The war on men

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/

My jimjams are rustled by the war on men.

The battle of the sexes is alive and well. According to Pew Research Center, the share of women ages eighteen to thirty-four that say having a successful marriage is one of the most important things in their lives rose nine percentage points since 1997 – from 28 percent to 37 percent. For men, the opposite occurred. The share voicing this opinion dropped, from 35 percent to 29 percent.
Believe it or not, modern women want to get married. Trouble is, men don’t.

The so-called dearth of good men (read: marriageable men) has been a hot subject in the media as of late. Much of the coverage has been in response to the fact that for the first time in history, women have become the majority of the U.S. workforce. They’re also getting most of the college degrees. The problem? This new phenomenon has changed the dance between men and women.

As the author of three books on the American family and its intersection with pop culture, I’ve spent thirteen years examining social agendas as they pertain to sex, parenting, and gender roles. During this time, I’ve spoken with hundreds, if not thousands, of men and women. And in doing so, I’ve accidentally stumbled upon a subculture of men who’ve told me, in no uncertain terms, that they’re never getting married. When I ask them why, the answer is always the same.

Women aren’t women anymore.

To say gender relations have changed dramatically is an understatement. Ever since the sexual revolution, there has been a profound overhaul in the way men and women interact. Men haven’t changed much – they had no revolution that demanded it – but women have changed dramatically.

In a nutshell, women are angry. They’re also defensive, though often unknowingly. That’s because they’ve been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.

Now the men have nowhere to go.

It is precisely this dynamic – women good/men bad – that has destroyed the relationship between the sexes. Yet somehow, men are still to blame when love goes awry. Heck, men have been to blame since feminists first took to the streets in the 1970s.

But what if the dearth of good men, and ongoing battle of the sexes, is – hold on to your seats – women’s fault?

You’ll never hear that in the media. All the articles and books (and television programs, for that matter) put women front and center, while men and children sit in the back seat. But after decades of browbeating the American male, men are tired. Tired of being told there’s something fundamentally wrong with them. Tired of being told that if women aren’t happy, it’s men’s fault.

Contrary to what feminists like Hanna Rosin, author of The End of Men, say, the so-called rise of women has not threatened men. It has pissed them off. It has also undermined their ability to become self-sufficient in the hopes of someday supporting a family. Men want to love women, not compete with them. They want to provide for and protect their families – it’s in their DNA. But modern women won’t let them.

It’s all so unfortunate – for women, not men. Feminism serves men very well: they can have sex at hello and even live with their girlfriends with no responsibilities whatsoever.

It’s the women who lose. Not only are they saddled with the consequences of sex, by dismissing male nature they’re forever seeking a balanced life. The fact is, women need men’s linear career goals – they need men to pick up the slack at the office – in order to live the balanced life they seek.

So if men today are slackers, and if they’re retreating from marriage en masse, women should look in the mirror and ask themselves what role they’ve played to bring about this transformation.

Fortunately, there is good news: women have the power to turn everything around. All they have to do is surrender to their nature – their femininity – and let men surrender to theirs.
If they do, marriageable men will come out of the woodwork.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/24/war-on-men/#ixzz2DGow5jUh

Last edited:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
If 63% of women don't want to get married, I still say that's damned good odds.

Unfortunately that 100% of women don't want to appreciate my company sort of defeats that, but whatever.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
If 63% of women don't want to get married, I still say that's damned good odds.

Unfortunately that 100% of women don't want to appreciate my company sort of defeats that, but whatever.
Do we need a pep talk from SatansCheerledr as well?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
Yeah right, only 37% of women think marriage is important? We live in the "strong, independent" age of lying women. I'm sure Racia would say it isn't a priority when asked but of course she is lying.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Do we need a pep talk from SatansCheerledr as well?
Pep talks don't really have an effect on me except to make me despise the speaker for the bullshit and hate myself for listening to the bullshit.

Which coincidentally enough is my latest pick-up line.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It's a shame we've strayed so far from the good ol' days of the '40s, '50s, and early '60s.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
The destruction of marriage and male responsibility has ten times more to do to with the government taking over as breadwinner rather than women taking over as breadwinner.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It's a shame we've strayed so far from the good ol' days of the '40s, '50s, and early '60s.
Hey. It was feminism in the 1970s that turned men into dicks. Before that men were golden gods incapable of doing wrong. (Seriously, the fact that people still cling to that idea or yearn for its return is at least part of the reason why there is such anti-white male hatred today.)

Here's something I just picked up on the article

When I ask them why, the answer is always the same.

Women aren’t women anymore.
Always the same? Always? Because I never want to get married but it has nothing to do with women not being women anymore, whatever the fuck that means. It's that I find it an outdated concept when a long-term relationship can offer the same emotional benefits without the annoyance of marriage, divorce, etc.

Women are still women to me.

And we know that women are still evil creatures from the depths of hell meant to be scorned, hated, and villified to Saikotic. Or a dog meant to be trained to SatansCheerledr

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
In a nutshell, women are angry. They’re also defensive, though often unknowingly. That’s because they’ve been raised to think of men as the enemy. Armed with this new attitude, women pushed men off their pedestal (women had their own pedestal, but feminists convinced them otherwise) and climbed up to take what they were taught to believe was rightfully theirs.
So women have become uppity cunts and men don't want to marry them?
There's a shocker. Silly slits get what they deserve.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I can't see this "War on Men" gaining any traction. Meant aren't whiny cunts and as long as they're still getting laid they won't give a shit.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Hey. It was feminism in the 1970s that turned men into dicks. Before that men were golden gods incapable of doing wrong. (Seriously, the fact that people still cling to that idea or yearn for its return is at least part of the reason why there is such anti-white male hatred today.)

Here's something I just picked up on the article

Always the same? Always? Because I never want to get married but it has nothing to do with women not being women anymore, whatever the fuck that means. It's that I find it an outdated concept when a long-term relationship can offer the same emotional benefits without the annoyance of marriage, divorce, etc.

Women are still women to me.

And we know that women are still evil creatures from the depths of hell meant to be scorned, hated, and villified to Saikotic. Or a dog meant to be trained to SatansCheerledr

The reason you get married is for tax and insurance reasons, nothing more. It has no affect on your actual relationship,(unless you allow her to get it into her head that she has somehow "got you" now.)

I learned every I know about dealing with women from trial and error. I used to think about them the same way you do and used to get the same results you do.

I love my wife to death. She is a sweet, kind person with a truly great sense of humour who's company I sincerely enjoy.

I also got her when she was still young and broke her like a wild hoarse. She is now content, obedient, and respectful. She's fucking HAPPY! How many women do you know who are fucking HAPPY? Their all a bunch of entitled, bitter, jealous cunts because they have no idea how to control themselves and no one to control them for them.

Women are still women and will always be women. Men aren't men anymore.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
The reason you get married is for tax and insurance reasons, nothing more. It has no affect on your actual relationship,(unless you allow her to get it into her head that she has somehow "got you" now.)

I learned every I know about dealing with women from trial and error. I used to think about them the same way you do and used to get the same results you do.
I don't put women on pedestals if that's what you're aiming for. I just want someone cool, and I think that's possible without breaking them.

I love my wife to death. She is a sweet, kind person with a truly great sense of humour who's company I sincerely enjoy.

I also got her when she was still young and broke her like a wild hoarse. She is now content, obedient, and respectful. She's fucking HAPPY! How many women do you know who are fucking HAPPY? Their all a bunch of entitled, bitter, jealous cunts because they have no idea how to control themselves and no one to control them for them.
You honestly make it sound like you Stepford Wived her. I'm not saying this is true with your case, but the terms "content, obedient, and respectful" just make me think that you sapped all independence out of her. And her being happy because she's at the end of your leash doesn't sound like happiness to me, it sounds more like brainwashing. (And again, I'm not saying this is true with your situation, I'm just giving you my reaction to the words you used.)

Also, how many men do you know who are fucking happy? I'm not.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey

She is probably HAPPY because she found someone to bank roll those USDA unapproved sweater melons she is sporting, not because she is HAPPY with you. Just sayin'.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
True, but modern society has influenced majority of women to not only think they are equal but think they are greater. That idea doesn't hold up in reality so the situation for both sides is fucked up from the get go based on that premise.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I don't put women on pedestals if that's what you're aiming for. I just want someone cool, and I think that's possible without breaking them.
It's not as draconian as it sounds or you make it out to be. Now that I have helped her get control of herself I have an admiration and respect for her that allows me to value her opinion and input in our relationship without any need to question her motives or secondary gains.

[/quote]You honestly make it sound like you Stepford Wived her. I'm not saying this is true with your case, but the terms "content, obedient, and respectful" just make me think that you sapped all independence out of her. And her being happy because she's at the end of your leash doesn't sound like happiness to me, it sounds more like brainwashing. (And again, I'm not saying this is true with your situation, I'm just giving you my reaction to the words you used.)[/quote]

She has independence, within boundaries. Fucking Boundaries. Whatever happened to fucking boundaries?

[/quote]Also, how many men do you know who are fucking happy? I'm not.[/quote]

I've got my crosses to bear but I'm as happy as is reasonable to expect. I've also accepted that the only happiness I'm ever gonna get is the happiness I create for myself.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
It's not as draconian as it sounds or you make it out to be.
Yes it is.
Now that I have helped her get control of herself I have an admiration and respect for her that allows me to value her
Of course; you've turned her into a clone of your own desires.
Now that I have helped her get control of herself
Interesting wording. You're no different than a self-help guru.

fletcher

Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Hey, you picked the lady with self esteem issues due to her poor self image and the only way to make herself feel better is another 50ccs of saline into those inflatables. Hater? Nah, as far as Im concerned you are doing the Lord's work pampering one of the emotionally damaged women folk so that the rest of us can see her in the mall and say "DAMN, THEM TITTIES" and keep on walking by. Kudos, Mr. Cheerler.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
Yes it is.

Of course; you've turned her into a clone of your own desires.

Interesting wording. You're no different than a self-help guru.

Are you blatantly trolling? How could you possibly know if any of those statements you made are true in any way?