The "What are you having for Thanksgiving" thread

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Can't believe ya dopes didn't have this thread started!

Anyone having anything out of the ordinary, or something that's brought out once a year for holidays?

What's your favorite --anything-- to eat today, on your table?

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
Nov 4, 2006
monroe twp, nj
Turkey, candied yams, stuffing, broccoli and cheese casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy, and matzah ball soup...I LOVE IT ALL and look forward to this day every year...

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Ooof. Elk. How the hell is that being prepared?
And I want to hear from some of my cooking-friendly baggers. I know how some of you bastards throw down, in and out of the kitchen.

hrmph. im not even gonna eat. just cook, and cook, and cook.

Turkey, baked. Nothing too fancy. 14lbs of butchered-this-week-freshness. Butter is the main ingredient there. Rubbed and patted down with some hand ground spices.
Shallots'll go in there an hour before I pull it out, for the gravy.

Stuffing. Making 2. Meat free, with walnuts, cherries, and 8 grain bread.
Then a traditional white-bread based stuffing, with sausisjjjjjj, turkey, and what not, to stuff the turkey with. mmmmhm.

The yams. Allspice, fresh nutmeg, cloves, brown sugar, and butter. Carmalized and gooey then baked in a loaf pan with marshmallow fluff until golden toasted. Think lasagna, but yamlike and sweet.

Broccoli cheese cassarole. Nothing too crazy there, either. Cheddar, heavy cream, a crisp crumb topping.

Braciole. With beef, veal, and prosciutto, fresh basil and romano.
I'll let it cook in some marinara until after the game. Then serve it over a bed of roasted red onion, red/green/yellow pepper and potatoes. This is all I really want to eat.

Pork Roast. Small one, tossed together becauz it has a flavr.
Fresh Rosemary, salt and pepper will steer the yum, and you have to have some steamed bread dumplings for it, too.

Double baked Mac and cheese. I ganked this recipe from my buddy Razor Roman. He's a total goon with this stuff. like 3lbs of different cheeses and nothing but heavy cream. I'm going to hell for it, and it's ok. I'll turn to my left and see him stuffing his face with a bowl of it.

Mashed potatoes. Garlic, bacon, and pepper are the ass kicker in these.
There's a bit of a secret ingredient too, it makes them taste more betterer.

Baby Carrots. Sugar, Salt, a bit of fresh mint. (must be careful to not turn them into toothpaste flavored carrots. :x )

Got homemade biscuits, and cornbread ready to go.

Making 2 gravies. One for the turkey stuff, one for the pork.

turkey stuff : turkey juice and shallots from the pan, butter, flour, some foodprocessed giblets and copious amounts of white wine.

Pork : Pork fat, butter, flour, shallots and cilantro,and goose island IPA.
The hops in the beer will entertain tastebuds for sure.

Dessert? Who knows. I'll figure it out as I get more space, and shit out of the way. Got a ton of fruit sitting in the fridge. Maybe a pear-apple-peach cobbler if I've the time.

I dunno who's gonna eat all this shit, but I'll be forcing plates on everyone who stops by for a week.

Mar 2, 2005
chicago
caught 3 nice walleye last weekend so im gonna grill 1 and find some other shit. holidays dont matter any more

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
We're doing the usual turkey w/stuffing, cranberry sauce shaped like a can, cauliflower, broccoli, sweet potatoes, and rice balls...

hawk4444

Also known as Butters
Jun 23, 2005
Bisbee, AZ
i don't know what the rest of my family bring. usually they get a couple of pies from the store and some cokes. <_<

while i'm left to cook everything. my mom helps me cook our famous

drunk turkey(mmmm brandy) put in the oven and its so damn good right now that the meat falls off the bones and even the tippy top of the turkey is completely moist and delicous.

20 pounds of mashed potatoes. made to the creamy buttery perfection that only i know best.

mom made her delicous yams with all that brown sugar. look tasty

and if i get time later today i'll make some chocolate mousse for dessert but only for my mom and pop.

the rest of those ungrateful family members of mine who free load and only come with shitty foods that took bout 5 minutes to pick up from the store can bite a big dick.

they complain that i take to long but who does all the cooking since 1am.

HMMMM HMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

didn't think so. >_<

otherwise my food is totally to die for. to bad doug stanhope won't come over this year :(

he'd really like it.

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
No wonder why most of you are fatty fat fucks. Enjoy your heart attacks. :action-sm

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You
Braciole. With beef, veal, and prosciutto, fresh basil and romano.
I'll let it cook in some marinara until after the game. Then serve it over a bed of roasted red onion, red/green/yellow pepper and potatoes. This is all I really want to eat.
Damn this sounds good.

Ronreddog

Unofficial O&A Twitter Tough Guy
May 11, 2007
Sunny Florida
I made us a homemade lasagna for today. Just the two of us, so a nice quiet Thanksgiving here.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I love turkey, my favorite food with mashed taters....I have had Haggis, Venison, and Oyster stuffing...but Elk stew as first course...that kinda freaks me out