The "what are you watching" thread

Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada from Dominion.

And that's why I still watch pro wrestling.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I don't like how they'e make out the SAD operators and the SF guys look like dumb meat heads. They are usually pretty fucking smart.
I was enjoying it at first but it is starting to unravel and become silly. JohnK is holding up but barely. And I don't like chunky Abby Cornish.

Last edited:

LiddyRules

Signed To a Non-Exclusive Consultancy
I was enjoying it at first but it is starting to unravel and become silly. JohnK is holding up but barely. And I don't like chunky Abby Cornish.
Ever start Goliath?

I thought about trying Jack Ryan but realized I don't care nearly enough about it to spend my time on.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I don't like how they'e make out the SAD operators and the SF guys look like dumb meat heads. They are usually pretty fucking smart.
Agree. Bumbling SF guys.
Savages bring bodies in and you don’t stab them to check for deadness?

LiddyRules

Been putting Goliath off. I'll start it soon.
No rush. Maybe I'll start one of those Netflix Brand Creepy Lady Detective Mysteries. There are so many of them and the seasons are short enough that it doesn't feel like an investment.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
No rush. Maybe I'll start one of those Netflix Brand Creepy Lady Detective Mysteries. There are so many of them and the seasons are short enough that it doesn't feel like an investment.
Are you talking like Miss Fishers? I've thought about shows like that but I can't do it.

I did try something a little similar on Prime and watched one of Mr Whicher movies. I fell asleep off and on during the whole thing but it was really strange. Those type of shows are carried by the detective leads and this lead had absolutely nothing.

LiddyRules

Are you talking like Miss Fishers? I've thought about shows like that but I can't do it.

I did try something a little similar on Prime and watched one of Mr Whicher movies. I fell asleep off and on during the whole thing but it was really strange. Those type of shows are carried by the detective leads and this lead had absolutely nothing.
No. That's BBC. I'm talking Tabula Rasa, Collateral, Requiem, Secret City, Alias Grace.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
GUYS! GUYS! GUYS!

The Documentary "RBG", celebrating the worst supreme court justice to ever wear the robes, is about to start on CNN!!!

HURRY HURRY!!!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Side note, started Jack Ryan. Quite good. Bunk is great in his new role and the lead has surprised me for someone I've never heard of.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
I finished the last episode of Jack Ryan. what an outlandish ending. I still enjoyed the show even though the ending was so dumb.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I finished the last episode of Jack Ryan. what an outlandish ending. I still enjoyed the show even though the ending was so dumb.
I love how the season went downhill and they had no idea how to end it...so of course they will do a season 2. Makes perfect sense.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Tom Clancy's Why? Jack Ryan has a meet cute with his new boss, but he doesn't know it's his new boss! Awkward when he finds out! Also starring Wendell Pierce as Wendell Pierce! He's the gruff boss who won't trust Ryan, but of course Ryan is right or we wouldn't have a show! You know how you know Ryan is brilliant? He rocks at Jeopardy! But he's not brilliant enough to recognize somebody's face! We needed another meet cute! Remember the happy go lucky kid from the beginning dancing to Men at Work? It won't be obvious at all who he grew up to be! And we're gonna blow a lot of shit up! Plus: initials and acronyms! T-FAD! SWIFT! CTC! RH! PNG!

This shit is barely above a second-tier trope-riddled CBS action series. You know you're phoning it in when you have a two season commitment months before the first episode airs, and you still can't come up with anything to call it other than "Pilot." The first 10 episodes were greenlit on the basis of three scripts. There was no pilot.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I just finished Jack Ryan also. Same sentiment, but decent for background noise.

By the way, my phone autocorrected to "Hack Ryan". Sounds like the first joke technology would make as it becomes aware.

Psychopath

I just finished Jack Ryan also. Same sentiment, but decent for background noise.

By the way, my phone autocorrected to "Hack Ryan". Sounds like the first joke technology would make as it becomes aware.
The whole side story of the drone pilot was such a waste of time. They could have had it where he went to syria and became one of those western mercenary's fighting isis. It would have been a lot better than what they did.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
@LiddyRules Have you heard of this Insatiable show? My interest is piqued.
Well @LiddyRules, while you were off gallivanting on your weekend rendezvous I started watching this. I'm confused. It might be bad but it's also unique enough that it might be good. I'll report back after more episodes if you care.

LiddyRules

@LiddyRules Have you heard of this Insatiable show? My interest is piqued.
Well @LiddyRules, while you were off gallivanting on your weekend rendezvous I started watching this. I'm confused. It might be bad but it's also unique enough that it might be good. I'll report back after more episodes if you care.
Never heard of it. What's its deal?

Also, I forgot to ask you something re: Evil Genius. Do you think the pizza guy was in on it? Because I think he was. And by "was" I mean, I think they lied to him about the bomb being active, but I think he knew about the plan.

Also, I hated his family complaining about the cops cutting off his head to preserve the bomb. They did it because they needed the bomb to analyze and figure out who did it to him. You can put your derelict's head on a pole for all I care.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
The Americans, season 4.

Binge watching this show is the only way to really enjoy it, and I'm glad the stars aligned and I was able to bank so many unwatched episodes.

LiddyRules

Damn you Adventure Time.

Onto the new season of Bojack Horseman, which I'm always hesitant to begin watching.

LiddyRules

I haven't watched the last season. Maybe its on in demand still.

I watched some of lost in space on netflix. Its bad but not unspeakably bad... I guess that's something?
From what I've heard about Lost in Space, it's just passable enough. Where people seem to like it, but not love it - and I don't have time for that. There's enough stuff that I've heard is better that I will never get to, and I have enough "shows to leave on" not to care much about Lost In Space. If I was desperate for a background show, I might say screw it and jump back into the Netflix Marvel shows.

Where people seem to like it, but not love it - and I don't have time for that.
Exactly it.

I heard the best character on the show was the robot. That made me curious when I scrolled past it last night and gave it a gander. There;s this crazy woman on the show who is actually pretty good. She may even be more unlikable than Skyler White.

Psychopath

For the last few nights I've been on Youtube watching Sopranos clips. I miss that show so much.