The "what are you watching" thread

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
What possessed you to look it up?
Anyway, I just found out that the Sopranos is included with prime, so i'm watching it for the 400th time.
It's the internet. It's like those old movies where the guy walks down the dark street surrounded by ghostly neon signs.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
Currently watching Law Abiding Citizen. I'm confused, who does the movie want me rooting for because I definitely wanted Gerard Butler to kill everyone.

Bobobie

Currently watching Law Abiding Citizen. I'm confused, who does the movie want me rooting for because I definitely wanted Gerard Butler to kill everyone.
I couldn't get past Butlers strange accent, think it was supposed to be American, and quit watching after he was sent to prison for killing his families murderer. I figured that should of been the end, despite 40 minutes being left.

Bobobie

Binge watched Jack Ryan. Wasn't completely awful. Was surprised that skinny guy from the office made a realistic lead. After getting a haircut he managed to pull a reverse Chris Pratt and gain weight in muscle mass.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
I'm at the end of the first season of The Sopranos. The first season is really clunky compared to the others.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Never heard of it. What's its deal?

Also, I forgot to ask you something re: Evil Genius. Do you think the pizza guy was in on it? Because I think he was. And by "was" I mean, I think they lied to him about the bomb being active, but I think he knew about the plan.

Also, I hated his family complaining about the cops cutting off his head to preserve the bomb. They did it because they needed the bomb to analyze and figure out who did it to him. You can put your derelict's head on a pole for all I care.
I think we are pretty much on the same page.

Sorry, I know you are probably looking for a discussion but I can't recall enough details to get into it.

LiddyRules

I think we are pretty much on the same page.

Sorry, I know you are probably looking for a discussion but I can't recall enough details to get into it.
Your answer is good enough for me. What is there to discuss? I was just curious your reading since you're more a true crime guy than me.

Really I just wanted validation.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Your answer is good enough for me. What is there to discuss? I was just curious your reading since you're more a true crime guy than me.

Really I just wanted validation.
Serial season 3 is out. You think you can stomach it? I have trouble listening to Koenig now and it's not because I dislike her. Not sure why.

LiddyRules

Serial season 3 is out. You think you can stomach it? I have trouble listening to Koenig now and it's not because I dislike her. Not sure why.
What's it about? Where should the topic fall on my rageometer?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I tried watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares sequel. You'd think if they were going to re-boot this show, they would tone it down, more similar to the UK version which was the superior show.

Oh no, they went in the opposite direction, because we need a second Hell's Kitchen. Obviously, it blows.

LiddyRules

I tried watching Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares sequel. You'd think if they were going to re-boot this show, they would tone it down, more similar to the UK version which was the superior show.

Oh no, they went in the opposite direction, because we need a second Hell's Kitchen. Obviously, it blows.
I watched a couple of episodes of 24 Hours Of Restaurant. Even for this type of show it's really bad.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I just finished watching season 1 of Fortitude - about a bunch of people living on an ice island who get sick of fucking each other and decide to fuck wooly mammoth carcasses instead. It’s one of the most disgusting shows I’ve ever watched, but it was also outstanding. Stanley Tucci leads a great cast of mammoth fuckers. Looks like Dennis Quaid is the big get for Season 2’s hijinks.

DiggerNick

Donator

KITCHEN NIGHTMARES was great. This new bastaradisation of it is not nearly as entertaining.

How do you ever top Amy's Bakery or "NINOOOO!!!"?

LiddyRules

Barry. A lot better than I expected. Plus it has the guy who plays Victor Zsasz in Gotham.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
The Wikipedia article for Charlie Harper - Sheen's character in 2.5 Men - is insanely detailed. And I don't know which is weirder: if CBS paid someone to bio him or if people did it on their own.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Harper_(Two_and_a_Half_Men)
Jesus your right, it’s a fucking novel.

So, the wife and I “binge watched” the entire “mad men” series, I have to say I really liked it, I heard about all the hubbub when it was on the air but at that time I was busy doing other shit and watching TV wasn’t on that list.
The story was great, the characters were in-depth and I really liked the way it was shot.
Oh and now I can’t stop humming that god damn coke song in my head, and yes I’m old enough to remember when it was actually on TV

LiddyRules

Mike Tyson Mysteries - this is a delightfully silly show.

DiggerNick

Donator
Been watching ENTOURAGE and have found it pretty bone-headed but entertaining. It's definitely from the same team that made BALLERS. Bitches and bling and idealised lifestyles abound. And if I didn't know what a jerk-off Jeremy Piven was I would say that Ari Gold was one of the greatest performances in TV history.

I got quite a shock to find out this fucking show ran for eight seasons!

And, no, the show doesn't make the movie any less abysmal.

LiddyRules

Ace Ventura
Dumb and Dumber
The Mask

Of those three, which has the most staying power? As in, among adolescents today, which is the most popular?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Ace Ventura
Dumb and Dumber
The Mask

Of those three, which has the most staying power? As in, among adolescents today, which is the most popular?
I'd assume The Mask since it is a superhero movie and more intended for younger audiences. I think Dumb and Dumber would be next followed by Ace.

LiddyRules

I'd assume The Mask since it is a superhero movie and more intended for younger audiences. I think Dumb and Dumber would be next followed by Ace.
I was thinking Dumb and Dumber as the top because I see it on TV more often, but I don't really see any of them referenced much.

And I'm sure it's partly a generational thing, but when we were younger we knew about comedies before our time like Animal House, Caddyshack, Airplane.

And I know Mask is technically a comic book movie, but I don't think it's considered as such.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I was thinking Dumb and Dumber as the top because I see it on TV more often, but I don't really see any of them referenced much.

And I'm sure it's partly a generational thing, but when we were younger we knew about comedies before our time like Animal House, Caddyshack, Airplane.

And I know Mask is technically a comic book movie, but I don't think it's considered as such.
I also wonder if the older Sandler movies are still big with kids today.