The "what are you watching" thread

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
Ace Ventura
Dumb and Dumber
The Mask

Of those three, which has the most staying power? As in, among adolescents today, which is the most popular?

In this order:

Dumb and Dumber
Ace Venture
The Mask

I also wonder if the older Sandler movies are still big with kids today.
Happy Gilmore for sure. Billy Madison maybe.

Does Austin Powers hold? Wayne's World?
Of all the movies mentioned, I'm not sure about these two.

But I wondering if they realize how great Eddie Murphy used to be or is that ancient history to them.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
I wont argue D&D vs The Mask but I'd be willing to wager good money that young kids aren't into Ace over The Mask. I don't think Ace holds up with adults who once liked it.
Is it streaming anywhere? I'd watch it again.

Then we can play the sequel/prequel game

When Nature Calls
When Harry Met Lloyd
Jamie Kennedy is The Mask
Dumb and Dumber To

LiddyRules

I wont argue D&D vs The Mask but I'd be willing to wager good money that young kids aren't into Ace over The Mask. I don't think Ace holds up with adults who once liked it.

When Nature Calls
When Harry Met Lloyd
Dumb and Dumber To

LiddyRules

When Nature Calls
When Harry Met Lloyd
Dumb and Dumber To

DiggerNick

Donator
I'm halfway through season 7 of ENTOURAGE and it's entertaining fluff. But that 'Honest Trailers' video for the show was absolutely right; there are NO black people in this show.

There's a club bouncer and odd half-breed hottie but that's about it. It truly is an idealised, utopian vision of Los Angeles.

LiddyRules

I'm halfway through season 7 of ENTOURAGE and it's entertaining fluff. But that 'Honest Trailers' video for the show was absolutely right; there are NO black people in this show.

There's a club bouncer and odd half-breed hottie but that's about it. It truly is an idealised, utopian vision of Los Angeles.
But at least Vince is a great character.

DiggerNick

Donator
But at least Vince is a great character.
A lot of people don't get that Vince was never supposed to be a 'character' in the show. The show is called ENTOURAGE, not THE VINCENT CHASE CHRONICLES. He is a pure cypher around which they other guys' lives revolve. It isn't until the seventh season where he actually does get a smidgen of a personality, when they give him a drug habit and a proper relationship to contend with (albeit one with sleepy-eyed anal queen Sasha Grey).

The vast majority of the show is just them trying to convince us that every woman he glances sideways at would instantly go into another room and fuck him.

I'm starting to hate myself now. Just six more episodes and I can put it behind me forever.

LiddyRules

Three's A Crowd, the Three's Company spin-off, has the best credits sequence of all time. And the theme song is no slouch.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
New season of F is for Family

Whenever I'm browsing Netflix and I see Chris Pine with his stupid hair and crown, I giggle.

Just finished Homecoming on Amazon Prime. It was phenomenal. Great direction, great acting, great music. Not long (ten episodes of 25 minutes). Can't recommend enough. @LiddyRules @Pigdango

LiddyRules

Just finished Homecoming on Amazon Prime. It was phenomenal. Great direction, great acting, great music. Not long (ten episodes of 25 minutes). Can't recommend enough. @LiddyRules @Pigdango
I've been meaning to watch it. That and Bodyguard. And Maniac. And Lodge 49.

Homecoming might be first.

Is that the Julia Roberts show?
Julia Roberts, eh?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Yup.

Watched 3 or 4 of Maniac and really want to get back to it. What about Haunting of Hill House?
I watched Hill House! I liked the schmaltzy turn away from horror at the end. Curious to see what @HandPanzer thought of it. He was at episode 6 last time he mentioned it.

I have Bodyguard in my queue Lids. Planning to watch it over Christmas break.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
I watched Hill House! I liked the schmaltzy turn away from horror at the end. Curious to see what @HandPanzer thought of it. He was at episode 6 last time he mentioned it.
I'll write my full thoughts later when I get home, but generally, I liked the series. Episode 6 was definitely the crescendo.

LiddyRules

Yup.

Watched 3 or 4 of Maniac and really want to get back to it. What about Haunting of Hill House?
I really liked Haunting of Hill House. I was impressed with how much I grew to care about the characters in a way that I don't really expect from a horror movie or haunted house show. It wasn't a collection of blank slates waiting for the next jump scare. Because of that, I liked how it went more schmaltzy than horror at the end.

LiddyRules

I've been watching MST3K: The Gauntlet. I know people complained about the first season not being constantly hilarious, but the show never was (I've been rewatching episodes as my sleep show for the past couple of months). It's hard to do that for a two hour show. But, like the first season, it's still a pitch perfect recreation of the original show with the easy going vibe that makes it consistently enjoyable for the 90 or so minutes without commercials.

At six episodes this season might be too short, but at 14 episodes the first season was a bit too long. But it's not something you need to marathon, so who cares? I'm glad to have it back.

Also, @Jacuzzi Billy I know you're always interested in the latest in stand up comedy, and I notice that Russell Brand has a new special out on Netflix. Would you have the balls to take it on?

LiddyRules

I've been watching MST3K: The Gauntlet. I know people complained about the first season not being constantly hilarious, but the show never was (I've been rewatching episodes as my sleep show for the past couple of months). It's hard to do that for a two hour show. But, like the first season, it's still a pitch perfect recreation of the original show with the easy going vibe that makes it consistently enjoyable for the 90 or so minutes without commercials.

At six episodes this season might be too short, but at 14 episodes the first season was a bit too long. But it's not something you need to marathon, so who cares? I'm glad to have it back.

Also, @Jacuzzi Billy I know you're always interested in the latest in stand up comedy, and I notice that Russell Brand has a new special out on Netflix. Would you have the balls to take it on?