The "what are you watching" thread

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Modern Family ending next year.
Never saw an episode.
Worth it?
Has occasional moments and okay to have on in the background or whatever, but also forgettable and at least for me, not craveable. I never go 'Man, I should watch some Modern Family' in the same way I might throw on an episode of the Office or Southpark.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Has occasional moments and okay to have on in the background or whatever, but also forgettable and at least for me, not craveable. I never go 'Man, I should watch some Modern Family' in the same way I might throw on an episode of the Office or Southpark.
That's how I 'saw' it. Because it's been on for 11 years but never seemed to have any cultural impact in the way even The Office did.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
That's how I 'saw' it. Because it's been on for 11 years but never seemed to have any cultural impact in the way even The Office did.
Yeah, good point. You never see a meme or a gif or reference to anything on Modern Family, and then there are days where everywhere you look there's a gif of Kevin spilling the pot of chili.

LiddyRules

Yeah, good point. You never see a meme or a gif or reference to anything on Modern Family, and then there are days where everywhere you look there's a gif of Kevin spilling the pot of chili.
People seemed fond of body shaming a teenage girl.

LiddyRules

Can I get you to take a look at Patriot? It's fantastic most of the time.
Sure. I'll get to it in about the time it took you to get to Goliath Season 2!

But seriously, it'll be the next show I watch. I haven't been able to binge watch a drama since Goliath 2 probably. Amazon?

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Sure. I'll get to it in about the time it took you to get to Goliath Season 2!

But seriously, it'll be the next show I watch. I haven't been able to binge watch a drama since Goliath 2 probably. Amazon?
Yep. It gets better after the first few episodes so try to stick with it.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I'm glad to have a second opinion on it because there are moments when I'm wondering if it's as good as I think it is.
I'll let you know what I think in a few episodes, but I like it so far.

The YouTube video on tying knots at the beginning of episode 2 was hilarious.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Half way through second episode, I'm sold.
Let me know if you reminds you of something. It reminds me of the Coens at times and Wes Anderson too but there's something else it really reminds me of but I can't put my finger on it.

Let me know if you reminds you of something. It reminds me of the Coens at times and Wes Anderson too but there's something else it really reminds me of but I can't put my finger on it.
Not so much the style of the show but John's 1000 yard stare reminded me of Daniel from Rectify

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
I kind of got a Whole Nine Yards vibe also at times with some of the scenes.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Not so much the style of the show but John's 1000 yard stare reminded me of Daniel from Rectify

I kind of got a Whole Nine Yards vibe also at times with some of the scenes.
Hmm. Not exactly what I was thinking.

Last few episodes of season 1 went downhill a bit. I read season 2 is strong so there's that.