The "what are you watching" thread

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Collateral - Netflix limited series starring Carey Mulligan. Don’t know if it’s the writing, Mulligan’s terrible acting, or her ugly face, but I’m not enjoying it. It’s only 4 episodes and I’m halfway through so I guess I will finish it to see how preposterous it gets and how many more clumsy and absurd references they make to Mulligan’s horrific pole vaulting injury that transformed her from an athlete into a pregnant Sherlock Holmes.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Chris Conrad (Dennis) is probably the best part of Patriot. Looking at his imdb, he surprisingly hasn't had much of a career. He has a scene in the season 1 finale that completely caught me off guard. Hilarious.

Chris Conrad (Dennis) is probably the best part of Patriot. Looking at his imdb, he surprisingly hasn't had much of a career. He has a scene in the season 1 finale that completely caught me off guard. Hilarious.
Was going to say the same thing, Dennis is fantastic in this "I can fuck with this thing on." He's also great with Cool Rick.

Show is well done so subtle and funny as hell. You catch how even the Candahar father looks like John Locke.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Was going to say the same thing, Dennis is fantastic in this "I can fuck with this thing on." He's also great with Cool Rick.

Show is well done so subtle and funny as hell. You catch how even the Candahar father looks like John Locke.
I didn't like Cool Rick at the start but that's before I knew he was so cool. Honestly, I wish season two was just Cool Rick and Dennis hanging out while John sings folk music.

I didn't like Cool Rick at the start but that's before I knew he was so cool. Honestly, I wish season two was just Cool Rick and Dennis hanging out while John sings folk music.
While Girl's Name and John Locke play buddy cop.

Have you started season 2?

Abducted in Plain Sight. It's pretty frustrating seeing how naive this family is. About halfway in, I said fuck it and started rooting for the abductor.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Jumping in to American Vandal season 2. Watched some of one, but not all. Just skipped what was left to check on @TurdBurglar

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
I'm watching the Lady Gaga Bradley Cooper flick.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Wow. That scene was fucking fantastic.
Watching this episode now, that scene was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on television.

And the solo raid by the fat cop.. this show is so fucking great.
Birdbath: "the 3 fuckatears"...

The French cop "you should just shoot yourslelf in the head" (hands him the gun :haha7:). Can't tell if John was upset that that scene was so easy, where none of it is ever easy for him.

So many great things.

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
Running commentary for BR every half hour give or take
Five minutes in and we're already at "Flashback During Big Event" and "You never think about your future"! I even think I saw "teenage Freddy writing Queen lyrics on a random piece of paper."

Embarrassing band member exposition. "You're the dentist, and you're the astrophysicist. And now I'm your lead singer."

Freddie Mercury, meet microphone stand.

*Plays chords to Bohemian Rhapsody on piano*
"I think it has potential."

Disapproving uptight father.

So they get THE CALL during a time when everyone - Freddy's family and Freddy's band - is together at Freddy's home.

Mr. Agent Producer: "What makes Queen any different from all the wannabe rock stars I've met."
Freddy: "We're four misfits who don't belong together playing to the other misfits. The outcasts right at the back of the room who are pretty sure they don't belong either. We belong to them."
Not Freddy 1: "We're a family."
Not Freddy 2: "But no two of us are the same."

I was expecting Mr. Agent Producer to go "but I've heard that a thousand times before." Instead, that wins him over.

Split screen montage of time passing.

Freddy: "I'm exactly the person I'm always meant to be. I'm not afraid of anything." Why can't musical biopic protagonists ever be flawed?

I like his cats.

They're building up the Mary/Freddie relationship a lot. I actually think it could be interesting if they delved into that sort of relationship in an adult way - how emotional intimacy and sexual attraction/physical intimacy can be completely different because I'm strangely liking their story more than the Queen story. But I bet he's just going to want cock.

MIDWEST, USA! I know that place!

And right at the half hour mark he just wants cock.

LiddyRules

Part 2

REL Mike Myers. Everything about him feels like a prank played on the movie.

Did this movie just condemn "formulas?" This fucking movie?

"We're going to name our next album A Night at the Opera because it's going to have this and that and this and that and this and that! No one knows what Queen means because it doesn't mean any single thing!" Do most bands consider their band as meaning a "single thing?" Every time they say something about what makes Queen unique it's so broad and vague that I can imagine it applying to every band.

So he just started singing the lyrics to Bohemian Rhapsody and didn't realize it until after the fact?

During the BR recording session, it looked like they were going to make Freddie into a control freak, but then he's just one of the guys again.

Mike Myers: "And as for Bohemian? ... Rhapsody?"

Mike Myers: "What about I'm in Love With My Car? That's the kind of song teenagers can crank up the volume in their car and bang their heads to. Bohemian Rhapsody will never be that song." That happens. In a Best Picture Nominee. But even if this wasn't nominated for Best Picture. That happens.

How long has this "Bohemian Rhapsody Is The Single No It Isn't Yes It Is" conversation been going on for? 5 minutes.

So the critics didn't like it but audiences did.

Am I the only one who thinks Malek looks more like Mick Jagger than Freddie Mercury?

I'm only 50 minutes in and they're just showing a bunch of cities fly across the screen.

The female character has lost steam. Is Freddie a narcissist or not? Because I think this movie is running into the same problem the Ashton Kutcher Steve Jobs movie did where his Steve Jobs was a complete asshole, but I think they thought he was a hero. I mean Freddie isn't nearly that bad, but I wonder.

Mary tells Freddy he's gay, but he still tells her to wear the engagement ring when she's about to take it off because he loves her, so she does and agrees. I still think there's an interesting polyamorous or monamorous/pansexual aspect they can play towards, but instead she just seems broken down and subservient. I don't know the truth about their relationship and I'm not going to pretend to, but enough of this movie feels fake, why not bolster an actual interesting element?

So Freddie seems depressed and alone in his giant house, and are they going to do anything with that? I thought so, but now he's throwing a party and looking happy.

LiddyRules

Part 3 to the End because I got bored and didn't have much to say. This was terrible.

The origins of We Will Rock You. People can perform it.

Are they going to get to the origin of the News of the World album cover?

Freddie won't go solo.

Do we ever see Freddie do drugs? We see him drink but does he ever do actual drugs?

"Queen is whatever I say it is!"

Gay bar w/ gimp

The conference's attempts to be disorienting instead looked like something out of Spaced.

Freddie goes solo. The band is upset.

"You need us Freddie. More than you know."
"I don't need anyone!"

"It's one performance for a good cause."

Oh shit! This movie just did bloody handkerchief cough!

Mary's back. And she's his muse I guess. Even though she's been virtually absent for the past 45 minutes.

So Freddie Mercury had an out-in-out villain in his life? This Paul guy?

Oscar Speech In The Rain!

Queen = family

Freddie has learned his lesson and now wishes to atone to his bandmates. #SOSing

"We haven't played together in years."
They did a crap job showing how long they were separated for.

Freddie learns he has AIDS in the Saddest Hospital Ever.

How I know I'm paying too much attention to nonsense. When Freddie tells the rest of Queen he has AIDS, they start by shooting him from below with angelic light but when they cut to the rest of the band, they're eye level with normal lighting. I don't know why I found it so distracting, but I did.

That was weird ADR during the hugging.

So he's been after this guy for five years?

So on the day of Live Aid, Freddie manages to track down the gay waiter he met 5 years ago and introduce him to his parents?

And Freddie learns his father respects him because that's how movies work!

Queen saves Africa!

Does Mary's boyfriend have any lines?

Mike Myers killing himself in his office while listening on the radio to Live Aid was weird.

I still need to see A Star Is Born but in conclusion, Roma wins Best Picture

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Part 3 to the End because I got bored and didn't have much to say. This was terrible.

I still need to see A Star Is Born but in conclusion, Roma wins Best Picture
#Hispanicsolidarity #NoWalls