The "what are you watching" thread

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
I watched ASIB last night. Liked it much more than I expected to. Cooper was pretty fucking great.
Did you know what he was saying because I couldn't hear a single word. Nothing but mumbles.

LiddyRules

Johny Charro Card Holder #1
I watched ASIB last night. Liked it much more than I expected to. Cooper was pretty fucking great.
I'm probably going to see that today and try to rewatch Roma sometime before Sunday in a better mood. Also want to get to Can You Ever Forgive Me?

LiddyRules

Has anyone watched the first half of season 5 of Arrested Development? I noticed that the second half is coming out in March, and I haven't watched any of the first half of the season, and I kind of don't want to, but I'm a completionist so I feel like I should? Or rather have to?

And obviously a big part of that is Season 4. I only watched the original edit of Season 4, and while I saw it as "they tried, it didn't work, cobwebs, but they tried" I have an anti-desire to go back to that season, which probably says something.

So is Season 5 a step up from Season 4? Or is it better to forget the Netflix seasons even exist.

DiggerNick

Donator
I dug out my old PARTY DOWN DVDs and have been rewatching it. Goddamn, that was a great fucking show. If it had finished last year it probably would have been picked up by Netflix or another streaming service, since it can't have cost a lot to make.

It made me an eternal fan of exquisite Jewess Lizzy Caplan in a crisp white shirt and pink bow tie. Or getting nekkid in TRUE BLOOD.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I’m about halfway through season one of Safe on Netflix. Michael C Hall stars as a dad somewhat casually looking for his missing daughter. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s something really unique about the show that I’m really enjoying. Maybe it’s the hot French teacher who is accused of schtooping one of her students.

The Indian girl’s dad is also a riot. Maybe one of my favorite TV characters ever.

LiddyRules

@Jacuzzi Billy

Finished S01E08 of Patriot. I think it's dragging a bit in the middle, but the scene where here's sitting in his tube and everyone (including Stephen's weird nurse) starts laying all the shit from the entire season on him in a row is the type of scene I watch three times in a row.

I'm also loving how they use Terry O'Quinn and Kurtwood Smith. Because you think they'd be the hardest guys, yet they're strangely sensitive. Kurtwood Smith especially is probably the most sympathetic character on the show. I felt bad when he was sitting by all those muffins.

DiggerNick

Donator
This new (and, mercifully, last) season of BROAD CITY has been pretty shit. Every background is plastered with anti-Trump and pro-Leftists signs and posters. Abbi's is suddenly a lesbian because feminism or some such nonsense. And I find Ilana completely disgusting by this point. There is a scene that exists purely for her to lift her arms and show her hairy pits.

The first two seasons were perfect. TDS has turned it into this.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
I’m about halfway through season one of Safe on Netflix. Michael C Hall stars as a dad somewhat casually looking for his missing daughter. I can’t quite put my finger on it, but there’s something really unique about the show that I’m really enjoying. Maybe it’s the hot French teacher who is accused of schtooping one of her students.

The Indian girl’s dad is also a riot. Maybe one of my favorite TV characters ever.
I finished this. I thought it was really great.

@Stormrider666 I recommend this if you haven’t seen it. About 6 hours total.

LiddyRules

I don't watch this show but I had to share this trailer. It's the dumbest shit ever...

That show gave us Meghan Markel! America's middle aged Princess!

And apparently Katherine Heigl is in it. As is a guy who seems like Richard Nixon's sleazy brother.

LiddyRules

@Jacuzzi Billy

Finished the end of Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2 of Patriot. Did anyone else have this experience? During the middle of Season 1, I forgot how good Lakeman actually is at his job because I felt the show was downplaying it/putting him in unwinnable situations. So there was something satisfying at the end of Season 1 when you're suddenly reminded "oh right, he's brutal."

I think a sign for me of a good show or movie is when I'm interested in/listening to the soundtrack, and the use of music on this show is fantastic. I'm sad to see Train Song go. What a perfect tone setter.

Poor guy with a girl's name.

@Jacuzzi Billy

Finished the end of Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2 of Patriot. Did anyone else have this experience? During the middle of Season 1, I forgot how good Lakeman actually is at his job because I felt the show was downplaying it/putting him in unwinnable situations. So there was something satisfying at the end of Season 1 when you're suddenly reminded "oh right, he's brutal."

I think a sign for me of a good show or movie is when I'm interested in/listening to the soundtrack, and the use of music on this show is fantastic. I'm sad to see Train Song go. What a perfect tone setter.

Poor guy with a girl's name.
I thought the Beastie's Sureshot was a better fit for the vibe of S2 (not just because of Cool Rick), plus this frame alone:

Speaking of S2ep2, was I the only one to google: "Vantasner Danger Meridian"

edit: now I got to watch the song/scene from S2ep3 :haha7:

Watching on HULU, 11.23.63
With James Franco, Chris Cooper
Pretty good time travel, short series, so far

Sorry, that's 11.22.63

Still pretty good. Wondering if it's going to be a story of it's own or follow history entirely. 2 episodes left

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Latest Episode of Walking Dead. So easy to tell who's going to die and who's not with this shit writing. I'm floored I've been able to stay with it this long.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
The first episode of the new Twilight Zone is just Death Note with a microphone, which was just Stephen King's "Word Processor" story with a notebook, which was just the old Twilight Zone dictaphone episode with a computer.

The second episode of the new The Twilight Zone is called "Nightmare at 30,000 Feet," because apparently planes fly 10,000 feet higher than they did during the original Twilight Zone. I shan't be watching it.

LiddyRules

I had a stupid thought about Patriot that I think ended up panning out.

During John's songs, I found something really charming about the way he sang about his "friends." Particularly his use of the word "friends," and how it felt like it [having friends] actually meant something to him, in an almost childlike way. I thought I was reading into it, until episode 6 of season 2 when you really saw how much having a crew made him happy, genuinely happy.