The "what are you watching" thread

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
I caught the first episode of A Very Brady Makeover. I’m a sucker for Brady reunion shows. It’s better than I thought it was going to be. The amount of money and effort spent to renovate the inside that house to look like the Brady Bunch set is intriguing and baffling. I like that they got the remaining cast that didn’t die of heart failure, brain damage or pneumonia complications together for the show. I also enjoyed the attention to detail they used. I dislike how they are acting as though this venture is of some kind of importance. Nobody would have cried if HGTV hadn’t spent $3.5 million just to buy the house.

DiggerNick

Donator
Three episodes into the French horror series MARIANNE on Netflix and liking it quite a lot.

The influences are many and obvious, the most notable one being ALAN WAKE, right down to the hoodie jacket the lead character (a horror writer, no less) wears throughout.

I guess you can 'blame' the Blumhouse model of horror, but this show throws everything it has at you, Every horror trope you've ever seen is present and accounted for. The good news is that it's effective more often then not. The first episode is flat-out horror but the second brings in a bit of humour and more character, and the duo of writer Emma and her assistant Camille begin to make for very engaging leads.

LiddyRules

She Is Not My BFF. She Is Not.
Finished season 3 of Twin Peaks a couple days ago. Not going to say I'm 100% satisfied with the ending.
I can't state my satisfaction with the ending because God knows what ending could have met expectations or hopes. And even after rewatching it, the best you can come up with is "sure, I'm on board." But can you think of moments in recent memory as great as "I am the FBI."?

It's ridiculously corny yet completely badass and awesome.

Plus who would have thought that Jim Belushi would have been a genuine delight?

Not gonna lie. That Mr. Jackpots dinner scene almost brought a tear to the eye. I want another season just to watch them pal around with mentally retarded Candie.

When they say they won't fire her because she has no where else to go. I got an unexpected sense of humanity from these characters. Which is something that I rarely see in shows these days.

I figured I would give Mindhunter one more chance. The girlfriend continued to be an abomination.

So instead of giving up I decided to pull a Godzilla and fast forward through any scene with her.

Its FINALLY a good show now.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
I figured I would give Mindhunter one more chance. The girlfriend continued to be an abomination.

So instead of giving up I decided to pull a Godzilla and fast forward through any scene with her.

Its FINALLY a good show now.
Would you say she is Gross?

DiggerNick

Donator
I can't state my satisfaction with the ending because God knows what ending could have met expectations or hopes. And even after rewatching it, the best you can come up with is "sure, I'm on board." But can you think of moments in recent memory as great as "I am the FBI."?

It's ridiculously corny yet completely badass and awesome.

I'm still hovering on the verge of considering TWIN PEAKS: THE RETURN as being the greatest thing Lynch has ever done. It certainly contains no shortage of phenomenal moments up there with the best of his career.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Hey @Pigdango
Do you follow any YouTube channels specifically for nerd movie news?

Now watching Episode 2 of Season 2 of "The Sopranos". Bobby Bacala's debut and Livia continues to be mother of the year.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Hey @Pigdango
Do you follow any YouTube channels specifically for nerd movie news?
I don’t have many YouTube subscriptions.

Mr Sunday movies
Red letter media
Full fat videos
Mauler

Those guys are more breakdowns and reviews, less news.

I don’t subscribe, but YouTube makes sure i see all the world class bullshitter, Star Wars theory, and Thor skywalker videos.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Finally got around to finishing Rectify. Overall I thought it was great. There were times I started to lose interest, but the story as a whole was good and it was told/shot very well.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
First ep of the new season of SNL.
Annnnd.....same painfully unfunny writing and cast

LiddyRules

Not watching Shark Tank but here's a pondering. Will Shark Tank no longer allow boat/aquatic-themed pitches?

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Finished the latest season of Arrow.

I've been very tolerant of the lame shit that happens in the arrowverse, because it's good overall. But I'm having trouble stomaching the direction it's taking. Supergirl has gone from okay to damn near unwatchable with all the woke shit. Batwoman is a dumpsterfire and i can't decide if the star is more hatable on or off screen. Arrow is going away, which is a needful thing. It's being replaced with a show that focuses on his kids as well as Diggle and Rene's kids. I'm sure we'll get cameos by Barry's daughter as well. Not sure how much potential that actually has.

So I may be done after this season unless Crisis drastically changes things. I imagine they will bring all of the characters into the same universe by the end so they can stop with the silly world hopping.

I still like Flash, though. And Legends of Tomorrow is always great.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
The fuck is this shit?

Bob Hearts Abishola is a love story about a middle-aged compression sock businessman from Detroit who unexpectedly falls for his cardiac nurse, a Nigerian immigrant, while recovering from a heart attack and sets his sights on winning her over. It stars Billy Gardell and Folake Olowofoyeku as the title characters.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Finished the latest season of Arrow.

I've been very tolerant of the lame shit that happens in the arrowverse, because it's good overall. But I'm having trouble stomaching the direction it's taking. Supergirl has gone from okay to damn near unwatchable with all the woke shit. Batwoman is a dumpsterfire and i can't decide if the star is more hatable on or off screen. Arrow is going away, which is a needful thing. It's being replaced with a show that focuses on his kids as well as Diggle and Rene's kids. I'm sure we'll get cameos by Barry's daughter as well. Not sure how much potential that actually has.

So I may be done after this season unless Crisis drastically changes things. I imagine they will bring all of the characters into the same universe by the end so they can stop with the silly world hopping.

I still like Flash, though. And Legends of Tomorrow is always great.
The DC TV world is filled with heroes and villains who live in Bizzaro worlds. It is entertainment. I will miss Gotham. Arrow's year long story arcs are nice but trying. I expect Batwoman to be shocking for ratings. Superwoman as well, for woke points.
Legends of Tomorrow is filled with silly fun. Flash is sometimes serious.

I will also miss Supernatural.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Donator
I just finished watching the last two episodes of the The Righteous Gemstones. Unlike what happened with Vice Principals, I'm looking forward to a second season.

LiddyRules

I just finished watching the last two episodes of the The Righteous Gemstones. Unlike what happened with Vice Principals, I'm looking forward to a second season.
The final episode of S1 was hilarious. "Enjoy the rest of your Outback Steakhouse meal. G'day." had me fucking rolling.
The scene where they're all gluing together the dashboard Jesus had me cracking up.

I also like whenever they delve into the goth Satanist subculture. It's so bizarre Satanic Panic over-the-top.