The what did you have for dinner thread

Creasy Bear

gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
Donator
I had a mug of ramen broth, hunks of lime Jello, and a large glass of bowel prep juice.

I am now shitting green doody water at Mach 4.

click

Salisbury Steak Parmesan on an onion garlic bagel. Or as Franko would
call it. My second dinner. No pics because I inhaled that bitch

A Royale with cheese, fries, and a large coke.

Tasty

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Homemade Ramen. Again. I've got the noodles down. The issue is the fucking broth. Tried multiple recipes from both Korean and Japanese cooks, but they're such bland tasteless broths. I'm going to go with the bitter/sour/salty/sweet next trial. If I can just master 1 broth. Fucking difficult. Really difficult. Most difficult thing I've ever cooked. I can't crack it.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Pan seared filet rare basted in butter crushed garlic and rosemary with mashed potatoes

5skin

Roasted pork butt on tortillas from Art's Mexican Products in armadell Kansas City.

Haeder

South Dakota
Homemade Ramen. Again. I've got the noodles down. The issue is the fucking broth. Tried multiple recipes from both Korean and Japanese cooks, but they're such bland tasteless broths. I'm going to go with the bitter/sour/salty/sweet next trial. If I can just master 1 broth. Fucking difficult. Really difficult. Most difficult thing I've ever cooked. I can't crack it.
Try cooking your broth over higher heat until it reduces by half. Should make it more flavorful.

DiggerNick

Donator
Try cooking your broth over higher heat until it reduces by half. Should make it more flavorful.
No matter what, you have to season your broth with something. A good quality sea salt or a bit of soy sauce. Just boiling meat and veges won't give you much taste at all.

DiggerNick

Donator
I splurged and got myself a Chinese meal. Now I have the itis real bad. But I have to stay up for a few hours to digest it or I'll end up blasting diarrhea all night.

Yesterdays Hero

Had some Green & Yellow Beans this evening, but I threw them in the cast iron pan and gave them the Caramelized Onion treatment. I don't think I'll ever eat Beans any other way.

Lil'GlubGlub

You may call me Chef Glub

The broth is just the base. I have made this at work for a noodle bar and we got a ton of compliments. Make a veg stock, or buy the carton stuff in the store, add miso paste, soy, garlic, ginger. Let simmer for a while. The real flavor comes from what you add to it before eating. Sriracha, hoisin, jalapenos, brid beak peppers, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, etc.

Damn it. Now I'm craving Pho.

The broth is just the base. I have made this at work for a noodle bar and we got a ton of compliments. Make a veg stock, or buy the carton stuff in the store, add miso paste, soy, garlic, ginger. Let simmer for a while. The real flavor comes from what you add to it before eating. Sriracha, hoisin, jalapenos, brid beak peppers, cilantro, fresh squeezed lime juice, etc.

Damn it. Now I'm craving Pho.
Yum. Pho.

The third of the four giant dishes.

Yesterdays Hero

Shrimp Tacos.

Put a bunch of shrimp in a frying pan. Put on a pinch of salt, 1 tbsp of Jalapeño Lime Powder, 1 tbsp of Chili Powder, 3 tbsp Cumin. Lime Juice/Lemon Juice. 1 tbsp Garlic. A Mango Salsa/Hotsauce Hybrid. Some Avocado Mash. Spinich. Throw that shit in a small wrap and off you go.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Shrimp Tacos.

Put a bunch of shrimp in a frying pan. Put on a pinch of salt, 1 tbsp of Jalapeño Lime Powder, 1 tbsp of Chili Powder, 3 tbsp Cumin. Lime Juice/Lemon Juice. 1 tbsp Garlic. A Mango Salsa/Hotsauce Hybrid. Some Avocado Mash. Spinich. Throw that shit in a small wrap and off you go.
Your last sentence really makes it sound appetizing :haha7: