Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
Wonder what ever happened to Knuckleup.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
Yeah I only really like '90s Silverchair.
They're from my hometown and I saw them on their first ever tour supporting Pantera, of all bands.

The other band on the bill was another new band called Powderfinger who only had an EP out. They became a superstar band in Australia as well.

Years later, when both bands were at their peak, they did a co-headlining arena tour.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
It was a little moment of history for a number of reasons. I checked the dates and it was five months before the debut album came out.

'Tomorrow' was everywhere on TV and that's pretty much all anyone knew.

They weren't treated particularly well by the crowd, if I remember rightly.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Well, it's probably not wise to have a band fronted by a guy who looks like a girl open for Pantera.
No.I remember the guy from Powderfinger saying in a documentary that they didn't really know why they were there, even though Powderfinger were actually pretty grungy at the time. But they became more a classic rock band later on with a singer who sounded like Neil Young.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
No.I remember the guy from Powderfinger saying in a documentary that they didn't really know why they were there, even though Powderfinger were actually pretty grungy at the time. But they became more a classic rock band later on with a singer who sounded like Neil Young.
I'll give him credit and say that Bernard Fanning is a lot better sounding then Young.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012

I so hope they will go on tour soon.
They've been working on an album for the past two years. They take their time.

I'm pretty sure this will be their last go around. Til just doesn't seem that into it anymore and he's even using backing tapes for some of his vocals.

I'd like to see him do a new Lindemann album.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm finishing listening through a best-of album of Helmet's 1991-1997 material that I got because I liked "Unsung" and wanted to check out some of the band's other work. I regret not getting into them earlier now.