The "What Music are You Listening to Right Now" Thread

DiggerNick

Donator
I'm finishing listening through a best-of album of Helmet's 1991-1997 material that I got because I liked "Unsung" and wanted to check out some of the band's other work. I regret not getting into them earlier now.
Killer band. 'Aftertaste' may be my favourite album of theirs. That wall of riffage makes most metal bands sound like pussies.

Page Hamilton was actually David Bowie's touring guitarist for a while.

DiggerNick

Donator
Listened to Andrew W.K's 'I Get Wet'.

It's repetitive garbage, every song is the same but it's all strangely charming at the same time.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Fun Fact: If you take a Chipmunks song with a little bit of distortion or overdrive on it and slow it down to half-speed, you have instant fucked-up, pseudo-sludge metal. Recommended for fans of music that's as weird as it is heavy.

DiggerNick

Donator
The greatest 'boy band' in the world.

A great video done after one of their eight sold out nights at Wembley Stadium.

mascan42

So . . . apparently this is a thing? Courtesy of some brace-faced kid in Ohio pestering the band for months.

DiggerNick

Donator
I can't hear this song anymore without hearing "I'm gettin' AIDS down in Aaaaafricaaaaaa!"

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
I was listening to This Year's Model, then found out Elvis Costello has really bad cancer.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
The new remasters of GnR Appetite For Destruction that just came out. Sounds great