The Windows Feedback Program : i.e. - Microsoft Giving Away Vista Ultimate

Will you participate in the Windows Feedback Program?

• Total voters

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
Okay...

Original story from /.

Microsoft Giving Away Vista Ultimate, With a Catch

Opinari (on /.) said:
"In case you haven't heard, Microsoft is giving away copies of Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit or 64-bit DVD), Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007, Microsoft Money Plus Premium, Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008, or Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008 — you can choose any one. The caveat is that you have to let them monitor your use of the program."
----

The Microsoft page...

The Windows Feedback Program

Microsoft said:
We are committed to making the Windows experience better for you. A lot of our efforts focus on engaging with customers in focus groups, surveys, usability studies, and visits to customers' homes and workplaces. The Windows Feedback Program allows you to connect directly with the Windows product team using your computer. When you submit input to us, it directly influences future Microsoft products.

By participating in the program, you can help us focus our work on the features that you use most often, tell us where to simplify our software when it is too difficult, and suggest new capabilities that improve your experience. The program includes two parts: a survey feedback program and an automated feedback program.

If you've already decided you want to participate, you can enroll in the Program. This will step you through the Agreement for joining the Windows Feedback Program. After that, you will enter your personal information and answer some questions that will help us to better understand how you use your computer and what your interests are. If you choose to participate in the survey program, you will periodically be invited to take a survey. If you prefer to give us feedback in the form of data that is automatically collected on your computer and uploaded to our servers, all you need to do is opt in to our automated feedback program and download and install our software. It takes less than 2 minutes on a 56K modem, and we'll automatically receive your feedback. Of course, we'd be thrilled if you would choose to participate in both parts of the program! Please let your friends and family members know about the program, as well.

You can use this website to sign up for one or both parts of the program, but note the following restrictions:

* Participation is currently limited to US residents of 18 years and older.
* You are the owner of the computer you use for this program.
* The automated feedback program is offered to Windows Vista and Windows XP customers only.
* The survey feedback program applies to all versions of Windows.
* Microsoft, comScore, and MarketTools employees are not eligible to participate.

Getting Started

First, find out more about the available options when joining the Windows Feedback Program. This will let you know what's involved in participating in the survey or automated feedback programs so you can decide if both are right for you.
----

I use Ubuntu and Mac OSX, so I am not going to participate in this (unless it's on my work laptop). My work uses all Windows based software for our admin programs, but we all run XP at this point... I think we even have one laptop running W2K still, but anyway...

Is anyone here going to participate in this?

If so, why or why not...

----

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
I might, I'm always having ideas where software can be better. I've done this for Adobe and got some of money out of it.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Hey. Sounds good to me. Apart from the filth I'm directed to courtesy of my brother and the good folks on this site, I don't have anything going on deserving of secrecy. It'd be great to have some level of input on the programs I use too.

BTW, how much money did you get from Adobe, martianvirus?

martianvirus

READY THE ANALPROBES!!!!!!!!
Nov 20, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Hey. Sounds good to me. Apart from the filth I'm directed to courtesy of my brother and the good folks on this site, I don't have anything going on deserving of secrecy. It'd be great to have some level of input on the programs I use too.
That's what I like about these programs, I've sugusted ideas that have ended up in some of Adobe's Video Editing programs. In the end, it makes me like the company even more. Not sure if I've said this, but I LOVE ADOBE!:)

sil3nt8o8

Apr 4, 2006
Rapture
wait a second, they charge for software? never heard of it.

Blue Heeler

Uber Listener / Asshole
Aug 24, 2007
KY
Thanks for the info, I'll probably go for the Office Ultimate....

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
only open to US residents, fuck MS

hybriddriver

she is ice cream
Feb 20, 2006
PA
i got in before they took it down. i picked vista. the spyware is sitting on virtual machine doing nothing.
I got in yesterday morning. I can't wait to put Vista on my MBP and forget I have it.