The Wire- Season 5... Bet That

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Just watched the Season 5 premiere On Demand. Great episode as expected. Really sets the stage nicely for the final season.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
It's 'available' for download if you know where to look (here's a hint: "Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr")

AWESOME season opener.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Normally I'm not a proponent of this practice but I need my fix dammit. Plus, not sure when I'm finally going to pony up the additional money for HBO.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Pretty enjoyable.

I have a question about one of the newer cast members. Probably not necessary but I will spoilerize it anyway.
who plays the sun reporter who wants to go the post or times? i would just find it out online but I don't want to run the risk of seeing any plot spoilers. I also didn't watch the intro since I don't want to see any of that either.

supers4972

Sep 1, 2002
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt. I love this show

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Pretty enjoyable.

I have a question about one of the newer cast members. Probably not necessary but I will spoilerize it anyway.
who plays the sun reporter who wants to go the post or times? i would just find it out online but I don't want to run the risk of seeing any plot spoilers. I also didn't watch the intro since I don't want to see any of that either.

Tom McCarthy plays reporter Scott Templeton.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Tom McCarthy plays reporter Scott Templeton.
Thank you. I thought I had saw a Mc when I looked up during the intro. Fucker was in Meet the Parents. That's where I know him from.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Just one of the in-law types.

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
Anyone who has seen Episode 2, a question:

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

Why does the FBI chief guy decide not to help out the Baltimore guys with the 22 dead bodies case?

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I think this season reveals the inspiration behind the McNulty character. Ed Burns was always insistent that its not based on him. And I always took that to mean that Jimmy the character, his personal life isnt based on him, but maybe as a detective it was.

But I think its pretty obvious that David Simon is a shit stirrer as a journalist, and Jimmy going against the grain so aggressively is based on his personality. Its no surprise the Baltimore Sun didnt give this season a good write up, the show is about to shit all over the Sun, and the media (which thrills me and everyone else as well). The AP also wrote up an article interviewing people at the Sun about David Simon and according to them, hes definitely got that McNulty personality, and still makes his voice heard at the Sun with letters about their BS

Great first episode. theres alot of subtle humor in the newsroom. The black guy Clark Johnson was great in Homicide.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Yea, the first episode was great. Im going to watch it again tonight after Gladiators.

I especially liked Chris going to the courthouse to look up info on Sergei. That was definitely an interesting surprise. Cant wait to see how that unfolds.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
Why does the FBI chief guy decide not to help out the Baltimore guys with the 22 dead bodies case?
he wants to take the Clay Davis case for federal prosecution, in return for help with Baltimore crime. also for political reasons

click

Jan 5, 2005
N. Jersey
Loved the first episode. the newspaper angle seemed weird at first, but it's getting pretty interesting.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
the second episode looks amazing

I love how Clark Johnson's character is going to shit all over the media, point out its absurdities

Steam

May 18, 2003
the second episode looks amazing

I love how Clark Johnson's character is going to shit all over the media, point out its absurdities
That subplot could be interesting.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
Speaking of which, I love how the reporter and McNulty had similar lines :
'
'I wonder what its like to work for a real newspaper ?'

'I wonder what its like to work for a real police department ?'

Steam

May 18, 2003
its the whole season pretty much. atleast in theme
I know. I call it a subplot because there will still be other stuff going on, but I'm an ass.

Will be interesting to see where they go with it. Still not sure how I feel about this being the main theme of the final season. I'd hope for some sort of closure on the detectives in some way. Obviously, it won't be wrapped up in a pretty little bow but I'd like something.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I know. I call it a subplot because there will still be other stuff going on, but I'm an ass.

Will be interesting to see where they go with it. Still not sure how I feel about this being the main theme of the final season. I'd hope for some sort of closure on the detectives in some way. Obviously, it won't be wrapped up in a pretty little bow but I'd like something.
nah Im being larry literal.

everyone with the show says all the storylines are pretty much wrapped up. I think the media angle is the final season because they want to show why nothing ever changes. I guess its about the overall dishonesty in our political and social discourse

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
Jul 1, 2005
Corona, CA
Ok, loved the first episode, and I am going to enjoy the shit out of all the media stuff (the higher-up subtly telling them to hold off on the story about blacks at the college because he had lunch with the dean was great), but someone must enlighten me on what happened to Snoop and Chris at the end of last season, I thought they had gotten in some kind of trouble, but obviously the case isn't solved yet.