The wonderful 'I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry'

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Here's the ZANY poster the boys were referring to this morning:

Anyone coughing up 10 bucks for this?

Happy Madison's best movie in years is the one that Sandler had nothing to do with, Grandmas Boy.
Billy Madison will always be his best that he starred in.

Happy Madison's best movie in years is the one that Sandler had nothing to do with, Grandmas Boy.
double true, but going overboard always bakes my cake. Schecky Moskowitz

what a dick

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Grandma's Boy is rather funny. The hot karaoke scene is great.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
If the entire movie was just Jessica Biel wearing barely anything I would definitely go see this.

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
It doesn't look as bad as the boys say it looks. They seem to be picking on this movie for no apparent reason. Maybe one of the stars of the movie blew them off. There are plenty of worse looking movies out there. A lot of the "bad" reviews seem to only mention how it is really offensive, they don't necessarily say it isn't funny to people who find this type of humor funny. It's like if they didn't know Jim Norton and believed all of the reviews about "Lucky Louie". But, in the end, it may just be a shitty movie not worth defending.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
If the entire movie was just Jessica Biel wearing barely anything I would definitely go see this.
And glasses. She also wears glasses. And sexy conservativey wear.

It just looks lame and hacky. I know they are attacking it because of the poster/promo/reviews but it just seems bad. And I generally defend Adam Sandler. But why is he chewing gum in every friggin scene?

The big problem is Opie saying "The next Adam Sandler bomb." Oh Opster, Opster, Opster, you're really not getting the right definition of bomb.

BusyChild04

I gotta return some video tapes.

Yes sir. Grandma's boy was a good flick. And Billy Madison is classic.

LiddyRules

I am shocked by how many people liked that POS Grandma's Boy.

The next Happy Gilmore movie is going to have Anna Faris, Katharine McPhee, Sarah Mason, the daughter in 40 Year Old Virgin and Dylan Baker's daughter from Drive so at the very least it'll be very spank-worthy.

There are plenty of worse looking movies out there.
Name three. And "Who's Your Caddy?" doesn't count since that's not a real movie.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
It doesn't look as bad as the boys say it looks. They seem to be picking on this movie for no apparent reason.
No, it looks like a piece of shit with nothing but predictable gay jokes.

Joe Avezzano

Name three. And "Who's Your Caddy?" doesn't count since that's not a real movie.
You're right; I only see two worse ones on the boxofficemojo.com chart: "You Kill Me" and "License to Wed" (Holy shit is Robin Williams is an overrated douche.)

Tryaluckystrike

And glasses. She also wears glasses. And sexy conservativey wear.

It just looks lame and hacky. I know they are attacking it because of the poster/promo/reviews but it just seems bad. And I generally defend Adam Sandler. But why is he chewing gum in every friggin scene?

The big problem is Opie saying "The next Adam Sandler bomb." Oh Opster, Opster, Opster, you're really not getting the right definition of bomb.
His last several movies, all feeble attempts to show he can do drama (HA), were bombs. Plus, I think Opie's still bitter about paying to see Click which was too depressing to be considered a comedy.

Was very glad to see the 9/11 movie didn't even create a buzz outside of the trailer. Sandler's good at talking in a baby voice and making wacky faces. Drama isn't for him.

LiddyRules

His last several movies, all feeble attempts to show he can do drama (HA), were bombs. Plus, I think Opie's still bitter about paying to see Click which was too depressing to be considered a comedy.

Was very glad to see the 9/11 movie didn't even create a buzz outside of the trailer. Sandler's good at talking in a baby voice and making wacky faces. Drama isn't for him.
oh, the dramas. I actually heard great things from several people about him in Reign Over Me. And some people consider Punchdrunk Love a drama though I consider it a comedy and it was amazing. And the only other drama he made was Spanglish.

As for comedies...
Click (2006)- 137 million
Longest Yard (2005)- 158 million
50 First Dates (2004)- 120 million
Anger Management (2003)- 135 million
Mr. Deeds (2002)- 126 million

So for Opie to ask how he keeps making movies? I think it's pretty obvious. That's an Amazing Track record

Plunkies

The amount of money a movie makes doesn't change the quality of the movie itself.

LiddyRules

The amount of money a movie makes doesn't change the quality of the movie itself.
I'm the first to admit that but generally the term "bomb" usually applies to whether a film makes money or not, especially when the argument is why they still let him make movies. Hollywood cares far more about box office than the rotten tomatoes score

Plunkies

I'm the first to admit that but generally the term "bomb" usually applies to whether a film makes money or not, especially when the argument is why they still let him make movies. Hollywood cares far more about box office than the rotten tomatoes score
Are you seriously arguing semantics so you can have one more part of O&A to bitch about? :icon_roll

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
near douche-chill moment today - when O and A may have been busting on Spanglish....and hour before, James L. Brooks (who directed it) was in studio.

LiddyRules

Are you seriously arguing semantics so you can have one more part of O&A to bitch about? :icon_roll
I see you as arguing semantics to falsely accuse me of finding something new about the show to bitch about.

This wasn't a slam at the show. Disagreeing with something a host of the show says, it not bitching about the show.

Plunkies

I see you as arguing semantics to falsely accuse me of finding something new about the show to bitch about.

This wasn't a slam at the show. Disagreeing with something a host of the show says, it not bitching about the show.
My point is you can't even give him the benefit of the doubt that by "bomb" he meant it was just an unfunny piece of shit.

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
Exactly! And it won't be... :(

The worst part about the promos for this movie was during last Sunday's Mets game they had Kevin James and Adam Sandler in the announcer's booth with Gary Cohen, Ron Darling, and Keith Hernandez. Now Kevin James was cool with me since he's a Mets fan.

But then Adam Sandler is a Yankee fan, and as he's sitting there with a Mets shirt on, even his "stellar" acting ability couldn't convince everyone that he wasn't rooting for the Reds. Then they had his and James' commentary on the Mets, and he knew about 2 players on the entire team! What a disaster of a segment! Shill for your teenybopper audience somewhere else for your next movie, douche!

Jables2002

Breaking Down The 8th Wall
:arrrh:

And people like you are the reason for that.
I'm sorry, do you know me? So I laughed at the trailer. That doesn't mean I'm behind the massive Hollywood shit-storm. I like Kevin James and Adam Sandler most of the time, but trust me, I'll watch a great artsy-fartsy foreign movie with sub-titles before I watch most of the "main-stream" movies that come out of Hollywood. Everyone I know hates me because when they want to rent a movie or go to a theater I'm a stubborn picky ass-hole.

I'm still not gonna go see Chuck and Larry in theaters, but I may end up getting it the same way Anthony gets his movies. I'm just not gonna bash it until I see it. But then again, I don't have a 6 hour radio show to fill.

Top Bottom