The Wrestlemania Is Here Thread For April

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Will M29 break records?
Will the predicted Rock, Taker, HHH all win?
Will the US & Diva belts be defended?
Will the HoF be newsworthy?
Will we see new superstars from NXT be brough up?
Will the McMahons use the HHH/Brock match to get themselves over?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I don't expect too much action tonight. They want everyone healthy for Mania

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Yeah, 'Mania go-home shows are talk talk talk. This is the promo night. Brock/Trips and Rock/Cena could easily get half an hour a piece.

Just was talking about this over breakfast. The Golddust/Cody Rhodes thing was teased for a while and at the Rumble it seemed like people were really hot for it. In a 4 hour program, I'd think there would have been ample time and opportunity to finally have this really obvious match and give it a good chunk of time at a major PPV. As a story it would have delivered, plus Cody Rhodes and Goldust have always been pretty sharp workers. I mean, why not give something like this 12 minutes or so? You got 4 hours to kill!

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Yeah, 'Mania go-home shows are talk talk talk. This is the promo night. Brock/Trips and Rock/Cena could easily get half an hour a piece.

Just was talking about this over breakfast. The Golddust/Cody Rhodes thing was teased for a while and at the Rumble it seemed like people were really hot for it. In a 4 hour program, I'd think there would have been ample time and opportunity to finally have this really obvious match and give it a good chunk of time at a major PPV. As a story it would have delivered, plus Cody Rhodes and Goldust have always been pretty sharp workers. I mean, why not give something like this 12 minutes or so? You got 4 hours to kill!
They were headed there but Vince changed his mind on Rhodes Scholars
I am glad bec they are fucking great
I still cannot believe the TT division is what it is with 6 fucking good to great teams

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
We're really limping to the end of the Road to WrestleMania this year.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Show gonna be an Erock bit?

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
How are we 6 days away and I can't even tell you what the 10 match card is and I'm an obsessive RAW viewer, plus I catch NXT and Smackdown typically? How?

30+ hours of viewing and I can't you the 10 match card. Preposterous.

I refuse to accept that
A, a 4 hour show should be an 8 or 9 match card
B that a 60 dollar PPV with 7 weeks build time from one PPV to the next should have "surprise matches"
C That they can't book and tell 10 interesting stories at their biggest, 4 hour PPV
D That I cannot tell you what will happen in 6 principle title matches, or if they will even make the card

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Be a good night to get guys who won't be at Mania some ring time. Zack Ryder, Santino, etc.
Pretty sure Santino is still injured
I think we will see a lot of the undercard people wrestle, but not the main guys tonight
also they have no Diva match (AJ & Kaitlyn) or US (Cesaro vs Truth)
Weird they have nothing with Kofi or Prime Time - maybe they will do a pre-show battle royal - maybe that gets set up tonight

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
How are we 6 days away and I can't even tell you what the 10 match card is and I'm an obsessive RAW viewer, plus I catch NXT and Smackdown typically? How?

30+ hours of viewing and I can't you the 10 match card. Preposterous.

I refuse to accept that
A, a 4 hour show should be an 8 or 9 match card
B that a 60 dollar PPV with 7 weeks build time from one PPV to the next should have "surprise matches"
C That they can't book and tell 10 interesting stories at their biggest, 4 hour PPV
D That I cannot tell you what will happen in 6 principle title matches, or if they will even make the card
Let's get a professional opinion of this situation. Mr. Cornette, what are your thoughts on this year's WrestleMania?

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Let's get a professional opinion of this situation. Mr. Cornette, what are your thoughts on this year's WrestleMania?
I think you are being hard on it
Its a good show IMO & might wind up the biggest
I just hope the booking is good
I got a feeling we will have too much "McMahon" in the Brock match. With all the media in NY, I cannot imagine Vince passing up on the opportunity to make the UFC's biggest draw look inferior to his family
I am also worried about The Shield since their main writer was fired

A good side-effect to Swagger/ADR cooling off is Ziggler might cash in. if he loses the tag match early, I would up the odds

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I think you are being hard on it
How so? Even if the show is good, the build-up has been a disaster and buys are typically influenced by the build-up. Obviously, it's a little different with WrestleMania (just because it's WrestleMania) and I'm sure the show will make tons of bank, but it doesn't really deserve to. I've never wanted WrestleMania to just be over with so badly before.
I am also worried about The Shield since their main writer was fired
The idea of the Shield being leveled by the vapid, dead-eyed fury of Hurricane Douche Nozzle has me on edge.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
How so? Even if the show is good, the build-up has been a disaster and buys are typically influenced by the build-up. Obviously, it's a little different with WrestleMania (just because it's WrestleMania) and I'm sure the show will make tons of bank, but it doesn't really deserve to. I've never wanted WrestleMania to just be over with so badly before.

The idea of the Shield being leveled by the vapid, dead-eyed fury of Hurricane Douche Nozzle has me on edge.
I actually think the undercard had decent build

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship - I like this more than most
Ryback vs. Mark Henry - perfect match for them. I hope Henry gets a massive pop
The Shield vs. Big Show, Randy Orton and Sheamus - Looking forward to it
Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship - I like both guys & think they will be a huge surprise
Chris Jericho vs. Fandango - I am curious if Fandy delivers
Brodus Clay, Tensai and the Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and the Bella Twins - I love RS & Bella's
Team Hell No (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston for the WWE Tag Team Championship - this is the one lacking IMO

Even though I have some booking issues with the Big 3 matches, I will enjoy seeing Brock, Punk & taker on the big stage & I still like Hunter.
Cena vs Rock will be a spectacle

I am looking forward more than last 2 years

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
UCJOE, Neckbeard, DonTheTrucker

I was just watching an episode of Are You Serious? where they played and made fun of some of co-host Josh Matthews' Tough Enough footage when it struck me that despite only making runner-up, Josh ultimately outlasted everyone else on that show. I think the Miz is the only other Tough Enough cast member that's left in WWE.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
I actually think the undercard had decent build

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Jack Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship - I like this more than most
Ryback vs. Mark Henry - perfect match for them. I hope Henry gets a massive pop
The Shield vs. Big Show, Randy Orton and Sheamus - Looking forward to it
Wade Barrett (c) vs. The Miz for the Intercontinental Championship - I like both guys & think they will be a huge surprise
Chris Jericho vs. Fandango - I am curious if Fandy delivers
Brodus Clay, Tensai and the Funkadactyls vs. Team Rhodes Scholars and the Bella Twins - I love RS & Bella's
Team Hell No (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler and Big E. Langston for the WWE Tag Team Championship - this is the one lacking IMO

Even though I have some booking issues with the Big 3 matches, I will enjoy seeing Brock, Punk & taker on the big stage & I still like Hunter.
Cena vs Rock will be a spectacle

I am looking forward more than last 2 years
Okay, from what you said
ADR/Swagger=Best built match on the card, both guys can work
Ryback/Henry=Gonna be Charles Barkley TURRRRBLE. Did it a few times on house shows and it has been panned by fans and dirt sheets.
Shield Match=Hasn't been a bad one yet. Bunch of good seasoned vets in their 30s, should be solid. Still think they should be singles wrestling by now
and should win some gold at 'Mania but whatever.
Jericho/Fandango=Dependent on the time. Fandango/Curtis is alright and Jericho is Jericho
The Intergender Tag Mania Payday Match: Necessary evil, nobody cares about this. I don't even consider this to be a "match."
Hell No with Ziggler and Big E, for the belt. NIGGA WUT?! That makes no sense and you know it.
Barrett/Miz for the IC Belt: These guys are just simply not athletic and psychological enough to have a good match with one another. The matches with them fighting each other
singly are lacking. Zero flow or chemistry here. I feel very opposite to UCJOE. This could fumigate the place.

None of that feels too terribly Wrestlemania. All of that could make a Smackdown or a RAW.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Shield Match=Hasn't been a bad one yet. Bunch of good seasoned vets in their 30s, should be solid. Still think they should be singles wrestling by now
and should win some gold at 'Mania but whatever.
Now would be a REALLY bad time for the Shield or anyone else to win undercard gold.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
UCJOE, Neckbeard, DonTheTrucker

I was just watching an episode of Are You Serious? where they played and made fun of some of co-host Josh Matthews' Tough Enough footage when it struck me that despite only making runner-up, Josh ultimately outlasted everyone else on that show. I think the Miz is the only other Tough Enough cast member that's left in WWE.
I didn't even know Josh was a wrestler.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I didn't even know Josh was a wrestler.
He made a few angle-specific wrestling appearances on SmackDown! back in 2002-2003, but other than that, his role has been as just an announcer/commentator. I really enjoyed him and Road Dogg on Are You Serious?.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Hogan shockingly puts over HHH

Biff Hardslab

I have the t-shirt
Jan 15, 2007
No love for Cena in D.C.

Booooorrrrrinnnggg! Ha.