The WWE June Thread: No Way Out & Will Brock Be Around?

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Looking to be a non-eventful month for WWE
A PPV that isn't a priority & RAW will be hyped in July for the 1000th episode & the 3 hr format

Hopefully we can see WWE righting some wrongs this month & go into the July changes strong

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'm thinking Brock will be back after the July PPV to build up for Summerslam with HHH.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I'm thinking Brock will be back after the July PPV to build up for Summerslam with HHH.
He should be there for the 1000th RAW & first 3hr one

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
He should be there for the 1000th RAW & first 3hr one
That sounds about right.

What do I want to see in the next month? Dolph Ziggler splitting from Vickie and Biff Tannen. It's about time he got his push.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
That sounds about right.

What do I want to see in the next month? Dolph Ziggler splitting from Vickie and Biff Tannen. It's about time he got his push.
Vince doesn't see him as a "star", his push will be minimal at best. He is basically a jobber these days & a shame bec he can be a main eventer

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Vince doesn't see him as a "star", his push will be minimal at best. He is basically a jobber these days & a shame bec he can be a main eventer
People said the same thing about Punk and Daniel Bryan. Vince is still somewhat stuck in the big man mentality, but it's not absolute. Even in the 1980s, smaller guys who had talent managed to get over. Aside from Ryback and Funkasaurus, most of the newer guys are smaller. The good ones will have their day. Sure, they will probably have to work harder, but that just makes them better.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
People said the same thing about Punk and Daniel Bryan. Vince is still somewhat stuck in the big man mentality, but it's not absolute. Even in the 1980s, smaller guys who had talent managed to get over. Aside from Ryback and Funkasaurus, most of the newer guys are smaller. The good ones will have their day. Sure, they will probably have to work harder, but that just makes them better.
Punk & Brian got over on their own & Vince actually did like them both & always thought Punk was an upper-carder.
He doesn't see Ziggler that way & he didn't like his match with Punk at RR
Ziggler needs a complete overhaul & new name etc, he is too damaged now & its a shame

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
What makes you think Ziggler can't do that with some time? The guy bumps like Flair. Don't think Vince doesn't see that.
Because he hasn't come close already
They need to repackage him in some way & maybe time off & come back or something to change his character up a bit
Also Punk & Bryan were doing basically the same thing that always got them over in ROH & the indy's
Dolph doesn't have that history

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
double post

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
They need to repackage him in some way
I think this is a given. I don't know how well a name change will work. They could completely change his character, and he could still get over with that horrible name.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
That sounds about right.

Timing might be right (looking at RAW recap) but these "I'm a loser" type storyline never work out good - maybe this will

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Dolph needs to return to his Spirit Squad roots to make sure he reaches main event status.

I thought that gimmick (as a team) had so much potential but ONLY if they let them go in the ring
If ytjey were allowed to be less geeky in the ring & win matches but still have the OTT gimmick it would have been great & very ECW like

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Dolph might replace Jericho as Orton's NWO opponent
I hope its the beginning of something good

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Timing might be right (looking at RAW recap) but these "I'm a loser" type storyline never work out good - maybe this will
It's not going to work out well for Swagger, that's for sure. He's going to get buried here.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Meltzer/Alvarez
-- It's looking like Dolph Ziggler is being built up for a PPV match with Randy Orton, since Orton vs. Jericho was originally scheduled for No Way Out.
Hopefully this won't be like his last "build" when he went against Punk at RR & then jobbed for 5 months

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Ziggler lost on SD to Sheamus due to Swagger interference backfiring
That seems to point to Ziggler vs Swagger instead of a build to Punk
If they do move him to Punk at NWO then SD makes no sense to put the heat bet Ziggler & Swagger
But ......................
lol

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
CM's newest tee

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Ziggler lost on SD to Sheamus due to Swagger interference backfiring
That seems to point to Ziggler vs Swagger instead of a build to Punk
If they do move him to Punk at NWO then SD makes no sense to put the heat bet Ziggler & Swagger
But ......................
lol
So wait, you're saying that the "experts" are now saying Punk/Ziggler for this month's PPV? That would at least make Kane/Bryan make sense.

1. I'm pretty sure Punk doesn't have any Ed Hardy tatoos and would despise people who wear Ed Hardy shirts.
2. Why can't they just make a shirt that says "I dig crazy chicks" without the obvious WWE branding? It's one of the things that pisses me off about WWE shirts to no end. They ruin a great all purpose shirt by putting a wrestler name or a WWE logo on it.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
So wait, you're saying that the "experts" are now saying Punk/Ziggler for this month's PPV? That would at least make Kane/Bryan make sense.
I meant Orton
Punk was a mistake - I was thinking of his last "push"