The XFL announces its 8 launch cities.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

With the state of the NFL, I wonder if this will get any traction this time.

BIV

I, too, sincerely doubt it. But if it WAS going to work, now would be the time.

Who woulda thunk arena football would have lasted?

LiddyRules

I Think I'll Eat An Apple
I, too, sincerely doubt it. But if it WAS going to work, now would be the time.

Who woulda thunk arena football would have lasted?
Why now? What makes now any different from then? I know Niffle has lost a bunch of its popularity but is it because it's not fulfilling people's football needs and this will?

And needless to say, summary execution for anyone who refuses to stand for the National Anthem. That'll get the audience.

BIV

Why now? What makes now any different from then? I know Niffle has lost a bunch of its popularity but is it because it's not fulfilling people's football needs and this will?

And needless to say, summary execution for anyone who refuses to stand for the National Anthem. That'll get the audience.
NFL viewership is way down. Yeah, the politics are part of it, but a bigger part is how they have fucked with the rules in the last five or so years. It's a Nerf version of itself. Rules are either confusing or are impossible for players to follow consistently.

It's not a big window of opportunity, but it's the biggest they are going to get.

And they don't need to convert viewers to be successful, just give an entertaining alternative.

And, frankly, a "pro" prep league wouldn't be the worst thing for the NFL, either.

Voodoo Ben

The African Dream
Hopefully they will distance the XFL from the WWE this time.

That hurt it the first time around.

I'm more interested in the Alliance of American football league that will start in february next year. They already tried the XFL and it failed and that was during a time when the NFL wasn't hot. Why would the XFL work now?

The AOAFL already has a tv-deal with CBS. XFL will be the third football league and will be lucky to get on Hulu or Paramount network..

Bobobie

Will Opie and Anthony patch things up to resume their announcing Gig? The could always hire "He Hate Me" since he's obviously retired from his lucrative football career.

Stig

A Bigly Bad Hombre.
Fail. Complete and utter fail. At least Spalding will make some money off of this. And maybe it'll keep Vince away from RAW for a while.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
I'm not very optimistic the XFL Part 2 is going to work

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Can we use this thread to talk about the AAF as well? I never heard of it, but it’s on my TV right now.