The "young people" start really young in Philly

Buds Spuckley

Mar 17, 2008
PHILADELPHIA (CBS) — An Eyewitness News exclusive — a violent home invasion has Philadelphia police hunting for some preteen suspects.

Authorities say they beat a 51-year-old woman with some unusual items, including a plunger.

Police say it happened around 3:30 p.m. on Monday in the 1200 block of Luzerne Street.

Authorities say a family friend found the victim in the backyard, on her knees, crying and begging for her life to be spared.

When police arrived, they found her room ransacked, cabinets emptied and the victim, an Asian female with mental disabilities, beaten and robbed.

“They hit her in the face with a rock, they used rope and also sticks and a potted plant,” Lt. John O’Hanlon explained.

Police say the three suspects, described by the victim as black juveniles, ran away with the victim’s purse. Police were eventually able to identify the suspects as 7, 10 and 12-year-old boys.

“It’s amazing that these kids so young can be so violent,” Lt. O’Hanlon added.

MORE PHOTOS: The Many Faces Of The Olympics & Pregnant Celebrities Through The Years

We talked to the victim’s family friend who asked that we don’t identify her. “They just followed her. She just got back from doing laundry. When she got home, they beat her and threw stuff into the house.”

The victim was rushed to Temple University Hospital to be treated for cuts and bruises to her face and knees.

The family friend added, “They kept asking for money and they took her purse with some important paper in there.”

Neighbor Edward Pastoriza said, “It doesn’t surprise me. A lot of these kids, they hang around with older kids and they learn how to do things like this.”

It turns out, the 10-year-old suspect was a neighbor of the victim. He was arrested almost immediately.

The victim’s family friend explained, “The parents came to apologize and after they saw what happened, they said to call the police.”

Lt. O’Hanlon added, “The mother knew something was wrong when she saw the police and she basically came outside and said, ‘Here he is.’”

As of late Monday, police say they believe they have identified the remaining two suspects as 7 and 12-year-old boys. Police expect to arrest them shortly and charge the 10 and 12-year-olds with Home Invasion Robbery and related offenses.

By law, we are told, the 7-year-old is too young to be charged with a crime.

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
Charge the 7-year-old's parents then. This is a fucking disgrace.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I know this is not really related. The lack of parenting some of the kids I take to Psych hospitals have is crazy...Kids get sent because they had a tantrum and mom felt she was not safe. It is soo bad we have two different classifications: B.ad P.arenting D.isease, and G.ov'ment I.s M.y B.abysitter S.yndrome.
The former think that it is the government's job to babysit their kids. The latter use the 911 and the psych system to take care of their kids when they are sick of them. Both get money from the system because they their kids diagnosed as mentally unstable and disabled. Fucking want to punch some parents sometimes.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
As of late Monday, police say they believe they have identified the remaining two suspects as 7 and 12-year-old boys. Police expect to arrest them shortly and charge the 10 and 12-year-olds with Home Invasion Robbery and related offenses.

By law, we are told, the 7-year-old is too young to be charged with a crime.

How is that possible? So if you want to rob someone send your child who is not old enough to be charged to do it. If they succeed then you get what they stole if not then the kid cant be charged anyway, just great. Tell me this wont send the wrong message to some parents. I agree Dana charge the parents

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Three young persons under the age of 14 went on a mini car jacking spree last week in Omaha, complete with a loaded handgun. The locals rounded them up. A buddy of mine who is a detective said they were arrogant about what they had done. The ringleader kept saying "I be out dis bitch in an hour". Of course they were the offspring of welfare sows.

It never ceases to amaze me how a solid hardworking black, white or latino family can raise good kids, despite the fact that they are working long hours. But welfare kids, whose parent(s) don't work can't be bothered to raise their children properly. You sit on your cheetoh eating ass all day, maybe you should at least know where the fuck your kids are and what they are up to.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Its real simple. Philly has had three black mayors in a row.

From the worst of the three, John F. Street:

LET ME TELL YOU: The brothers and sisters are running the city. Oh, yes. The brothers and sisters are running this city. Running it! Don't you let nobody fool you; we are in charge of the City of Brotherly Love. We are in charge! We are in charge!"
The prosecution rests.

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
It never ceases to amaze me how a solid hardworking black, white or latino family can raise good kids, despite the fact that they are working long hours. But welfare kids, whose parent(s) don't work can't be bothered to raise their children properly. You sit on your cheetoh eating ass all day, maybe you should at least know where the fuck your kids are and what they are up to.
People that often make shitty life choices end up on welfare. People who make shitty life choices also end up making horrible parenting decisions.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
People that often make shitty life choices end up on welfare. People who make shitty life choices also end up making horrible parenting decisions.
Yeah, that's a lot of it. I think a lot of it also comes down to one word: laziness. Raising a kid is hard. It's hard work. It's constant, unremitting labor. For people who are already on the welfare teat because they don't want to work, the work of raising a kid properly isn't on their "to do" list. I'm not saying everyone on welfare is lazy: I'm saying those on welfare out of laziness also make really shitty parents.