The Zer⌀ The⌀rem- New Terry Gilliam M⌀vie- 2Ø14

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-...iams-director-statement-for-the-zero-theorem/

Quote from Gilliam

When I made Brazil in 1984, I was trying to paint a picture of the world I thought we were living in then. The Zero Theorem is a glimpse of the world I think we are living in now. Pat Rushin’s script intrigued me with the many existential ideas he had incorporated into his funny, philosophic, and touching tale. For example: What gives meaning to our lives, brings us happiness? Can we ever be alone in our increasingly connected and constricted world? Is that world under control or simply chaotic? We’ve tried to make a film that is honest, funny, beautiful, and surprising; a simple film about a complex modern man waiting for a call to give meaning to his life; about inescapable relationships and the longing for love, full of quirky characters and sparkling performances; raising questions without offering obvious answers. Hopefully, it’s unlike any film you have seen recently; no zombies, no caped crusaders or alien spacecraft. Actually, I might have lied about that last item. Having not worked with a budget this small for several decades, I was forced to work fast and instinctively, pressured only by time and money. We relied on the freedom to spin on a dime, to make outrageous creative leaps. The results surprised even me. I’m proud to have been part of The Zero Theorem.
Obviously I won't be able to better formulate my thoughts until we get a trailer, but Inside Llewyn Davis might be pushed aside.

EDIT:

Here's the plot according to IMDB

A computer hacker's goal to discover the reason for human existence continually finds his work interrupted thanks to the Management; this time, they send a teenager and lusty love interest to distract him.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
God dammit I love Terry Gilliam. That got me all excited. His stuff feels so... tactile.
Not just tactile. But fucked up tactile in a very human way. Like the Minority Report-style advertisement trying to follow him, but he's blocked by the street sweeper so it doesn't know what to do.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
Looks wonderful. Terry Gilliam rarely disappoints.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
The outside stuff in the city reminds me of Transmetropolitan

HandPanzer

O Tempora O Mores!
May 30, 2013
Anyone see this? I'm thinking about checking it out later tonight.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Opens Limited, this weekend.

DrewDown

All are welcome
May 3, 2010
Ohio
I'm confused. Wasn't this released already?

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
This is one of those rare movies that I wish was longer. There was a lot of interesting concepts and side characters that you could tell were explored more in some earlier cut of the film. Visually fascinating and Gilliam always impresses, but it felt rushed and cliff notes-y.