Them!

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Sep 27, 2006
yep, sounds like a prequel of the film. In the movie the aliens have already basically taken over, this sounds like the first "cell" that came over

I wonder if roddy pipper will be in the series

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
Damn, two They Live mentions on the board in one day.

"I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum"

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005

are ya?

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004

Not to be Ned Nitpicker, but I believe that quote comes from "Hell Comes to Frogtown".

And once again, I prove that Google is my friend. I'm sorry, Mikey, you're absolutely right.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Anyone know anything about this new show? I'm looking right at you, thekidslepthere. It's about Aliens that form a sleeper cell on earth. Sounds like a serious version of Third Rock from the Sun.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117953679.html?categoryid=14&cs=1
Did I really get called out there or is this one of those things that pumps who ever is looking its name in there.

I read this pilot like a year ago. I practically forgot about it. And I don't think I ever got a copy of the finished project. I did one quick look around and didn't see it, but I'll look again and check tomorrow at work to see if anyone has it, if it was released at all. If I get it I'll write up a little review.

I remember liking the script for the most part, but I kind of wished that they kept the secret that these "people" were aliens, let the viewer think they are just a sleeper cell. I think it was revealed in the first 5 pages, and it just felt way too soon.

It is like "3rd Rock" in some aspects, like their human disguises don't always look the role they are filling. I've only seen a couple of 3rd rock eps, so I can't really make any other comparisons past that.

These aliens are very military oriented, they are on a mission, they are building things, but the mystery is they don't know what they are working on, which I would assume is like a real terrorist cell to a degree. They are waiting for messages from the other aliens.

From what I remember in the pilot there is a murder live on TV during a news broadcast, one alien goes awol, and the others are looking for him. While trying to piece together what they are doing. There's a lot of struggle between the aliens themselves, like who is in charge of the cell after the one goes awol.

My biggest gripe, was that these aliens are becoming aware of emotions, and that is why the one went awol, he fell in love with a human, and that's a problem for them. The whole aliens in love might take away from the other cool aspects of their mission.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Did I really get called out there or is this one of those things that pumps who ever is looking its name in there.
Not intended to call you out, I just know from reading this forum a lot that you are a man in the know. :action-sm

Thanks for the info. The project excites me b/c it is being written by the guy who writes Battlestar.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Not intended to call you out, I just know from reading this forum a lot that you are a man in the know. :action-sm

Thanks for the info. The project excites me b/c it is being written by the guy who writes Battlestar.
It was nice to see someone asking for info. I work in the "industry" as they call it in LA. So yeah, if you ever have questions on a pilot or something like that just ask I can always look into it. Makes me feel important for once.

I don't know if I said it, but I was really excited about this script when it came out. I had some complaints about the script, things I would of done different, but overall it was good. But then I don't think I work with anyone involved with it, so it dropped off my radar. I'll try and get some updates on it tomorrow.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Hey I watched it late last night.

The look of it was great, when there was a fight scene between these aliens disguised as humans it was frantic, and when they were chasing each other it was at this hyperactive speed. These were easily the best parts of it.

The acting was OK, nothing spectacular, but not awful. They are supposed to be playing aliens, acting awkwardly not fitting in, so it's easy to confuse stiff acting with what they are trying to pull of.

To summarize, the aliens think they are here to help us, one alien goes rogue, he leaves the pack, they bring in "the enforcer" to hunt him down. The problem for these aliens, that are more of just energy in their native state, when they come down here in human form they wind up with addictions and emotions they are not supposed to have, one is addicted to pies, the rogue one is in love with a human, played by the pretty blond from "Dumb and Dumberer" (who was on a Fox cop show like two years ago).

So the Enforcer hunts down the rogue alien, they fight a bunch, the Enforcer also winds up falling in love with a female alien, she is the infiltrator, she gets closer to humans, knows more about us, she thinks the aliens are really angels in disguise, here to help the humans. The rogue alien winds up killing the infiltrator after she takes the enforcers virginity, so the enforcer is pissed. It's after this that the rogue tells the enforcer that the aliens aren't here to help, they're here to hurt us, there is a bigger plan going on that the head aliens are not telling them.

It was pretty good, the weakest subplot had to do with the aliens infiltrating an aeronautical tech lab, they slipped in a little robot, like something from GI Joe or Transformers cartoons to hack into the computers to figure out our satellite defense systems. For some reason aliens can teleport here, take human form, unless it's a kill shot to the head or heart their bodies repair themselves, but they just have to know what our defense system is like, something tells me it really wouldn't be that much of a problem for the aliens to handle.

It's a tough balance act for this show. It could wind up being great, but if they use these spy hacking techniques and other hacky cliches the show will not work. These aliens are supposed to be a superior being, they need to treat them like that. In the end I am looking forward to episode two when ever it airs.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Thanks for the info. Is Six from Battlestar in it? I also thought the blonde chick from the last season of Alias is in it.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Yeah the blond chick from Alias, was the girl from Dumb and Dumberer I was talking about, Rachel Nichols, really cute. She plays the earth girl that the alien who goes rogue falls for.

And yes Six from Battlestar is in it, she's the infiltrator alien who gets killed. She looks incredibly sexy in a couple of scenes. I don't know if she was signed as a series regular, I guess since they are aliens in these human shells, she might be able to come back. They could always just regenerate another version of her.

They say they can get killed from their human form, but I'm not sure if it says it destroys their alien self, which is more of just like a floating glowing ghost type apparition.