There are a lot of cheap deals on TV's this weekend.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
A 40 inch LCD for only $380 at Circuit City and some other sites for $350. Even Sam Roberts should be able to afford something like this. There is no longer any excuse to still be using a CRT or any TV under 40 inches.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
Links man, links!

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
You find deals like that everyday at Sam's Club. That's of course if you really want to call that a deal. You get what you pay for. there gonna have the refresh rate of a child with an etch a sketch and blacks as dark as the snow outside but hey you got a TV for cheap right?

Do use all a favor. If your going to try and convince people to replace their CRT TVs then at least direct them to some that are actually better then what they have now.

And why do you people even care so much about what other people have in their living room. Bunch a fucking adult children.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
You find deals like that everyday at Sam's Club. That's of course if you really want to call that a deal. You get what you pay for. there gonna have the refresh rate of a child with an etch a sketch and blacks as dark as the snow outside but hey you got a TV for cheap right?

Do use all a favor. If your going to try and convince people to replace their CRT TVs then at least direct them to some that are actually better then what they have now.

And why do you people even care so much about what other people have in their living room. Bunch a fucking adult children.
You never miss a chance to troll a thread, do ya?

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana

We care because you post in threads you don't care about.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
You never miss a chance to troll a thread, do ya?
Oh i'm sorry asshole, didn't mean to save some people from some bad advice. I'll shut up. You enjoy your shitty 60hz TVs.

If anyone is in the market for a proper TV at a reasonable price PM me and I'll send you a few suggestions. Also if your are in the market for a TV with horrible ghosting and bland color then seriously you can find shelves of them at Sam's Club.

We care because you post in threads you don't care about.
I post in here because I do care. If you buy a TV solely based on price you're gonna get a shitty piece of equipment. You don't have to by a top of the line 240hz $1000 TV but you're gonna get nothing but shit from a $300 one.

I probably care about the average poster here a lot more than any of you. I'd rather not see people I like buy inferior shit.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
60hz tv's aren't terrible, and frankly that's why they're that cheap. Simply put, you're right: you do, in fact, get what you pay for. That being the case, if you want a decent 32" banger that you can just toss in the spare room for $200-250, then this is ideal. If it's your watch every day, centerpiece of your multi-thousand dollar home entertainment center, then you're going to want a $1000+ TV with 240hz, perhaps 3D.

It's just that I've been noticing a lot of your posts lately, and you always seem to come out of the gate shitting on someone elses post. I call it like I see it. You seem to troll threads. I also know I'm not the first person to have called you out on it.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Called out for it? Hell, he's been banned for it.
Fine enjoy your shitty TVs that you have to buy every couple years. There not just cheap because of the spec...

Why should I care how you waste your money.... Oh hey look a $200 Honda, and my stupid as was gonna waste 20k on one. Man what a deal. I'm gonna love this thing!

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
Yep. Confirmed. I tried to give you your point while maintaining my own, and you call me stupid. You, sir, are a fucko and I won't be feeding the troll any longer.

BTW, 60hz TV's were just fine for years. Douche. May your next ban be a permanent one.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
BTW, 60hz TV's were just fine for years. Douche. May your next ban be a permanent one.
Yeah in early flat screens. Remember those? Actions is all blurry, sports are blurry, and if you game forget about it. 120hz is the new standard for a proper TV. 60hz is what you buy if you CANNOT afford anything better.

The reason I harp on the refresh rate is because that is really the simple most important different between budget and proper televisions. Most of the fancy stuff doesn't matter to the average consumer as it shouldn't but the refresh rate is what makes or breaks your viewing experience.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Anything more fast paced than The Walton's is going to have a noticeable motion blur on a 60 hz TV. And ban me for what? Trying to help people I like get the best product for their money?

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
Anything more fast paced than The Walton's is going to have a noticeable motion blur on a 60 hz TV. And ban me for what? Trying to help people I like get the best product for their money?
Did you ever consider that perhaps it's the WAY you try to help? You called the OP out as stupid because he suggested that there were good savings to be had on admittedly lower end TVs.

Big deal, it's not 120hz or better. I don't care for sports, so I don't watch that anyway. I have a 60hz tv sitting next to me now, and I've never noticed a motion blur. It suits my needs perfectly, which is to say a secondary TV that sits in my office and provides me with televised entertainment when I'm in the office.

Maybe if you said something along the lines of "yeah, those TV's are cheap & all, but for a few bucks more, you could easily catch a deal on a 120hz or better version with a much higher quality picture."

See what I did there? Made my point, didn't call a single person stupid.

Learn how to play nice and maybe you won't be thought of as a troll here.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Did you ever consider that perhaps it's the WAY you try to help?

Learn how to play nice and maybe you won't be thought of as a troll here.
So I'm an asshole, whats your point. In fact I only quoted the only two parts of your post I read. I get along just fine with the people I like here.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
So you get along with the other three trolls of wackbag. Check.

BTW, my point? Maybe the entire thing you claim to not have read, yet quoted the first line and the last line of.

Okay, I have your number now. You're "intentionally say snarky, shitty things to rile up the normal functioning members of the board" guy. Good for you. Have fun with that, and enjoy the rest of your limited stay here. You will most definitely piss off a mod here before too long, and go away like all the other assholes that just stir shit because they think they're clever or too cool for the room.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
So you get along with the other three trolls of wackbag. Check.

BTW, my point? Maybe the entire thing you claim to not have read, yet quoted the first line and the last line of.

Okay, I have your number now. You're "intentionally say snarky, shitty things to rile up the normal functioning members of the board" guy. Good for you. Have fun with that, and enjoy the rest of your limited stay here. You will most definitely piss off a mod here before too long, and go away like all the other assholes that just stir shit because they think they're clever or too cool for the room.
Why do you keep responding. I thought i was a troll and you weren't going to have any of it?

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
OccupyWackbag helped me and my special gal buy speakers.

[YT]19CvEO3Riy0[/YT]

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
Why do you keep responding. I thought i was a troll and you weren't going to have any of it?
I keep responding because I hope that somewhere in your tiny little head is a brain that functions beyond a nasty, 2nd grade schoolyard bully level. I guess that hope is really in vain, but who knows, perhaps you'll surprise us. Not likely, but stranger things have happened.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
I keep responding because I hope that somewhere in your tiny little head is a brain that functions beyond a nasty, 2nd grade schoolyard bully level. I guess that hope is really in vain, but who knows, perhaps you'll surprise us. Not likely, but stranger things have happened.
I'm done with you. I love how you think you know me though. That's cute.

Enjoy your shitty TV. I'm done trying to bring any credibility to this site full of technologically illiterate people. Maybe you and Ballbuster can get together and talk tape decks sometime.

BTW Ballbuster, you're a mechanic aren't you? It must be aggravating as hell dealing with people that know nothing about cars but try to act like they are the authority whenever something breaks.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
I'm done with you. I love how you think you know me though. That's cute.
Dude, we all know you. You've been here a hundred times before in a hundred different shitheads, and when you're gone, another one will step up to take your place. It's really sad that so many of you are out there.

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Dude, we all know you. You've been here a hundred times before in a hundred different shitheads, and when you're gone, another one will step up to take your place. It's really sad that so many of you are out there.
I love how you keep saying "we" I don't seem to be arguing with anyone else? Seems to be just you and me.

Were is this pose of people that hate me?

OccupyWackbag

Dec 12, 2011
Why are we even still arguing. I already conceded. Go ahead and direct people toward poor buying decisions. It's not my problem or my money. Believe it or not I really do like the majority of the people here so when people like you that know nothing about this subject try to fuck them, even inadvertently, it upsets me. I'll just still back quietly and shake my head.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
I love how you keep saying "we" I don't seem to be arguing with anyone else? Seems to be just you and me.
And edited because you're not worth it.

Oh yeah, one thing more: This wasn't even my thread. Someone else posted it, and I wanted to know where these TV's were. As I said: I own a 60hz tv, and while it won't win any JD Powers awards, it does the trick with regard to its primary purpose: To be a CHEAP TV that I don't mind dropping a few bucks on to have it available to me when I'm in my office.

Seriously, do you think I don't understand TV technology just because I don't mind a basic, cheap TV? Believe me, I know at least as much as you do. I've been a professional tech for my entire adult life, and even during my teen years I played around with tech.

The only reason I'm even coming after you at all is the fucko way you approached this thread. You came off like it seems you ALWAYS do, which is to say like a know it all blowhard. I don't really know you, nor particularly care about you, outside of this flare-up of annoyance.