there is never a time where i think

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I like burgers way better than steak.
Burgers and steaks are two entirely different entities. It's not like steak is a grown-up burger. But chicken nuggets are grown-up dinosaur-shaped chicken nuggets. Now JBR, maybe when you become 14 you can move on to chicken tenders.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i haven't voluntarily eaten a mechanically separated chicken meat product in at least 10 years if not longer. even when i was giving them to my son what he didn't eat i gave to my dog.

jimmymac72

Up all night
It's My Birthday!
May 12, 2007
North Carolina
i haven't voluntarily eaten a mechanically separated chicken meat product in at least 10 years if not longer. even when i was giving them to my son what he didn't eat i gave to my dog.
If you don't mind me asking, why? Is it for health or just distaste?

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
I used to love chicken nuggets. Then I read what they do with processed chicken.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
If the dinosaur shaped ones are cheaper, I'd buy them. I think that makes me more of an adult.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Mmmmmm.... mechanically separated chicken parts....

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Rogan was talking about something tangential to this on his podcast last week.

In our society, there is no coming of age ritual. There's no line that marks "Now, you are a man."

Oh, we lose our virginity, we move out on our own, we get married, etc. But there's not that line, that clear point where before that point we were treated as children and after that point we were treated as adults. I think it's common among American/Western families that you move out on your own, but your parents still treat you like a kid.

That has its good point and bad points, of course. But this society just doesn't have that ritual.

The problem, IMO, is that the rest of this society isn't built to take that into account. Not really. Other cultures assume that adult children aren't treated like adults by parents, and build the family unit that way. Western culture, and particularly American culture, both wants adult children to be adults AND wants to keep them subordinated to their parents...

Sorry, sociology shit in my head right now.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Rogan was talking about something tangential to this on his podcast last week.

In our society, there is no coming of age ritual. There's no line that marks "Now, you are a man."

Oh, we lose our virginity, we move out on our own, we get married, etc. But there's not that line, that clear point where before that point we were treated as children and after that point we were treated as adults. I think it's common among American/Western families that you move out on your own, but your parents still treat you like a kid.

That has its good point and bad points, of course. But this society just doesn't have that ritual.

The problem, IMO, is that the rest of this society isn't built to take that into account. Not really. Other cultures assume that adult children aren't treated like adults by parents, and build the family unit that way. Western culture, and particularly American culture, both wants adult children to be adults AND wants to keep them subordinated to their parents...

Sorry, sociology shit in my head right now.
My kids were about 9 when they stopped ordered Happy Meals and started getting Value Meals at McDonalds.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i was kind of shocked the other day, my kid is a pain in the ass eater so i buy him chicken strips so he will eat something while he is at my house, the other day he said they tasted like crap and didn't want them anymore he would just fry up a hamburger. i was amazed, there have been years were all he would eat is chicken of some kind. one of the other reasons i wont eat processed chicken nuggets i do love popeyes or chick fil a