"these are just words" "change the channel"

d00mz

baggers,

"it's time people realize that these are just words... ...change the channel"

Help a brotha out. Was it Bill O'Reilly that said is quoted in the new opening? Or was it Sean Hannity.

Also, does ANYONE have a link to the audio or text of the full quote?

Thanks!

seeinred

White Death
I'm pretty sure it was Hannity who said it.

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
I think it was Shepard Smith....could be wrong.

thetick130

Trying hard not to kill my dog
it was definetly hannity.. i listen to him sometimes and this is definetly his voice

alt130

Frunkis.net
Douchebag Bill O'Reilly wouldn't say such a thing.

d00mz

After listening to hannity on some clips, I think it is him. Now I just need to find a link to the actual quote.

wetsticky frank

My mommy says I am TRAINABLE. What does that mean?
I've listened to Hannity for a long time now and ANY time there's an uproar about anything said in a broadcast he goes off with that line, as long as it doesn't break any FCC rules.

jackjack

baggers,

I can't remember who said it, but it will not work as a solution to the dilemma.

The complainers with the power are often religious zealots who aren't satisfied with being able to control what they and their children hear.
They want to control what other people have the ability to choose from.

They aren't honest enough to admit that yet, at least not until their power base builds to the point they can just come out and say it.
Still, 'change the channel' is not something they understand as a solution.

d00mz

I can't remember who said it, but it will not work as a solution to the dilemma.

The complainers with the power are often religious zealots who aren't satisfied with being able to control what they and their children hear.
They want to control what other people have the ability to choose from.

They aren't honest enough to admit that yet, at least not until their power base builds to the point they can just come out and say it.
Still, 'change the channel' is not something they understand as a solution.
Well the reason that it won't work for the complainers is because it's a logical solution. :icon_lol:

jackjack

Well the reason that it won't work for the complainers is because it's a logical solution. :icon_lol:
No.
The reason it won't work for the complainers is because it does not fulfill their agenda.
They aren't happy with control over their own lives, they want their lifestyle and morals foisted upon everyone else.

XMGroz

Resident Alcoholic
I thought it was Glenn Beck from when HTG was on Headline News.

A

AndrewAZ

Hanity said it. Shep Smith said it. And a few others have said it.

alt130

Frunkis.net
No.
The reason it won't work for the complainers is because it does not fulfill their agenda.
They aren't happy with control over their own lives, they want their lifestyle and morals foisted upon everyone else.
We all understand why it won't work for them... I think the point was that it should. But of course, the notion that one's rights should only extend so far as they they do not infringe on others is lost on far too many people.

user name

Al Sharpton is a Sparkling Nagle
baggers,

Help a brotha out. Was it Bill O'Reilly that said is quoted in the new opening? Or was it Sean Hannity.

Also, does ANYONE have a link to the audio or text of the full quote?

Thanks!
It was Glen Beck.
He said excersize some Personal Responsibility and change the channel.

alt130

Frunkis.net
No, it was definitely Hannity. He uses the same phrases in the Mancow interview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dM-gmFNC_yg

Since he repeated it there, he probably said the cut O&A used on one of the other interviews, if anyone feels like tracking it down. But what he said to Mancow was almost exactly the same, and definitely his voice.

jackjack

We all understand why it won't work for them... I think the point was that it should. But of course, the notion that one's rights should only extend so far as they they do not infringe on others is lost on far too many people.
We're in agreement, but coming at the point from different directions.

I was saying the people with power to influence advertisers are aware that ones' rights should only extend as far as they don't infringe on the rights of others, but they don't give a flying fuck about the rights of others.
They want their values and moral preferences to apply to everyone, and they think they are somehow saving society by forcing everyone to their standards.

alt130

Frunkis.net
We're in agreement, but coming at the point from different directions.

I was saying the people with power to influence advertisers are aware that ones' rights should only extend as far as they don't infringe on the rights of others, but they don't give a flying fuck about the rights of others.
They want their values and moral preferences to apply to everyone, and they think they are somehow saving society by forcing everyone to their standards.
I agree completely, except that I'm not so sure that the majority of them truly understand the idea of where their rights end. A lot of people truly think that they have a god given right not to have their feelings hurt. But that's besides the point, they're assholes either way.