They are making ANOTHER American Pie movie.....

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Reunion

Apparently it will be the 4th movie appart of the main 'Pie 1, Pie 2, and 'American Wedding' series.

It will have all the original characters.

This thing B E T T E R be funnier than every single 'spin off' Pie movie.

Hopefully it's not weird seeing all te characters so old, they must be in their 30's now.

Also, weirdly enough.. the order of funniest American Pie movie goes in order of appearance:

American Pie 1
American Pie 2
American Wedding
Band Camp

Everything after that is not worth watching. Hopefully this 'reunion' movie will be epic, although im doubting that. They are probably just trying to milk whatever branding is left of the name "American Pie"

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Well, it's not written by the guy who wrote the original trilogy, the Weitz brothers aren't involved, so...yeah.

Pumpsie Green

Oct 17, 2008
I said this same thing as I walked out of Halloween 6...if we keep coming to see 'em, they're gonna keep making 'em. This is just disheartening.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
I said this same thing as I walked out of Halloween 6...if we keep coming to see 'em, they're gonna keep making 'em. This is just disheartening.
i very rarely go to the theaters and haven't purchased a dvd in a long time, yet they still make plenty of shit. the only way my consumer tastes get known is through netflix and other acquisition means. think they're slowly getting better though.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Maybe Tara Reid will finally show that hatchet gash that I'm sure looks like a bulldogs mouth after eating a cup of mayonaise.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I thought everyone knew about this. This isn't new news. And the straight to video ones like Band Camp don't count in this fourth installment.

I also hated American Reunion, especially when it became all about Stifler's Redemption.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
What is this, American Pie: The Golden Years?

All the actors are old n busted.

With the exception of Alyson Hannigan.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
True that, but we can rest assured we won't get any shots of her tits sadly enough.
She's the only one who has somewhat managed to retain a career. Stifler tried but really couldn't pull it off. In second or third place (depending on where you place Scott) is Finch as the fat kid from American Dad and the Jew from the Harold and Kumar films. As far as the chicks go, Natasha Lyonne turning into a completely batshit drug addict made her hotter than she otherwise would be.

The Godfather

May 9, 2007
The Sherminator got eated by the Mist...

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Okay, Finch is also one of the main characters in HBO's How To Make it In America and he spend several years on that horrid looking Brother From Raymond show on FOX. I remember in the first season, the show was presented as an old married couple teaches a new married couple the truth about marriage ala Married with Children and the around the second season all the ads focused on a black guy. So I might say he's above Scott depending on the value we give to consistency.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I feel like I may have seen Natasha Lyonne on an episode of New Girl, but can't say for sure if it was her.

Tara Reid made quite a name for herself, though not always in the good way. Shannon Elizabeth has also kept kind of busy between Lifetime movies and Poker tournaments.

My ranking, in terms of relevance since American Pie would be: Hannigan, Reid, Scott, Elizabeth, Thomas, Suvari, Biggs, Klein, and Lyonne. If that was really Lyonne on the New Girl, I guess you could flip her and Klein.

The Godfather

May 9, 2007
Gee, this thread turned into a hum-dinger of activity

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I feel like I may have seen Natasha Lyonne on an episode of New Girl, but can't say for sure if it was her.

Tara Reid made quite a name for herself, though not always in the good way. Shannon Elizabeth has also kept kind of busy between Lifetime movies and Poker tournaments.

My ranking, in terms of relevance since American Pie would be: Hannigan, Reid, Scott, Elizabeth, Thomas, Suvari, Biggs, Klein, and Lyonne. If that was really Lyonne on the New Girl, I guess you could flip her and Klein.
Lyonne was on New Girl, but Klein had an arc on Wilfred so I still think that keeps him above Lyonne. I say Scott is above Reid simply on the strength of Role Models. I think he's a genuinely funny dude and should get more work.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I drastically disagree about Reid. She has nothing on her imdb page for 2009 and 2010. She had a brief Run in the early 2000s with Taradise and all that crap, but after a run on Scrubs in 2005, she's been practically gone. She had a brief burst of fame but that dwindled quickly. And doing poker tournaments is not the same as having two television shows and making appearances in several actually-in-theater movies. If anything, I'd say Nichols, Elizabeth, Lyonne had the lowest post-Pie relevance in that order.

If we're doing this seriously, I'd make the list: Scott (closest to an actual movie star), Hannigan, Thomas, Reid, Biggs, Klein, Elizabeth, Nichols, Lyonne.

Klein and Biggs could be reversed, I wouldn't mind.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I drastically disagree about Reid. She has nothing on her imdb page for 2009 and 2010. She had a brief Run in the early 2000s with Taradise and all that crap, but after a run on Scrubs in 2005, she's been practically gone. She had a brief burst of fame but that dwindled quickly. And doing poker tournaments is not the same as having two television shows and making appearances in several actually-in-theater movies. If anything, I'd say Nichols, Elizabeth, Lyonne had the lowest post-Pie relevance in that order.

If we're doing this seriously, I'd make the list: Scott (closest to an actual movie star), Hannigan, Thomas, Reid, Biggs, Klein, Elizabeth, Nichols, Lyonne.

Klein and Biggs could be reversed, I wouldn't mind.
I think Biggs should be ranked before Reid and Klein. Last time I checked, his CBS sitcom was doing pretty good in the ratings and it was picked up for another season. I think Reid should be ranked dead last.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I think Biggs should be ranked before Reid and Klein. Last time I checked, his CBS sitcom was doing pretty good in the ratings and it was picked up for another season.
I am taking into account fandango's point about Reid actually becoming a "name." Even though it was several years ago, I do think it should count for something. And I meant Biggs and Reid could be reversed.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
I am taking into account fandango's point about Reid actually becoming a "name." Even though it was several years ago, I do think it should count for something. And I meant Biggs and Reid could be reversed.
Then fandango is being generous if he thinks Tara Reid became a "name".

I just remembered that Biggs was in a Woody Allen film and he has done some work on Broadway. So a case can be made that he should come after Scott and Hannigan.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I think Biggs should be ranked before Reid and Klein. Last time I checked, his CBS sitcom was doing pretty good in the ratings and it was picked up for another season. I think Reid should be ranked dead last.
Biggs's sitcom failed. It wasn't picked up this year. 2 Broke girls has it's timeslot.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Being a national punchline is still better than a string of failed pilots and not-good-enough-for-straight-to-DVD movies. And Biggs' Allen movie was in 2003, when he was still riding the American Pie train.

ShooterMcGavin

Go back to your shanties.
May 25, 2005
Gee, this thread turned into a hum-dinger of activity
You should have learned by now that any threads based on positive thinking fade away within a day or two, but any thread in which people get to talk shit on something lasts 50 pages.