Thieving Monkeys (MERGED)

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
Thieving monkeys 'out of control' in northeast India
Nov 17 04:08 AM US/Eastern
Troupes of monkeys are out of control in India's northeast, stealing mobile phones and breaking into homes to steal soft drinks from refrigerators, lawmakers in the region have complained.

"Monkeys are wreaking havoc in my constituency by taking away mobile phones, toothpastes, sipping coke after opening the refrigerators," Hiren Das told Assam state's assembly.

He said the primates were "even slapping women who try to chase them".

"It is a cause of serious concern in my area, with more than 1,000 such simians turning aggressive by the day," fumed Goneswar Das, another legislator representing Raha in eastern Assam.

Assam's wildlife minister, Rockybul Hussain, said the state government has formed a panel to study the problem.

Because of shrinking forest cover, monkeys have increasingly moved into cities elsewhere in India as well.

Last week, around two dozen people were hurt after monkeys rampaged through a New Delhi neighbourhood.

Last month, the deputy mayor of Delhi died when he fell from his balcony after being attacked by monkeys.

Efforts to drive out the animals is complicated by the fact that devout Hindus view them as an incarnation of Hanuman, the monkey god who symbolises strength.

Copyright AFP 2007, AFP stories and photos shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Monkeys are thieves in Roxburry Ma too,,,they are everywhere...excillent basketball players though

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Monkeys are thieves in Roxburry Ma too,,,they are everywhere...excillent basketball players though
We've got lots of monkeys here in Westbury, NY too. You can usually find them in one particular area on a Friday or Saturday night selling crack.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
I work with a shitload of those thieving monkeys.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Monkeys getting uppity in India

As soon as i saw the headline, I knew I had to post it here.

Thieving monkeys 'out of control' in northeast India
Sat Nov 17, 3:08 AM ET

GUWAHATI, India (AFP) - Troupes of monkeys are out of control in India's northeast, stealing mobile phones and breaking into homes to steal soft drinks from refrigerators, lawmakers in the region have complained.

"Monkeys are wreaking havoc in my constituency by taking away mobile phones, toothpastes, sipping coke after opening the refrigerators," Hiren Das told Assam state's assembly.

He said the primates were "even slapping women who try to chase them".

"It is a cause of serious concern in my area, with more than 1,000 such simians turning aggressive by the day," fumed Goneswar Das, another legislator representing Raha in eastern Assam.

Assam's wildlife minister, Rockybul Hussain, said the state government has formed a panel to study the problem.

Because of shrinking forest cover, monkeys have increasingly moved into cities elsewhere in India as well.

Last week, around two dozen people were hurt after monkeys rampaged through a New Delhi neighbourhood.

Last month, the deputy mayor of Delhi died when he fell from his balcony after being attacked by monkeys.

Efforts to drive out the animals is complicated by the fact that devout Hindus view them as an incarnation of Hanuman, the monkey god who symbolises strength.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Shouldn't the headline read:

"Monkeying monkeys"

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I would just like to reflect on the fact that I'm pretty sure WB is the only board on the internet where multiple threads about Thieving Monkeys had to be merged.

Thieving Monkeys (MERGED)
This board makes me proud