Things you hated as a kid, but like as an adult

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
I was chatting with a friend the other day and we were discussing how much we like mowing our yards.

I then suddenly remembered when I was 12 having to mow the yard and how much I hated it. Now, I am mowing every 4 days and find it's a great time to clear my head. When I was 12 and someone would have told me that one day I would like mowing the yard, I would have thought they were crazy.

So, what did you hate as a kid, but like now that you are all grown up?

bethm1b

person of interest
Getting dressed up for an event.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Football. I fucking HATED it as a kid. I was a "burnout" in high school, and your natural enemies were guidos and jocks. When I was a teenager I would rather watch anything than football, now I'm a junkie. I have like 10 fantasy leagues and spend every sunday during the season glued to the tv and nfl.com.
Just shows how much one can change throughout the years.

I'll second the getting dressed up. Also Thunderstorms. Scared to death of them as a kid. Now I love watching them.

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
getting dressed up and the show M.A.S.H.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
I'm either ahead of the curve, or my personal tastes haven't changed one iota in 40 years of life, because the things I hated as a kid are the exact things I hate right this minute. Weird.

hypes

Flying over your heads
-Stinky cheese
-Brand New Toys (my mother always bought toys from garage sales, so now that I have the means I buy new toys...not only for my kids, but for myself)
-Anchovies, pickled herring, and other oily smelly fishes
-Salad Bars

I still hate getting dressed up for _ANYTHING_ (I had to promise my sister-in-law that I'd buy a suit for her wedding...I'm not looking forward to that...I personally think that "dressing up" means putting on your best pair of blue jeans and a comfortable shirt that has a collar on it plus white socks and sneakers), I loathe pretty much all Dutch food (growing up in a Dutch family will do that to a person...when there are recipies that call for ELMER'S GLUE as an ingredient I draw a goddamn line), and hiding the fact that I drink alcohol (where I grew up, they _just_ started allowing restaurants to have bars in them...and allowing them to *gasp* serve hard liquor (as in whiskey, gin, vodka, etc.)...it was soo bad where I grew up it wasn't until LAST YEAR that I could purchase anything but American beer at the grocery store).

Iowa may be a nice place to live...but man some parts of it are fuuuuuucked up.

I

inthesmokies

Watching or playing Golf.
Staying home.
lima beans.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
mushrooms, when i was a kid i HATED mushrooms, now i eat them all the time.

welding, when i was a kid i was terrified of the welder/torch. now i do it every day as part of my job and i love doing it.
i guess the other half of the question is, what did you love as a kid and hate doing now.

tstlkevanilla

Ministress of Masturbation
I second the staying home thing. When I was a kid, I couldn't spend one minute home after school. I was always outside playing with my friends. Now? You couldn't push me out the door if I don't REALLY be somewhere. I work and come home. That's it.

highway23

I miss NY wings
M.A.S.H.
Golf
Spanish Rice
Diet soda
50's music
Black and white films
The History Channel
Documentaries

hated all that stuff...I'm sure there is more...

Sitting around doing nothing. When I was a kid, I couldn't stand to be idle. Now I relish the chance to just sit here and do absolutely nothing.

roche

i am lame
Wackbag Staff
Hated MASH as a kid but now I think it is one of the best shows of all time
Wearing something like a suit to a fancy event
Family events (They can still be awkward, but at least I appreciate the time I do spend with them)
Any type of vegetable
Scotch

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
I hated getting dressed up for holidays. Now I feel bad showing up in jeans & a sweater but if I dressed any nicer I'd be over dressed.

I second the staying home thing. When I was a kid, I couldn't spend one minute home after school. I was always outside playing with my friends. Now? You couldn't push me out the door if I don't REALLY be somewhere. I work and come home. That's it.
Being a recluse rules. I fucking hate being around most people.

CaraC

A real giirrrrllllllllllllllllll
getting dressed up and being girly in general
teriyaki chicken
Im sure theres a bunch of other things I cant think of at the moment

FAZ8218

Good eeeeeeeevening.
Wackbag Staff
Number 1 is probably READING...
As far as food and drink go:
Diet Coke
White rice