Things your phone has replaced.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
I have several watches I never wear now.
No need for an alarm clock anymore.
I will never buy a CD again.
No need to carry a camera.
Maps? What are those?

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
I have several watches I never wear now.
No need for an alarm clock anymore.
I will never buy a CD again.
No need to carry a camera.
Maps? What are those?
Pretty much the same, although I do wear a watch some of the time and use a better digital camera when I'm out hiking or something along those lines.

It's definitely replaced my old Zune MP3 player.
I use it to complement my Kindle (Amazon syncs the last page read between the Kindle and Android app).
It's definitely starting to replace my Sirius radio
It's starting to replace paper time sheets
I now leave my handheld GPS at home while hiking. My phone is capable of downloading offline topo & aerial maps, which makes it a better GPS unit than the handheld.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I can't fathom not wearing watch. So much easier than a phone. And when you're bored you can press the button on its side and pretend it's a laser like in Goldeneye.

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
Watch and that's the only this its ever going to replace. I don't like the idea of putting all my eggs in one basket when it comes to devices.

OilyJillFart

Well-Lubed Member
Sep 26, 2008
I took a trip down to the Keys since I got my Android phone and took my laptop as usual for such outings. Never once used it.
I have a torrent client, Winamp, and another media player app that got me the couple TV shows I wanted to see and I was able to grab the O&A shows too.

Not that it replaces a laptop, but for those low-use times like a vacation, it did everything I needed and more.

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Sep 6, 2002
Staten Island, NY
Watch and that's the only this its ever going to replace. I don't like the idea of putting all my eggs in one basket when it comes to devices.
I definitely agree with you there (although I do occasionally wear a watch, depending on where I'm going)

DanaReevesLungs

I can keep rhythm with no metronome...
Donator
Jun 9, 2005
Louisiana
I'm dropping a deuce whilst reading this thread.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Having to actually talk on the phone.

Pumpsie Green

Oct 17, 2008
Phone has replaced: home phone, gps, camera, storage for pictures, mp3 player and the combination of all these has replaced having to awkwardly reject the dick bag kiosk salesman at the mall.

Tablet has replaced: laptop, books, magazines, mp3 player, digital frame, bedside clock, calendar for work, Rolodex for work, to do lists for work, memopad, speakers for presos.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Basically just my home phone and watches.

I still like my Zen Vision MP3 player. We have a GPS for the cars
so I don't use the phone since I'm texting and web surfing whilst
driving. I take a bunch of pics but the wife has a better camera
so I use that as much as possible for the quality zoom pics.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Phone has replaced phone book, encyclopedia, watch (I've lost 60 lbs and my old watch didn't fit anymore), MP3 player, wallet photos (I scanned some of my ID cards into PDF files and keep them in my phone, like my CPR card, OSHA training card and NAUI dive card) and internet router (when traveling)

Ipad has replaced books, portable dvd player, travel computer and alarm clock.

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Yes! I can't imagine droppin a deuce without my phone.
I can't imagine how awful your phone smells with all the little flakes of shit and piss stuck to the screen.

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Loveland, CO
Didn't realize people asked for that before you start pounding on their chest...
In my line of work, we get rewarded with a card for every little thing we accomplish. Rather than having a George-wallet to carry everything, I've scanned them in so I have them readily available when someone asks me if I'm certified in so-and-so. If I can't prove it, I'm usually stuck taking a class so I can get another little card.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
My phone, when not charging, probably spends more time in my bathroom than my bedroom. Left on the sink in post-shit disinterest.

I myself have never rented a place and gotten a land line put in, always used my cellphone.