"Think Jackass meets Mythbusters"

sidepiece

"You've been Juiced"
Feb 7, 2005
Hollywood, CA
Laughed my ass off as I read this audition posting on Craigslist for a television pilot that's described as "Think Jackass meets Mythbusters". Linger Longer...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/tfr/477877137.html

Casting Stuntman for Discovery's DANGERMAN

DANGERMAN is a documentary reality pilot for Discovery that replicates the extraordinary stunts performed by daredevils, stuntmen and showmen and explains the scientific principles that make the most amazing feats possible. Think Jackass meets Mythbusters.

Looking for a man or woman (early 20s to mid 30s, any ethnicity) who is a Jackass-style renegade scientist with a crazed enthusiasm for taking on seemingly impossible challenges.

MUST BE FEARLESS and have experience/knowledge/passion for dangerous sports, stunt work, escapology and related areas.

Must also be well-spoken, quick on their feet and able to articulate experiences as they happen as well as be able to explain the science behind the stunts undertaken in the show.

Please send picture/resume/reel + details explaining your qualifications ASAP to: barbarabarnacasting@gmail.com
PLEASE PUT ALL INFO IN BODY OF EMAIL -- okay to attach photos/reel
OR mail to:
Barbara Barna Casting
249 Smith Street, #122
Brooklyn, NY 11231

no union jurisdiction (union/non-union okay)

R

Retard Sex

Wait, no one-way 1980's limo rides?

Baggity Bag

Mar 7, 2006
That is really is Lingeeeeerrrr Longeeeeerrrr...

And just think the buckets of pure gold they turned down.

pike

You will be molested
Aug 8, 2004
Cleveland, OH
Like who hasn't always wanted to drive a car into a swimming pool?

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
Ok, on thursday or friday, Opie said "they already did" their "mythbusters meets jackass" show and it only lasted like a week.

What show was he talking about?

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Ok, on thursday or friday, Opie said "they already did" their "mythbusters meets jackass" show and it only lasted like a week.

What show was he talking about?
I was wondering that also. Must of been pretty awful and not promoted all that much. Sometimes a company that has other successful shows on a channel can get it in their contract that it's automatically played, this thing could of been on in the middle of the night on a Wednesday.

Dec 19, 2005
If you do a search, it is called "Search and Destroy".

"Comedy Central on Wednesday unveiled that it is developing a new show to be hosted by the CBS/XM radio duo Opie and Anthony.

Entitled Search and Destroy, the show is described as a scavenger hunt in which "teams of comedians run amok in New York City." Each team faces off in head-to-head competitions and has a list of assignments they must complete.

Comedy Central unveiled Search and Destroy as part of its 2008-09 talent and development slate. "

Dec 19, 2005
Then again, I seem to remember they did 2 different shows. not sure.

One was the jackass meets mythbusters, where I think OnA said it was pitched and the TV execs just sat there. I think it might have been for A&E. (again, relying on my memory, so i could be way off). That seemed to have been a few years ago.

Then they did the Comedy Central "search and destroy" thing last March.

BullsLawDan

Feb 9, 2006
NY
I didn't think he was referring to them doing it, I thought he meant "they" like the tv industry.

I was just thinking maybe it was one of those bad Mythbusters ripoffs you see on Discovery, A&E, or History.

boomer

A Fancy Man
Oct 9, 2004
Entitled Search and Destroy, the show is described as a scavenger hunt in which "teams of comedians run amok in New York City." Each team faces off in head-to-head competitions and has a list of assignments they must complete. "
Was fuck in a church on the list of assignments?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I think it was that sucky show that had the stuntman guy doing wacky things and then explaining it..the commercial had people getting shocked ..a dummy getting launched into a hillside...it was on TLC or Discovery last fall.

AnalLeakage

Ruining Ant's sheets
Oct 22, 2006
West Palm Beach, FL

"Comedy Central on Wednesday unveiled that it is developing a new show to be hosted by the CBS/XM radio duo Opie and Anthony.

Entitled Search and Destroy, the show is described as a scavenger hunt in which "teams of comedians run amok in New York City." Each team faces off in head-to-head competitions and has a list of assignments they must complete.

Comedy Central unveiled Search and Destroy as part of its 2008-09 talent and development slate. "
Sam and Dave talked about being involved in the filming of this pilot on a Special Delivery show about 2 weeks ago when discussing when they first got paired together during a segment for the pilot. They mentioned getting paid 99 dollars for a couple days work from the production company and having to spend extended time hanging around with the Big A / Stalker Patty types. I think Sam mentioned it never aired and Comedy Central ended up passing on the show. Someone may have the audio of it, I recall it being on the live show a few Saturdays ago.

BullsLawDan

Feb 9, 2006
NY
How exactly is Manswers related to either Jackass or Mythbusters?
Because when they originally talked about "J meets M" they said the pitch was a show that answers all the questions men want answered, like Opie specifically mentioned wanting to find out what happens if you throw a car in park at 60mph.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
Opie specifically mentioned wanting to find out what happens if you throw a car in park at 60mph.
I don't know about park, but throwing a car doing 60 in drive into reverse REALLY fucks up your transmission, trust me.