Third Watch

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
I don't know if anyone here was a Third Watch fan like me, but I have been wanting WB to release this series on DVD. They are releasing season 1 on 02/08/2008. I bet they will only release subsequent seasons if this sells well. If you liked this series try and pick this up.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00005JNJ1/?tag=wackbagcom-20

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Loved this show. Bosco was the man. It's about f'n time it came out. I used to watch it everyday on A&E.

Mindslayer

Best in the Biz
May 4, 2006
Staten Island, NY
My girl will be pleased to hear that this is coming out finally. I was more a casual fan myself.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
I really like that series. They filmed a bunch of scenes in my neighborhood. In the pilot watch for a chase scene in front of SALERNOS restaurant (same place from the date scenes and right around the corner from where the bodies discovered in that pink Cadillac in "Good Fellas").

bundle of joy

Feb 3, 2006
Finally, I really got into the show when they were running reruns on A&E. I started really getting into it, and then they took it off. I will definitly be picking this up.

Palerider4146

The Death Medic
Sep 22, 2002
Hazlet, NJ
I really like that series. They filmed a bunch of scenes in my neighborhood. In the pilot watch for a chase scene in front of SALERNOS restaurant (same place from the date scenes and right around the corner from where the bodies discovered in that pink Cadillac in "Good Fellas").

Richmond Hill I see! Actually I worked EMS out of Jamaica Hosp for years, I remember when they were filming a crash scene on the corner of Hillside/Myrtle years ago, was kind of cool. One of the local homeless guys George made it in to the background while they were filiming, it was hysterical.

The hospital I work at now used to get the EMS standby for the filming of the show, damn I miss that OT.

Being an EMS'er I'll say this, it's not a bad show, as long as you can suspend disbelief. It wasnt an accurate depiction, but it wasnt a bad show.

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY
Richmond Hill I see! Actually I worked EMS out of Jamaica Hosp for years, I remember when they were filming a crash scene on the corner of Hillside/Myrtle years ago, was kind of cool. One of the local homeless guys George made it in to the background while they were filiming, it was hysterical.

The hospital I work at now used to get the EMS standby for the filming of the show, damn I miss that OT.

Being an EMS'er I'll say this, it's not a bad show, as long as you can suspend disbelief. It wasnt an accurate depiction, but it wasnt a bad show.
BINGO! Give the man a cigar!

For some reason they film a lot of stuff in this neighborhood. My favorite Pizza joint is right down the street from Salernos, One day I went for a couple of slices and they were filming some kind of Indian (Bollywood style) movie. To make the Pizzaria fit into the background shots, they made it look like a Indian take out joint. I was cracking up as I ordered a goat currry and parm hero. :icon_mrgr

Palerider4146

The Death Medic
Sep 22, 2002
Hazlet, NJ
BINGO! Give the man a cigar!

For some reason they film a lot of stuff in this neighborhood. My favorite Pizza joint is right down the street from Salernos, One day I went for a couple of slices and they were filming some kind of Indian (Bollywood style) movie. To make the Pizzaria fit into the background shots, they made it look like a Indian take out joint. I was cracking up as I ordered a goat currry and parm hero. :icon_mrgr
Actually Queens is a great place to shoot movies, lots of different building era types all around. I grew up in Ridgewood/Glendale. They filmed Brighton Beach Memoires and Malcom X a few blocks from me as well as Night Shift and a bunch of others. Brighton Beach Memoires was there for months (the elevated train local) and I had kids I grew up with used to steal the set cars to joy ride in.

In regards to the Goat Curry and Parm here, I'll say this, when I first started working there in my early 20s, curry and all their food made me nauseus with just the smell, by the time I left there in my 30s, I was ordering the food in some of the regular Indi/Paki/Guyanese restaurants, it actually isnt bad.