This has probably been discussed but I feel the need to say it myself

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
Jun 20, 2005
Alabama
Steve Carell sucks. not funny.

Sitting here trying to watch Dinner for Schmucks and Carell is by FAR the worst part of the movie. The cast around him is pretty solid but he sucks.

Mobo

Aug 10, 2005
Dallas, TX
aaaargh!!! Hasn't this been discussed enough here?!?!?! What is this? Wack-nag? Steve Carell sucks....we GET IT!

p.s no one cares, and this doesn't deserve a thread. Get over yourself.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
He was fine in that movie. It just wasn't a great movie.

NoRez

Old, tired warrior woman originally from Antland.
Jun 20, 2008
NY-born Bostonian.
omg, I watched it last night and thought the very same thing (I thought the whole movie was awful, except for the mouse dioramas.) Every time I see a Steve Carrell movie I try to think of something I liked him in other than The Office and The Daily Show, and I come up dry.

I missed previous threads on this subject so I will take advantage and concur with Warfarer; Carrell is... I think the word I want is unctuous, at least in the parts he chooses to play. My jury's still out though - if he took a role completely different than the 'highly functional' types he's always doing I would be willing to give him a look (I'm thinking of something along the lines of Robin Williams in One Hour Photo.)

Right now though, he makes me highly irritated just by appearing on my television screen.

Jim Carrey could have made the Dinner for Schmucks role edgier.

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
I thought this was gonna be another "pee in my butt" or "Bagel Lord is a cunt" thread! :action-sm

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
aaaargh!!! Hasn't this been discussed enough here?!?!?! What is this? Wack-nag? Steve Carell sucks....we GET IT!

p.s no one cares, and this doesn't deserve a thread. Get over yourself.
He does suck yet zombies still flock to see his bombs.

I watched the frist two seasons of The Office and enjoyed it. Then it just got tired and his character was just not cutting it anymore.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
omg, I watched it last night and thought the very same thing (I thought the whole movie was awful, except for the mouse dioramas.) Every time I see a Steve Carrell movie I try to think of something I liked him in other than The Office and The Daily Show, and I come up dry.

I missed previous threads on this subject so I will take advantage and concur with Warfarer; Carrell is... I think the word I want is unctuous, at least in the parts he chooses to play. My jury's still out though - if he took a role completely different than the 'highly functional' types he's always doing I would be willing to give him a look (I'm thinking of something along the lines of Robin Williams in One Hour Photo.)

Right now though, he makes me highly irritated just by appearing on my television screen.

Jim Carrey could have made the Dinner for Schmucks role edgier.
That's a great point. Jim Carrey did an amazing job in "Cable Guy" making that movie dark and edgy, I like Paul Rudd a lot but there is no way he could pull this movie off.

lockjaaaaww

All out of Bubble Gum.
Apr 26, 2008
bohemia, ny
He was fine in that movie. It just wasn't a great movie.
Many times bad screenwritting is misinterpreted for bad acting. If there's a horrid screenplay with Laurence Olivier in the starring role he would take the brunt of critiscism.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Many times bad screenwritting is misinterpreted for bad acting. If there's a horrid screenplay with Laurence Olivier in the starring role he would take the brunt of critiscism.
Like Richard III.

Jan 9, 2006
Delmar, NY
So true. It's rare that you get a good performance in a bad film.