This personal flamethrower is somehow legal in 49 states

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
This personal flamethrower is somehow legal in 49 states
by Andrew Tarantola | @terrortola | 14 hrs ago

The XM42 from Ion Productions is every pyromaniac's dream come true: a personal, portable flamethrower that's (amazingly still) legal everywhere except California. You'll be able to get your own flame on for as little as $700 when the company launches its IndieGoGo campaign on March 23rd.

The XM42 bills itself as the first "commercially-available handheld flamethrower." It spews a column of 87 Octane flame up to 25 feet and, according to the product website, is suitable for everything from clearing snow and ice to insect control and pyrotechnic event displays (not to mention long-distance S'more baking, home defense, and showing those raccoons that keep knocking over your trash who's boss). The XM42 will be available in three finishes: brushed aluminum for $699 and either a polished aluminum or colored powder coat for $799.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/19/49-state-legal-personal-flamethrower/??ncid=rss_full

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Get one quick. They'll be outlawed fast.

Psychopath

I want to fuck your girlfriend.
Flame throwers are one weapon I don't think the public should have. The military doesn't even use them because they are so dangerous.

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Flame throwers are one weapon I don't think the public should have. The military doesn't even use them because they are so dangerous.
I thought it's because they were outlawed by the rules of war along with napalm. Despite their danger we still used the shit out of them ww2 to roast us some japs.......fucking starving.....hey earl we got any roasted japs back there?

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Those things are just so cool. I'd like to light BIV on fire with one.

steve500

(Not complaining) I've been winning my own little "guess whether BIV started this thread" game.

steve500

I thought it's because they were outlawed by the rules of war along with napalm. Despite their danger we still used the shit out of them ww2 to roast us some japs.......fucking starving.....hey earl we got any roasted japs back there?
So the rules of war apply to things such as fighting ISIS?

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
I knew the exception had to be California even before I clicked on the thread. Fucking communists.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
I was just fantasizing about using a flame thrower to kill the snow.

NotSoFast

Oddly, it's not illegal in CA due to it being dangerous. There is no way to fit it with a catalytic converter.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
ok, so I bought one. Look for me to be posting 3rd degree burns around september

Shootr

OOHHH, GNARLY!!!
Donator
I guess if I can't have bottle rockets in Arizona, this will do...

Bobobie

Hard to outlaw what is basically a Super-Soaker with a burning wick at the end of it. Flame throwers are very low tech. Easy to slap one together with plumbing parts from the local hardware store.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
As far as our professional military goes? Yes
Interestingly enough, they actually are banned by a Geneva convention, not by a Hague convention like most small arms. (Everyone thinks Geneva Conventions ban use of JHP ammo, for example, but the Geneva Conventions have nothing to do with it). Talks were concluded in 1980, but we didn't ratify it until 2008. However, the prohibition only applies to their use in civilian areas, and places some minor restrictions on their use against vegetation.

In short, should be perfectly allowable to use them against caves full of AQ shitheaps.

doomvulture

Lord of Jailbait
Mine shipped today. Look for future posts about my 3rd degree burns or begging for money to build a new house.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
I can't wait till the first school mass barbecuing and the subsequent banning.