This show is warping my sense of humor

gator1010

Oct 13, 2011
Florida
I now say chippah jokes to my fiance' not in the chippah voice! My taste in comedy has turned really dark, and will make uncle paul jokes to my friends with kids. Ive been listening since artie lang atempted suicide and howard turned into a fag. I find the dumbest shit funny cause i can relate it to the show, for example we had a presentation at work with a real shitty speaker that read everything off a sheet of paper. The first 5 minutes of the presentation i had to fight my laughter cause i kept thinking of the fellas playing the "well isnt this great!?" and the roper song. After reading this i see i should just delete it but fuck it im fighting the Ambien right now and will accept my **** in the am. Im sure some of you swell gents out there can relate.

Btw bailey jay... Holy shit.

Aug 11, 2005
Turn around and get the fuck out

you don't want to be like this

believe me

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I have to fake-laugh at everything, all the time, and I hate it.

Plus when someone makes a joke dark enough that I'd legitimately laugh, I'm so surprised and almost grateful that I sort of overcompensate, laughing reeeeeally hard. People look at me like I'm a sick fuck, which I guess I am.

It wasn't me but an example yesterday in microbiology. Cells, molecules, doesn't matter it's not the point. But Cell/molecule B is attached to and sitting on top of A. B (which is tiny) sends a signal out to C (which is huge) to come and engulf A. The professor's little joke was "I've always thought of B as sort of a dating service", and an older dude near me burst out in violent guttaral laughter. Everyone stared at him because he obviously got an image of C just brutally coming in and raping the shit out of A, which wouldn't be too inaccurate, really. I would have probably done the same if he wasn't so quick on the draw.

Bet that dude's a fan of the show.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
BTW I'd advise against ever doing a show-related impression, for any reason, in any context.

Check that, I'd advise against ever doing any impressions, period.

Aug 11, 2005
[video=youtube;Rpj64v8sQ50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rpj64v8sQ50[/video]

well thank YOU regulator guy

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
Happens..I hate the obvious joke people.

Also most of my gay terminology knowledge comes from the show. Party bottom(old Kevin Smith appearance) Twink. Bear.. I made a docking joke about a month ago and it was uncomfortable having to explain that shit and how I know what it means. Now docking jokes at work are accepted and funny.

I think I got docking from the show.. or here.. same difference.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I believe it was the show, but you never know.

They played a worst-of sometime within the last year when the boys discovered the term. But it could have been here. I remember there was a time when they never ever used the term douchechills. So I could look back and say I got it from the show, but I remember reading a post that went back a few years before they incorporated it into their lexicon. By a howard fan as a matter of fact.

Speaking of which, I'm glad blumpkin never really caught on in the mainstream. Always thought that one stunk.

steve500

Oct 20, 2008
35,000 ft
BTW I'd advise against ever doing a show-related impression, for any reason, in any context.

Check that, I'd advise against ever doing any impressions, period.
I involuntary blurted out "what's that" during a meeting, after a vendor mentioned a new chip. Most people assumed that I just didn't hear the guy, but I actually discovered that one of the secretaries (female, nonetheless), was a fan, because she later asked if I had satellite radio. It was odd how neither of us wanted to mention the show by name until we were confident that the other was also a fan.

Looking forward to sneaking in show references from now on.

Sep 28, 2010
My favorite part about this place is that everyone tries to out do each other with their mean replies. You guys will trip over each other just to get in your jabs.

The poor guy is just trying to show his love for the show.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
My favorite part about this place is that everyone tries to out do each other with their mean replies. You guys will trip over each other just to get in your jabs.

The poor guy is just trying to show his love for the show.
I don't think anyone has really bashed the OP.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I involuntary blurted out "what's that" during a meeting, after a vendor mentioned a new chip. Most people assumed that I just didn't hear the guy, but I actually discovered that one of the secretaries (female, nonetheless), was a fan, because she later asked if I had satellite radio. It was odd how neither of us wanted to mention the show by name until we were confident that the other was also a fan.

Looking forward to sneaking in show references from now on.
Since you didn't take the opportunity to add that she was hot, it's a pretty easy assumption that she's not.

But yeah that would be fun either way in meetings.

(would be soooo much more fun though if she was remotely bangable)

Aug 11, 2005
Why don't you make like a tree...and leaf...
or sumthin tssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I'm going to guess you don't do the Chip jokes right. No one does. Ever. It's mind boggling how people who listen 20 hours a day don't get the joke format.

mills

Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I'm going to guess you don't do the Chip jokes right. No one does. Ever. It's mind boggling how people who listen 20 hours a day don't get the joke format.
Yup and it's a joke within a joke. Jim makes the rest of us Chips while we think the rest of the world is fulla' chip. tss.