This Side of Truth: Ricky Gervais and Louis CK

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Almost makes up for "Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins," Louis.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/080207e.php

Jonah Hill and comedian Louis C.K. will play Ricky Gervais' neighbors in the Warner Bros. comedy "This Side of the Truth" says Reuters.

The story centers on Mark (Gervais), an average guy who discovers his newfound ability to tell untruths in a world where lying doesn't exist, and uses the skill in his effort to seduce a woman (Jennifer Garner) who is way out of his league.

Hill will play Mark's humorous neighbor who also suffers from depression, while Louis C.K. will play Mark's loser best friend. Rob Lowe also stars.

Gervais, who marks his feature directing debut with the film, is co-writing and co-directing with Matt Robinson. Production is set to begin in April.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I read this script a week or two ago. It was entertaining, but not surprisingly felt extremely British. I don't know if the American audience will accept it. It is kind of the reverse "Liar Liar" they set up this alternate universe back in the Caveman days and show the first lie ever told, then they show what would of happened if this caveman told the truth. We never developed the ability in the brain to lie.

So when we first meet Ricky and Jennifer in the present day, their conversation is blatantly honest. Jen says things like "I'm only going on this date because I owed my cousin a favor. You're really not that attractive so I'm going in the bathroom to masturbate, since I don't see myself wanting to fool around with you later, and by the time I get home I'll probably be tired."

This goes on for 35 pages and then Ricky's character invents the lie. He winds up creating religion, and uses his ability to become rich by walking into a bank and telling the teller that his check for two hundred dollars is really for two hundred thousand and since no one has ever told or heard a lie before they take his word for it.

It's fun, but I think it's an idea that might of been better used in an SNL skit. I don't know if watching it would make it grow tiresome, I laughed a lot, but I'm still really on the fence about it.

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
<------------- doesn't just like ricky gervais and louie ck
<------------------ LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THEM!!!

Steam

May 18, 2003
Seems promising. I hope that Gervais can make up for making me watch "Extras".

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

Simby19

I want to have L'il Jimmy's babies
Aug 10, 2006
Paramus, NJ
<------------- doesn't just like ricky gervais and louie ck
<------------------ LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THEM!!!
x2!!

Holy crap this brought me a lot of joy. Please let it be as good as it is in my head.

Apr 12, 2003
cleveland
heard about this, sounds awesome.

i'll be havin a laugh at this one!

mikepop

cdnonafan
Jan 26, 2005
toronto
I love Gervais in everything he does.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ia__1d_rM[/media]

Steve McQueen

heartless fuck
May 23, 2006
New York
Great. Jonah Hill in another movie.

Otherwise, sounds pretty good.

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
We are approaching the estimated March 20th release date. I found this on Ricky's Blog. An entry showing his email correspondence w/Louis CK.

Started working on a sketch for Sesame Street. I'm really looking forward to recording it. They tape in NY too. Perfect.

Talking of the greatest city in the world, last time I was there I hooked up with Louis C.K.

Here is the e mail correspondence leading up to that meeting.

On 2 Jan 2009, at 18:39, Louis C.K. wrote:

Subject: Excuse me, ugly.
When do you arrive in new york? Are monday or thursday night at all possible for you?

From: Ricky Gervais To: Louis CK Sent: Jan 2, 2009 1:43 PM

Subject: Re: Excuse me, ugly.
only wednesday and thursday

On 2 Jan 2009, at 19:55, "Louis C.K." wrote:

Can you hang out on thursday? I have babysitter issues on wednesday.

From: Ricky Gervais To: Louis CK Sent: Jan 2, 2009 2:56 PM

Thursday it is, you useless piece of shit

On 7 Jan 2009, at 19:59, "Louis C.K." wrote:

What are we doing at what time where tomorrow

From: Ricky Gervais To: Louis CK Sent: Jan 7, 2009 3:09 PM

7 at the rainbow rooms? Is that nice or naff?
I'm at conan till 6.30

On 7 Jan 2009, at 20:14, "Louis C.K." wrote:

What does naff mean, you idiot?

From: Ricky Gervais To: Louis CK Sent: Jan 7, 2009 5:31 PM

Tacky, sub par, cheap, rubbish,.... you inarticulate slob

On 8 Jan 2009, at 00:07, "Louis C.K." wrote:

It doesn't make me inarticulate if I don't know cute little words invented by English gays.

On Jan 7, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Ricky Gervais wrote:

I think you'll find that most words you fat stupid yanks use were invented by English gays. It's ENGLISH you dick head

On 8 Jan 2009, at 02:22, Louis CK wrote:

did I tell you my theory of why women in "Britain" are so ugly?

It's because all of you "English" men are gay. Every single last one is an aidsy faggot, since King Faggot Arthur's day. Anyway, you cant just let your gay race die out so for centuries you've forced yourselves to fuck your women, but you're so gay and it's so repulsive to you, that you throw up on their faces the whole time you're fucking them. After generations and generations of constantly having vomit on their faces, British women started really looking like vomit. So now you're a no-good race of vomit-faced cunts and retarded little queers.

Jacket required tonight by the way. No jeans or trainers. And have a wash you stinking fat cunt

Here is the fat ginger slob on youtube
http://www.rickygervais.com/thissideofthetruth.php

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
That was some funny shit.

Eagle.007

Frrrrrrunkis!
Jan 8, 2007
NEPA
Could have been better. Garner saying "masturbate" half a dozen times was hot. It would have been nice if Louis had even one funny line. Too bad it wouldn't really fill his part.

iSpeakEloquent

HENRIK LUUUUUUUUUUUNDQVIST
Sep 3, 2004
Smithtown, NY
louis was funny in the scene with ricky and phillip seymour hoffman

"I'm black"

"I knew it"