This Was Inevitable--Dubai Hooters

turdfrgsn

it's a funny name
Mar 7, 2005
North Beach, MD
******and this begs several questions, among them:
-burqas or no, and if yes, would it still be considered a hooters?

-the over/under, in days (i'm being optimistic, my gut reaction would be in hours), before the newly built dubai hooters gets blown the fuck up?********

Hooters Dubai plans in Middle East NOT deflated after all
August 06, 2007 07:52 AM

FLORIDA, 6 Aug. 2007, (Arabisto.com): Atlanta Ga.-based Hooters of America Inc. will be opening up a location in Dubai after all.

According to Harry Grindrod, director of Hooters European Franchising, the company still intends to open a Dubai location in the Middle East.

"We are still planning on it," Grindrod said in an email to Arabisto.com. "The problem is that the present contractor can't give us a good timeline for completion."

It's unclear how many branches are being planned or where the locations will be. Grindrod declined to comment further and didn't respond to subsequent emails.

According to published reports and some blogs in the region earlier this month, Hooter's backed off their original three planned branches in Dubai because of public opposition.

Not so says Grindrod. Plans are full speed ahead for the burgeoning expatriate community in Dubai.

This marks company's first expansion into the Arabic peninsula. Expansion plans in Israel are still underway according to the company's Web site.

One of my fave Arabisto.com bloggers Ramzi Khoury, was one of the first to report on Hooters expansion plans in Israel way back on March 20.

This all stems from a story that ran on June 26 from the Gulf News, which reported that Hooter's Dubai plans had been shot down. That was followed up by an AFP story that ran in several international papers like the Sydney Morning Herald on June 28.

But if you look closely at the company's press release on Israel, the company makes no attempt to debunk the fact that Hooters may be opening in Dubai (or India). And trust me, if a company didn't want to expand in a particular country or region, their web techies would immediately take off all and any references to Dubai on its release.

It's unclear whether Kuwaiti investor Jamal Al Shaheen - who holds the franchise rights to Hooters in Dubai - will still be at the forefront of the plans?

According to the Associated Press, Hooters charges a franchise fee of $75,000 per location. Initial investment in a restaurant ranges between $800,000 and $1.5 million.

But lets not aviod the elephant in the room. The big questions is: Will the Hooters girls be wearing the standard orange hot pants and tank top?

No word on that yet -- but if you ask me -- I think the BURQUINI would be quite restrictive for servers, no?

Deadbent

You can go fuck.
Aug 19, 2005
Chicago, IL. Southside, stupid.
Oh, look, an ankle, pass me some more camelwings.

Seriously, this information is about as good as someone saying "Hey, I'm gonna take a shit sometime this year."

ruinedbitredd

Feb 10, 2007
makes perfect sense. Halliburton is moving its headquaters to dubai as well as the fact that Dubai is becoming a tourist destination. I mean boring white guys gotta go somewhere for wings and tits right?

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Mar 14, 2005
Covington. La
Dubai is a place where Arabs get to do everything they kill Westerners for doing.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
Say what you will about these savages, they keep their bitches inline....except for their insane religeon... Im thinking about moving.

ohh, n the smell.... can I even buy Wipeys in Dubuia?

cozzie

head retard
Aug 7, 2005
Norristown PA
Say what you will about these savages, they keep their bitches inline....except for their insane religeon... Im thinking about moving.

ohh, n the smell.... can I even buy Wipeys in Dubuia?
yes they keep them inline , but they are NOT allowed to look at any other man , even if he is a "President" As far as the smell- your a plumber , figure it out.:action-sm

GDRC

This is what I do now
Jun 28, 2006
MA
Isn't Dubai full of rich Europeans and Americans?