Movie Thor 4 - Chris Hemsworth and Taika Waititi are back!

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
In related news, Akira is back in Development Hel:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/taika-waititi-direct-thor-4-1224464

Taika Waititi to Direct 'Thor 4' (Exclusive)
JULY 16, 2019 10:37AM by Borys Kit

Meanwhile, development concerns force Warners to push back 'Akira.'

Taika Waititi is returning to the many worlds of Thor.
Waititi has inked a deal to write and direct a follow-up to his 2017 smash, Thor: Ragnarok.

But his boarding of what would be a fourth installment of the Marvel franchise comes at a cost: Warner Bros.' long-gestating adaptation of Japanese manga Akira.
That project, which was penciled for a May 21, 2021, release and had Waititi testing actors in a worldwide search for talent, is being put on pause indefinitely as the two projects' production dates began to bump up against one another. Script development concerns caused Akira to push back its shooting start, and while some of those have been addressed, say sources, the dates were now too close for comfort.

Warners' next step for Akira is unclear. Several sources have said that Warners is keen on keeping Waititi involved for the long term and hopes to see him pick up Akira after Thor 4.
Waititi brought his own stamp to the Thor franchise with Ragnarok, infusing the movie with an idiosyncratic wit evident in his previous work like What We Do in the Shadows and Hunt for the Wilderpeople. Audiences responded to the tune of almost $854 million worldwide while critics’ raves put the movie at 93 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. The move also rejuvenated what had been a rare declining franchise performer for Marvel.

Chris Hemsworth is expected to reprise his career-defining role as the Asgardian god of thunder.

Next up for Waititi is Jojo Rabbit, a unique Nazi-era satire he directed for Fox Searchlight, which opens Oct. 18. Scarlett Johansson stars in the picture alongside Waititi, who portrays a boy's imaginary version of Adolf Hitler.

He is repped by CAA and Manage-ment.

Neon

ネオン
Yeah Piggy and I were discussing this on Twitter.

Pigdango

Donator
Yeah Piggy and I were discussing this on Twitter.
I was hoping at least one of your 10 million followers would agree with me that Endgame was a mess. I think this one time I may have to admit that the biggest problem with the movie was me. :(

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
I was hoping at least one of your 10 million followers would agree with me that Endgame was a mess. I think this one time I may have to admit that the biggest problem with the movie was me. :(
I think a lot of people acknowledge that Endgame is kind of a mess, but it's enjoyable and satisfying nonetheless.

Pigdango

Donator
Yep, but @Pigdango having issues like that is very on brand.
You’re never going to let go that I didn’t like Pixels, are you?

Also, don’t forget that time proving me right is also very much on brand for me. What I was saying is I think Endgame MIGHT be a very rare exception where time doesn’t prove me right. We’ll see...

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
You’re never going to let go that I didn’t like Pixels, are you?

Also, don’t forget that time proving me right is also very much on brand for me. What I was saying is I think Endgame MIGHT be a very rare exception where time doesn’t prove me right. We’ll see...
But it had laugh out loud moments....

Ok Nostrapiggy, Endgame is $6.5 million away from Avatar. Can it do it? You have said no... I think Disney might force it via sheer will.

LiddyRules

Ok Nostrapiggy, Endgame is $6.5 million away from Avatar. Can it do it? You have said no... I think Disney might force it via sheer will.
It made $4.75 million domestic last week so it's more possible than I previously thought. Might have been closer if they didn't rerelease it while still in theaters.

Pigdango

Donator

I said they couldn't do it without an international re-release, which they did.

They will get there now. Disney has already started fudging numbers. Look at the adjustment of +24.4% vs their estimate last weekend.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=studioest&yr=2019&wknd=28&p=.htm

A couple more accounting errors and they're there.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Not sure why I was tagged,

But Akira on hold, good.

Thor 4 by Tikiman, good.

Please send money to my pateron for partaking in my opinions.

Discoman

Donator
I guess we'll never get to see the adventures of Testudo and Canada.

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
The fact that Chris Hemsworth apparently likes Kevin Smith enough to appear in his movie knocks him down a bit on the hot scale. He was a 10, but now I only see him as a 9.9.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
No matter what he does for his films, I like Kevin Smith.

LiddyRules

The fact that Chris Hemsworth apparently likes Kevin Smith enough to appear in his movie knocks him down a bit on the hot scale. He was a 10, but now I only see him as a 9.9.
But would you want him to do this to you:

Pigdango

Donator
Now this is an idea I can get behind: