Those "No Maid Service" signs really work

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
Unanswered questions surround decomposed body found in motel
Author: Jenna Troum, Reporter, jtroum@wkbt.com
Published On: Feb 15 2012 07:03:33 PM CST Updated On: Feb 15 2012 07:02:32 PM CST

TOMAH, Wis. -- The man whose badly decomposed body was found in a Tomah motel earlier this month may have been dead for more than two years.

Spencer Lieburn said his father, Kurt Lieburn, was struggling with alcoholism and needed help. He'd been in and out of the hospital, and been kicked out of multiple residences. Spencer himself had to kick him out of his own home a few years ago.

But when his father stopped withdrawing money from his bank account, he knew something was wrong.

For the past two years Spencer’s search for his father has been full of unanswered questions. But now that Kurt Lieburn's badly decomposed body was found at Park Motel, there's just one question that continues to plague him.

"How? That's just my biggest question. How? How do you not know?" said Spencer Lieburn.

Spencer lost touch with his father in late 2009.

Spencer's wife reported Kurt missing to police in March 2011. She told them he had been staying at Park Motel.

"They went to the hotel where he was last seen and his truck was parked right out in front of there. And why didn't they do a wellness check, or check the last place he was known to be staying, or any of that? I don't know why they wouldn't do that," he said.

Police said the management told them Kurt Lieburn had left the motel a long time ago.

It was the same story they told Spencer on the multiple occasions he came to the motel looking for his father.

"If she knew he was staying in Room 19 and that's where his truck was parked when he left, well if she thought he had left for good, why didn't she go back in and clean the room?" he said.

Over the past few days, News 8 has tried reaching out to management here at the Park Motel multiple times. We've called several times and been hung up on. We've also knocked on their door, but no one's answered.

"Disgusted. Absolutely disgusted. He's a person. He's my father. They don't think about it like that. I don't know why they would close that door, lock it, and not go back in there for two years," said Lieburn.

Police said hotel management discovered the body on the bed on February 3. They say the body was so badly decomposed, they could not tell initially whether the body was a man's or a woman's.

But after looking at photos of the scene, Spencer says he knew it was his father.

"They can say they couldn't identify him, but he lived with me for a while before he was at the motel and just the way he slept, you could tell -- that's how he used to lay on my couch, the way he was laying. It was actually quite comforting...as if he just kind of rolled over and went to bed there. But fairly gruesome and probably something I won't forget," he said.

According to Wisconsin Department of Health Serviecs, rooms that are being rented as apartments -- like the one Kurt Lieburn was in -- are not required to be inspected.

Police said they're releasing more information on Kurt Lieburn's death tomorrow.

(Copyright 2012 by WKBT News8000.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
http://www.news8000.com/news/Unansw...ody-found-in-motel/-/326/8784072/-/wus5kxz/-/

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Why do they always use badly decomposed? The guy was probably a skeleton after two years. And how the fuck do the hotel owners not smell the stiff after a week?

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Why do they always use badly decomposed? The guy was probably a skeleton after two years. And how the fuck do the hotel owners not smell the stiff after a week?
Same thing I was wondering. The stink should have worked it's way through the walls within a week.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Ok, it was being rented as an apartment, so the motel staff didn't go in there to clean it.

Fine.

Who the fuck was paying the rent for 2 years?????

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Have any of you ever stayed at one of these lower price places? The decomposition smell was probably overpowered by curry.

kidconnor

55gallon hog
Mar 16, 2005
brooklyn
If you were ever looking for a place to rent where you can do what you want and people minded their business this WAS the place..

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Nicely done with the thread title. I knew exactly what this story was going to be about.

Pumpsie Green

Oct 17, 2008
If nothing else I'm surprised they didn't tow the truck. Even if you're a paying customer if your car is fucking up my lot it's done. This place has some give a shit employees.

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
Is that the place that opie and bobbie got kicked out of?

billfromavenel

May 16, 2007
Ok, it was being rented as an apartment, so the motel staff didn't go in there to clean it.

Fine.

Who the fuck was paying the rent for 2 years?????
thats what i was thinking cause the place i live at if you dont pay your rent by 5 the day its due they are at your room tossing your ass out

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
if he paid with a credit card or debit card they just kept withdrawing the money, its really common for people to die and no one finding them for a long time, my buddy had one last summer in a house converted to apartments, the woman had been dead for every bit of a year half eaten buy her also dead and mummified cat. the neighbors said they only smelled something funny for about a week then never bothered with it because apparently the woman that died was such a miserable cunt no one wanted anything to do with her. the only reason that anyone bothered to even check on her was because apparently she missed an appointment with her social worker, and after 6months they cut off her check, and the rent wasn't getting paid......everything was paid through some "free loading money" account that she had. he said when he went in the TV was still on, and she was mummified with the dead cat not far from her. the cat would have lived longer except it drank all the water out of the toilet (it had been feeding on her) the medical examiner said she had been dead every bit of a year if not more.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
If nothing else I'm surprised they didn't tow the truck. Even if you're a paying customer if your car is fucking up my lot it's done. This place has some give a shit employees.
They liked the busy look the truck gave.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Also "badly decomposed" is simply a shitty term. That sounds like he failed to decompose. It would make more sense to say "successfully decomposed", or "decomposed to the extent expected".

Myhairygrundle

Screw you guys, I'm going home.
Jul 16, 2005
Texas
[Norm MacDonald] Note to self: When traveling through Tomah, Wisconsin...do not stay in room 19 at the Park Motel. [Norm MacDonald]