Thoughts on the new Hitman Movie starring Timothy Olyphant?

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
Thoughts on the new Hitman Movie?

I loved the games. Anyone think the movie will be equally fun? I heard Jason Statham turned down the lead roll. He would have been my guess for the lead.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I think the commercials make it look like it might be cool. And it is rated R so I have to give them credit for that.

WeToYou

I am fucking pointless.
Jan 18, 2006
If you're doubting the lead actor...
Just watch Deadwood.
I'm pretty sure this is going to be his big role...and I'm happy for him. I think this'll be like a sophisticated, physiological James Bond flick.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
I had my doubts...but I think it might be good...I saw a trailer a few weeks ago on my On Demand, It looked sick!

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
I have seen the lead actor before, and don't doubt his ability, this could be a big one for him. I just hope Hollywood doesn't fuck this up.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Looking very forward to this.

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
While I generally like Timothy Olyphant in movies, I still think they should've just stuck with the guy who voiced Agent 47 in the games.

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
I think the commercials make it look like it might be cool. And it is rated R so I have to give them credit for that.
You spoke too soon, Liddy.

http://twitchfilm.net/site/view/fox-yanks-hit-man-from-director-xavier-gens/

Fox Yanks HIT MAN From Director Xavier Gens

While there has been no official word on this so far I’m hearing it from enough sources very close to the film itself and the principals involved that I’m quite confident reporting it as fact. Word is out that Fox has yanked control of upcoming video game adaptation away from director Xavier Gens. This happens from time to time if a director turns in weak footage but that is not the case here. After being hired to shoot an adaptation of the ultra-violent video game Gens took Asian action films such as The Killer and A Bittersweet Life as his starting point and turned in an explicitly violent, very bloody cut of the film that apparently included a number of head shots and extreme gore moments that would have guaranteed the film a hard R rating. Which really shouldn’t have been any sort of surprise if the studio execs had been paying any attention at all - it’s not like they wouldn’t have seen the dailies or effects work ahead of time - but apparently after seeing Gens’ cut of the film the studio removed him from the project and placed Nicolas De Toth in control of a new edit of the film. Who’s De Toth? He’s the man behind the edit of Live Free Or Die Hard, a job he was hired for specifically to turn in an entirely bloodless version of the film and word is that this is his task with Hit Man as well. So what are we going to get? A bloodless version of the film assembled with no input whatsoever from Gens. Very sad considering just how promising the trailers have been so far.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

While there has been no official word on this so far I’m hearing it from enough sources very close to the film itself and the principals involved that I’m quite confident reporting it as fact. Word is out that Fox has yanked control of upcoming video game adaptation away from director Xavier Gens. This happens from time to time if a director turns in weak footage but that is not the case here. After being hired to shoot an adaptation of the ultra-violent video game Gens took Asian action films such as The Killer and A Bittersweet Life as his starting point and turned in an explicitly violent, very bloody cut of the film that apparently included a number of head shots and extreme gore moments that would have guaranteed the film a hard R rating. Which really shouldn’t have been any sort of surprise if the studio execs had been paying any attention at all - it’s not like they wouldn’t have seen the dailies or effects work ahead of time - but apparently after seeing Gens’ cut of the film the studio removed him from the project and placed Nicolas De Toth in control of a new edit of the film. Who’s De Toth? He’s the man behind the edit of Live Free Or Die Hard, a job he was hired for specifically to turn in an entirely bloodless version of the film and word is that this is his task with Hit Man as well. So what are we going to get? A bloodless version of the film assembled with no input whatsoever from Gens. Very sad considering just how promising the trailers have been so far.
Oh, the PG-13 Die Hard 4.

Cunty Mccunt cunt cunt. Fucking studio cunts.

But thanks for letting me know.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT

Now that is disapointing. Lets make a movie about a game, that is nothing like the game.....its genius!

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
all this means is a director's cut at some point being released...

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA

The "Hitman" is a genetically-engineered, elite assassin known only as Agent 47. His hallmarks are lethal grace, unwavering precision, and resolute pride in his work. But even 47 couldn't anticipate a "random equation" in his life exactitude: the unexpected stirrings of his conscience and the unfamiliar emotions aroused in him by a mysterious Russian woman.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Hitman should be a hit man if they keep it rated R!

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
You should be a professional critic with lines like that. :action-sm

I have such a bad feeling about this movie.
Seriously...something about it seems.....off?

And as much as I like Timothy Olyphant's acting, I still think David Bateson got fucking HOSED

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
cant wait to see this.i have a lil hitman figurine complete with all sorts of cool guns in my kitchen.
i like playing hitman while listening to the audio book "The Ice Man: Confessions of a Mafia Contract Killer(the richard kuklinski story).this guy used to feed live targets to rats while he video taped it.nothing like playing hit man and listening to that book.

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
I heard that in the movie Timothy Olyphant just lets his pending victims interview him. Then, once they fall asleep, he shoots them in the face.

LINGER LONGER!

guitargod2112

Feb 15, 2006
It was pretty cool. Some cool fight scenes. And that girl looks amazing nude. ;) I'm glad it was rated R instead of going for the bigger audience with a PG13 rating. It's worth seeing for a fun violent escape movie.

PunchYourself187

I, The Operator
Apr 24, 2004
I was a big fan of "Hitman 2" and "Hitman: Blood Money".

I think your understanding of "Hitman: Contracts" was based on whether or not you played the very first game, which I had not. So I really didn't enjoy that one. It was also a lot tougher than "Hitman 2" or "Blood Money".

Is the movie like the games in that the plot is revealed as he completes contracts that may or may not have to do with the main story?

Aizazzle

I always have a plan
Jul 27, 2006
Philly
I honestly didn't expect that much from the movie, but it managed to sufficiently surprise me by turning out to be pretty good. Olga Kurylenko looked amazing nude, which alone made it worth the price of admission.

Timothy Olyphant was pretty good, and not a bore...

LINGER LONGER!!!!!

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
Feb 21, 2007
TRueWDT
Well, anyone see it yet? I was gonna go tonight, but ran out of time. Thoughts? Comments?