OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Three Marines court-martialed for hazing after soldier killed himself in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

[​IMG]

2. OilyJillFart

OilyJillFart Well-Lubed Member

So now the new fad of zero hurt feelings is hitting the military? Better hope we can maintain that technological edge in warfare, we're doomed otherwise.

3. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

You weep for Santiago, and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives.

4. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Registered User

sounds like they went easy on the faggot, they should killed him on the spot for falling asleep on duty.

does not agree with court-martial
    [​IMG]

5. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Gonna guess that sleeping on watch duty thing is bullshit. Not that he did it, but under the conditions. They might've had him on duty non-stop or with little rest. Marines treat each other like shit, but they're the toughest so don't be one if you can't deal.

6. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Yeah, they don't look too highly on "hazing" anymore. When I was in, there were some new Corporals who almost lost their legs due to blood clots from their Blood Stripe ceremony (look it up, I'm not going to explain it). I (and my entire shop) almost got in serious shit for hazing a new guy, because he got knocked unconscious and a dislocated shoulder.

7. Voss's Tumor

Voss's Tumor Banned

Falling asleep on watch is a very serious offense, though. Under certain circumstances it's essentially a felony.