Thundercats the movie

JMCC

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-webthundercats7jun07,1,1142147.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews&ctrack=1&cset=true
Thundercats' coming to the big screen
Warner Bros. Pictures has optioned a script based on the popular 1980s animated television series.
By Sheigh Crabtree, Special to the Times
June 7, 2007

Mutant CGI cats from outer space are clawing their way to the big screen.

Warner Bros. Pictures has optioned a "Thundercats" script from first-time screenwriter Paul Sopocy based on the popular 1980s animated television series.

The premise of "Thundercats" is that a pack of anthropomorphized cats find themselves homeless after their planet, Thundera, is blown to smithereens, and are chased through space by Mumm-Ra, an evil sorcerer intent on euthanizing them.

The big-screen adaptation is being produced by Paula Weinstein through her company, Spring Creek Productions.

Although earlier reports suggested that the "Thundercats" movie would be live action, the film is being computer animated, a Warner Bros. spokesperson said.

The "Thundercats" series inspired a comic book series published by Marvel and DC. In the late '90s, Cartoon Network began re-airing the series during its afternoon animation block, Toonami.
I was a huge fan as a kid, i just hope they don't fuck it up :icon_evil

MAVRIC305

I speak the human language
Feel the magic, hear the roar, the Thundercats are loose... RRROOROR....

I would be interested in seeing who plays the chick cat. Her name escapes me, was it chiara, or something?

Schnarf, schnarf...

Swamp CAve

aka Fuzzy Dunlop
Feel the magic, hear the roar, the Thundercats are loose... RRROOROR....

I would be interested in seeing who plays the chick cat. Her name escapes me, was it chiara, or something?

Schnarf, schnarf...
cheetara.

panthro was a pimp

MAVRIC305

I speak the human language
Is it me, or did you always look forward to the episodes where you would here this:

"Transform this decayed form, to Mohmra, the ever living!"

ratedRsuperstar

...when McCainia runs wild on you!!!!
i can see...
michael clarke duncan as panthro
charlize theron or rebecca romaijn as cheetara

Darth Mode

You went over my helmet?!
You think they can get Imus to play Mumm-Ra? Tee hee. I loved this cartoon as a kid. I even bought the 4 box sets of DVD's so I own every episode. I hope it turns out good and not some total crap like Batman & Robin.

Darth Mode

For those who have never seen this, here's a fake movie trailer for a live action version of ThunderCats. It's pretty old.

[yt]q8lVQeLWDrc[/yt]

I watched it if there was nothing else on when I was kid. I'm not overly interested in this movie but I'm sure there are a ton of fans that are excited. Thats cool for them. First Transformers which I'm really excited about. Now Thundercats. Can we please get a live action G.I. Joe already!!

Jerry1

Megatron Star!
I watched it if there was nothing else on when I was kid. I'm not overly interested in this movie but I'm sure there are a ton of fans that are excited. Thats cool for them. First Transformers which I'm really excited about. Now Thundercats. Can we please get a live action G.I. Joe already!!
There were stories that DeSanto said if Transformers does well, G.I. Joe may be next.

As for a Thundercats movie.....I dunno. Was a pretty cool cartoon but may not transfer well to live action. I will reserve judgement til I see more.

silentbob8201

they announced the GI JOE project isnt dead this week as well. Wake me when the Silver Hawks or M.A.S.K get a movie

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Pumro...he was the guy with the three ball whip, right?......ummm Gary Sinese?
Kit and Kat...some athletic asian martial arts maternal twins
Jaga...well Robert Reed is too late, what about Blue from Old School?
Cheetara: I bet they go with some latino hottie

Larz

****Self-Banned****
It's My Birthday!
Well heres a Norway Fun-Fact...

The the guy that voiced Panthro is the same actor that played Bill Cosby's father on the Cosby Show. He's famous in my country for being the one black on the planet that speaks fluent Norwegian. Don't even ask me how its possible. He probably learned it to fuck our women.

There were stories that DeSanto said if Transformers does well, G.I. Joe may be next.
One can only hope this is true.

they announced the GI JOE project isnt dead this week as well. Wake me when the Silver Hawks or M.A.S.K get a movie
I totally agree with you on the M.A.S.K movie. I don't remember Silver Hawks though.

Darth Mode

Pumro...he was the guy with the three ball whip, right?......ummm Gary Sinese?
Kit and Kat...some athletic asian martial arts maternal twins
Jaga...well Robert Reed is too late, what about Blue from Old School?
Cheetara: I bet they go with some latino hottie
Well the guy who played Blue died not to long ago. I'm sure they'll get a bunch of unknown actors to play the parts. Maybe one well known star.

thrawn42

Hackmaster Jones Sr.
I was a big fan as a kid. I went back to watch it and it's definitely showing its age, but there's still plenty of nostalgia.
If anyone wants to see some hardcore Thundercats, go check out WildStorm's Thundercats comic series.

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.

The the guy that voiced Panthro is the same actor that played Bill Cosby's father on the Cosby Show. He's famous in my country for being the one black on the planet that speaks fluent Norwegian. Don't even ask me how its possible. He probably learned it to fuck our women.
no, he just needs to be black for white women to want to fuck him.

BaLZaC~308

ONE OF THE COOL KIDS
Well in the 80's there wasnt many jobs for blacks

You can hope all you want.
There are just some things that should stay in 80s.
Hate to say this but I totally agree

Can we please get a live action G.I. Joe already!!
Yuck... Live action GI Joe would be as good as Live action Street fighter.
Now a mature cartoon... maybe, but I think this is another example of better to be left alone

2 great shows, I fucking loved "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors"... I think I was the only one

I don't remember Silver Hawks though.
Shame on You!

J

jfragons

I wonder if nobody will die during any of the battles in the movie..

I remember cobra jets exploding into giant balls of flame.. Then a cobra pilot floats safely to the ground in his parachute. Time and time again...

The most ineffective war ever.

silentbob8201

im probably going to get shit on for saying this but Vin Diesel for Panthro.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
I'm holding out for the Bionic Six movie.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Yuck... Live action GI Joe would be as good as Live action Street fighter.
Now a mature cartoon... maybe, but I think this is another example of better to be left alone
Ironic, Considering the entire toy line was baised on a WWII movie starring Hume Cronin