Tiger escapes in Cali

frago

I am Jacks raging bile duct
Apr 27, 2006
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7160113.stm

One person has been killed and two others injured after a tiger escaped from its cage at San Francisco Zoo.

All of the victims were visitors to the zoo, a spokesman for San Francisco emergency services said.

It is not clear how the tiger, which was shot dead during the rampage, escaped from its pen.

The incident occurred in a cafe as the zoo was closing at around 1700 (0100 GMT). Local media initially incorrectly reported that four tigers had escaped.

Emergency services spokesman Lt Ken Smith said that they were called to the zoo at 1715 following a report that a person had been attacked by a tiger.

In response the zoo was evacuated and armed police officers and firefighters sent to the scene.

Past attack

Police shot the tiger as it was mauling one of the victims who survived, Lt Smith said.

Siberian tigers (file pic)
The zoo is home to Siberian and Sumatran tigers
The two injured people were described by Lt Smith as being in a critical condition.

Margie Shafer, a reporter from local radio station KCBS, told the BBC that the attack occurred when the tiger entered the Terrace Cafe, a restaurant about 60m (yards) from the tiger enclosure.

She said that there were unconfirmed reports that the tiger had jumped a moat to make its escape.

San Francisco Zoo is home to both Siberian and Sumatran tigers.

In December 2006, a keeper at the zoo had her arm severely lacerated when a female Siberian tiger reached through the bars of its cage and mauled her during a public feeding.

As a result of that attack the zoo built a new feeding enclosure in its Lion House to protect the trainers as they carried out feedings.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I had a girlfriend who always had dreams that was going to happen to her... She was a nervous wreck at zoos.

guess she wasnt as nuts as i always said she was.

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit. Somebody's getting another visit from Santy Claws real soon.

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
Lawsuit lawsuit lawsuit. Somebody's getting another visit from Santy Claws real soon.

LOL, they just did the early morning story on this in the local news,,,THE VERY NEXT STORY= "the family that lost a loved one in one of the big dig disiaster's has finially recieved there first check, and have said they were very happy and do not plan to take further action stating that everybody has suffered enough".........:rolleyes:

BIG LAWSUIT with the tiger thing!

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
Seriously. The tiger is probably going to end up 'put down' because he got out and did what his animalistic instincts told him to do.

I understand going to the zoo and not expecting to be eaten by a tiger, but the tiger shouldn't be blamed. Besides, he's cut such a scruffable l'il white tummy.

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
they hung him from a poll wearing a Dunce cap in front of the other tigers to discourage that sort of behavior.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
they hung him from a poll wearing a Dunce cap in front of the other tigers to discourage that sort of behavior.
And then the other tigers ate him, shat up the undigested dunce cap, and continued to live like tigers, not giving two blue fucks about what humans think of their 'behavior.'

Glenn Dandy

Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
And then the other tigers ate him, shat up the undigested dunce cap, and continued to live like tigers, not giving two blue fucks about what humans think of their 'behavior.'
call me crazy,,, but even a tiger learns the boomstick rules the jungle bro.:action-sm

GoCamels

Hark the sound of Tar Heel voices...
Aug 19, 2005
Graveyard Of The Atlantic
Who the FUCK goes to the zoo on Christmas?

Who the FUCK opens the zoo on Christmas?

Who the FUCK makes people work at the zoo on Christmas? (okay, the animals have to be taken care of, fed, etc. like its a normal day so there are people who have to work anyway.)

They deserved to get eaten...STAY THE FUCK HOME ya douches...even if you don't celebrate.

Turfmower

Jan 17, 2005
Jersey

Who the FUCK makes people work at the zoo on Christmas? (okay, the animals have to be taken care of, fed, etc. like its a normal day so there are people who have to work anyway.)

They deserved to get eaten...STAY THE FUCK HOME ya douches...even if you don't celebrate.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYNA_dFXYqc[/media]

Nov 29, 2006
FL

Are tigers more likely to escape on Christmas? What am I missing here?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
[30s voice] That tiger's going to be in a cage wearing stripes, see? [/30s voice]

greensnacks

Dec 20, 2004
When asked, "How did the victims taste"? a spokesman for the tiger said, "Theeey'rre Great!".

:icon_redf

Ego

The Only Thing Bigger Than My Head
Feb 15, 2005
Elkton, MD
Tigers. Santy Claws. Tee hee hee. I made a funny.

[nsfw]

[/nsfw]

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
eh, i feel bad for the tiger. who gives a fuck if a few more Californians get eaten they were probably peta members anyway