OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Tiger tell all soon to follow?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Hoffman, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Hoffman

Hoffman Guess who's back? Hoffman's back

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/14237031.stm

2. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

I disagree somewhat with the speculative thread title, he doesnt sound like the type of guy that would cash in. That being said, it wouldnt shock me if he did put a book out there.

3. Pigdango

Pigdango Silence, you mortal Fuck!
    Donator

It all depends on whether he intends to caddy again. I think pro caddies make a pretty good living, so that would have to be one lucrative book offer to make him retire.

4. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

He has been caddying for Adam Scott recently.

Here is my take on the whole thing. I do think Stevie Williams was wrong for saying to Tiger at the 2010 Masters that "you're going to have re-earn my trust". How did Tiger cheating on his wife break Stevie's trust? Although I do wonder if those comments and the ones he made about "him kicking Tiger's butt if he knew about the cheating" were made for Stevie's wife and not because he had a problem with what Tiger did.

If Tiger was mad that Williams wanted to caddy for Scott, he should have put Stevie on retainer so he would be financially taken cared during Woods' break from golf. I don't blame Williams for wanting to work and earn money while Tiger is taking this a break. A break he should have taken during 2010.

5. domelogic

domelogic Registered User

I heard an interview with a golf journalist who knows Steve pretty well and he answered many of your questions. First he is a very strict family man and didnt need to say those things for the benefit of his wife. So much so he refused to go to Tigers bachelor party because he had an idea of what would go on there and didnt want any part of it. He also is someone who doesnt drink much while on the job and is in bed early like 9pm.

As for the caddying thing. He asked Tiger if he could caddie for the open and reluctantly was told yes. That didnt sit to well with Steve since he hasnt pretty much had a job since Tigers car accident. So he knew that he wouldnt have much to do for a while so he helped his friend yes they are friends(him and Adam). Tiger got royally pissed when he caddied at his own tourney and cut him loose immediately. He was on retainer but that doesnt mean shit because all that means is he gets paid when Tiger plays and based on how Tiger finishes.

It is just another example of everything has to revolve around Tiger. He is a dick and will always be one. The guy stayed loyal for almost two years without a job pretty much mind you, how about you cut him some slack and let him earn for his family. He doesnt have your bank roll. So everyone has been cut loose except his agent, damn I guess it was everybody elses fault except Tiger.

6. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

Tiger wouldn't be the first great athlete who is a dick, thinks the world revolves around him, and blames everyone else for his troubles.