Tim Thomas Skips White House

UrsusHorribilis

May 2, 2006
As much as I dislike the current occupant, you should respect the "office of the presidency".

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Classless. I would never turn down an invitation to come to the white house. The president may be wrong or right in your eyes, but his office should command at least a show of proper manners.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
To be fair, in an election year, the President (any president) will use photo ops like that to their advantage. If Thomas doesn't want to do that, it's hard to blame him. However, I can't blame anyone for criticizing him.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
Freedom of expression. The only way I would have respected this guy more was if his team tried to require him and he told them to get fucked. To their credit, they didn't try and let him do his own thing.

The Bruins might be the best organization in the NHL to their players... They traded Ray Borque so that he could win a Stanley Cup before he retired, they didn't make this guy do something he politically disagreed with, etc. I don't know of any other sports organization that classy.

UrsusHorribilis

May 2, 2006
He does. That's why he didn't go.

This is his mask:

Do you really think he doesn't respect the office?
No--he doesn't respect the "office". No matter how misguided the electorate was Obama got elected. The office is bigger than whatever idiot happens to be in it at the time.

To protest a WH visit by an utterly irrelevant hockey team who are probably mostly Canadian/Scandanavian/Russian anyway is just grandstanding by some toothless moron.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Tim has my everlasting respect for this. I already had a lot of respect for him before (he's one of my top 3 favorite goaltenders and probably top 5 favorite hockey players).

No--he doesn't respect the "office". No matter how misguided the electorate was Obama got elected. The office is bigger than whatever idiot happens to be in it at the time.

To protest a WH visit by an utterly irrelevant hockey team who are probably mostly Canadian/Scandanavian/Russian anyway is just grandstanding by some toothless moron.

Irrelevant? I guess you don't watch hockey.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
As much as I dislike the current occupant, you should respect the "office of the presidency".
Classless. I would never turn down an invitation to come to the white house. The president may be wrong or right in your eyes, but his office should command at least a show of proper manners.

Respect is earned. Barack Obama has proven himself on multiple times to be a petty, corrupt, arrogant, elitist asshole who has no respect for the Constitution or the country itself. He's a disgrace to his office, just like his predecessor. Fuck the office and fuck the man.
You can't separate the office from it's current occupant.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
When the guy is an utter disgrace to the office, it's entirely proper to not feed into it. Why should this guy, who is a success at what he does, give a photo op to the biggest failure since Grant?

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
They're so irrelevant that they got invited the White House. And I'm pretty sure his mask ensures that he keeps his teeth. And he's a college graduate.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
The office is NOT bigger than the douchebag in it. On the contrary, the office is defined by the douchebag in it. Your definition of "respecting the office" is nothing more than blind loyalty to a title.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly

I hate the fuckers but they're an hardly irrelevant since they're one of the original 6 teams.

UrsusHorribilis

May 2, 2006
The office is NOT bigger than the douchebag in it. On the contrary, the office is defined by the douchebag in it. Your definition of "respecting the office" is nothing more than blind loyalty to a title.
YES--for a fucking meaningless ceremony! I compare it to the Queen of England cutting some ribbon....

If it's a matter of national policy, there should always be debate--anything less would undermine the whole shebang.

I just don't want a hockey goalie/quarterback/pitcher/actor/actress representing me or anyone else.

YES--for a fucking meaningless ceremony! I compare it to the Queen of England cutting some ribbon....

If it's a matter of national policy, there should always be debate--anything less would undermine the whole shebang.

I just don't want a hockey goalie/quarterback/pitcher/actor/actress representing me or anyone else.
They don't, what gave you that idea.

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
I'm so FUCKING sick of Boston, in so many ways.

If you don't live in New England, you have no excuse to not hate it at this point.

Konstantin K

Big League Poster
Aug 25, 2010
I'm so FUCKING sick of Boston, in so many ways.

If you don't live in New England, you have no excuse to not hate it at this point.
It's the accent. It's so fucking obnoxious.