OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Time for Santa to wave "vaarwel" to Black Pete?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by BIV, Dec 6, 2012.

1. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/12/03/us-dutch-belgium-racism-idUSBRE8B20G820121203

Black Pete is my nigga.

2. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

"It was about six years ago when my mum came home from work and phoned me," performance artist Quinsy Gario, who was born on the Dutch Caribbean island of Curacao, told Reuters.

"On the phone I could hear her trembling. She was upset, livid, and said someone at work had called her Zwarte Piet."

Ummm go back to Curacao?

Oh found this charming fact on Wiki...

Foreign tourists, particularly those from the United States and Britain[citation needed], often experience culture shock when encountering the character, as dressing in blackface is considered offensive in these and other countries. Since the 1990s, there have been several attempts to introduce a new kind of Zwarte Piet to the Dutch public, among them replacing traditional black makeup with various other shades of colors.[8] As an experiment in 2006, the NPS (en: Dutch Programme Foundation) replaced the black Pieten with rainbow-colored Pieten but reverted the characters back to the traditional all-black makeup a year later.[9]

[​IMG]

Ewwwwww....

3. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Black Pete rules. I had him growing up. The more fucked up one is THIS from the Netherlands/Scandinavian Countries/Germany...

Krampus. He was an angel that God sent to Hell to be trained how to kipnap and torture exceptionally bad behaved children around Christmas. While he was kidnapping children he would whip them with briars and nettles. No bullshit. That is the Teutonic Christmas Story. If you were bad, instead of a Saint Nicholas gift, he'd give you coal and rotten potatoes. But the worst get carried away in a basket. "Use your imagination" was the explanation for what happened to kids.

[​IMG]

I'll take Black Pete any day.

4. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Ok... that offends angels...

5. BIV

6. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

It's not racist. They were trying to get a real black person, but they all have jobs already. So they had to paint a white dude up.

7. BIV

Seriously, check out the fark thread. I think the resident race baiter is spitting on himself.

8. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

I stopped going there a few years ago... did have a look at that thread though... eeeesh

9. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Don't we have worse problems in the world? These cunts focus on this? We are doomed.

10. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

11. SatansCheerledr

SatansCheerledr Ideologically Unsound

Anything that is black is automatically racist. When is the rest of the world going to get that through there skulls.

12. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

Why does The Netherlands even import welfare-leeching black malcontents? Anybody who bitches should get a bill and a boat ride to whatever 9th world, Mud Age hellscape they came from.
    What about the feelings of the Dutch who have had this tradition for centuries? Concern about people's feelings and culture only ever goes one way.

13. Konstantin K

Konstantin K Big League Poster

I liked the story better when Javier Bardem told it in Collateral.