Tip Jars everywhere

distortion9

Satellite Of Hate
Dec 12, 2001
NY
Anybody else noticing this shit? In no way would I be considered cheap and I actually OVER tip all too often but I'm seeing these tip jars where they should not be.....7 fucking 11? Are you kidding me? Carvel, Baskin Robbins? When did this shit start? Even the gook food place I go to has one on the counter now....I came here to pick this shit up so I don't have to tip the delivery guy....wtf?

Creampier

I have to return some videotapes!
May 11, 2007
Somerville, NJ
A few years back, I went to this Dunkin' Donuts/Subway store not too far away from me. The savage behind the counter made me a good sandwich, so I threw him the rest of the change I got for the purchase.

I went in there a few weeks later and got another sandwich, with another savage behind the counter. This fucker was short on change in the register, so he just dumped the tip jar in, without even recording how much is in there, and gave me my proper change.

Since then, I know the tips aren't going to get to the poor minimum wage earning bastard behind the counter, so I don't even bother. I've seen the same thing happen at other Dunkin Donuts and 7-11's as well! Nobody's gonna guilt me into giving tips anyway, but that's just even better of a reason not to!

notmikeh

don't get any cucks on your wee
Jun 8, 2006
tips are for hot girls you want to bang. not for savages that try and take every penny from you. has anyone tryed to buy something at a 7-11 and the sand monkey behind the counter closes the cash register with out giving you your change? and if you ask for YOUR money they give you a dirty look like your the ass. fuck them and their mothers

Nothing Sound

Riding the Biggest Wave
Dec 9, 2004
Next to aleash
What's the big deal?
No one says that you have to tip.
Just ignore them like I do. I don't even acknowledge that they exist.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
I'll give em a tip, go back where you crawled here from savage.

hot girls at ritas water ice get tips though. for being cute and 18.

YaHearIHearMe

Yeah....Wait What?
Feb 14, 2005
Suffolk County, LI
I only tip if im getting a check at the end of my meal and a waiter or waitress had helped me.
Oh wait I do leave the change when I do bring my refillable cup to D&D and they clean it out for me before they fill it up other then that there is no need.

fuckwit

He loves you, and he needs money.
Jul 27, 2006
jersey
A few years back, I went to this Dunkin' Donuts/Subway store not too far away from me. The savage behind the counter made me a good sandwich, so I threw him the rest of the change I got for the purchase.

I went in there a few weeks later and got another sandwich, with another savage behind the counter. This fucker was short on change in the register, so he just dumped the tip jar in, without even recording how much is in there, and gave me my proper change.

Since then, I know the tips aren't going to get to the poor minimum wage earning bastard behind the counter, so I don't even bother. I've seen the same thing happen at other Dunkin Donuts and 7-11's as well! Nobody's gonna guilt me into giving tips anyway, but that's just even better of a reason not to!

it could be that at the end of the day when they total out the register they keep whatever cash its over. maybe

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
To me tipping is only for when the staff does an above average job.

burky79

62 75 72 6b 79 37 39
Feb 18, 2005
in a house
What's the big deal?
No one says that you have to tip.
Just ignore them like I do. I don't even acknowledge that they exist.
the savages or the tip jars?... or both :)

----

as has been posted above a tip is only deserved when someone has done a good job with a good attitude. ya know some good customer relations. that can include a person at a coffee joint or a donut shop, etc... IF the effort was there. or you're an 18-20 year old hot chick, that made the extra effort in advance to look good coming into work, then i think you've earned that tip too... for making my day better/easier.

but larry lack luster giving you coffee and not making any eye contact or talking to the floor and shuffling his way back to the "order here" side... no.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I am glad I am not the only one noticing this. I just pretend like it's not there if it's not a situation where I'd be inclined to leave a tip.

YaHearIHearMe

Yeah....Wait What?
Feb 14, 2005
Suffolk County, LI
I forgot to add before My mother one time went to carvel awhile back to pick up a berfday cake. When she went to pay and got her change back the young girl behind the counter literally had placed the tip jar in front of my mom to like remind her. My mom said she just laughed at her.

Taintkisser

has anyone seen my NAZI Helmet?
Feb 15, 2006
Dix Hills
went into the Carvel by my parents house and they too had a tip cup. At first I felt bad and considered tipping, thinking that they make shit money. However, then the fucking asian bitch tried to take my order and got it wrong 3 times!!! Besides the fact she could barely speak english. I fucking hate this whole tip[ing thing and I am glad I am not only one who sees it

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
Dunkin Donuts...that to me is a joke...i filter out my pennies for that thing...no way some douche pouring me coffee gets a tip...

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i give tips freely:

dont smoke in bed.
dont try to fuck my dog, he bites

jagsfans

Dec 26, 2005
Jacksonville FL
Tip jars suck. You get a tip for bringing me food, not making me wait at a counter.

But, I do tip well to waiters/waitresses/delivery drivers. I go out of my way to give a good tip to blacks so I can send a message to that non tipping fucking community.

Feb 4, 2005
Deer Park
no way some douche pouring me coffee gets a tip...
keep your pennies then, cause this douche will make you pay the one cent on your 2.01 coffee, or give you the 99 cents back.
if your a regular at my coffee shop, and you don't ever tip, you don't ever get a buyback. nobody who works for small tips expects the one time customer to tip. it's the regulars, if your at a place that is a coffee BAR, it is a bar, serving you your DRUG, and smiling while your on the cell phone conducting business holding up my line because your ass has to ask the office what they want as soon as you get in front of me at the register.
and your the same douche that complains that it takes too long to make your drink.

I'm the same guy that you hand your cell phone too when you can't remember the name of your wifes drink.
I'm the same guy when you've come in enough, i have your drink made when you walk through the door.
im the same guy who has clearly said Cappucino 5 times, and you come up and ask if this is your mocha.

if you don't think i deserve a tip, go screw. everybody has a job with problems, and every job compensates them differently, either with a great wage, some sort of massive discount. mine gives me cheap benefits, a 401k, stock, and on average 2 bucks an hour off the books in tips.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
My issue with it, is that people at Dunkin Donuts, Carvel, etc. are being paid as normal employees. That means at least minimum wage ($7.15 in NY) and up. Tipping them would be like tipping the cashier at Home Depot or the supermarket.

Granted, if I walk into Dunkin Donuts and have a long order, I will leave something. Though at a few places near me, they have signs on the counters asking customers NOT to tip.

Waiters and bartenders on the other hand are allowed to be paid nearly half of the standard minimum wage because the government assumes that the majority of their pay will be tips and taxes them accordingly. Businesses are allowed to pool tips, but it must go only to those employees eligible, not to kitchen staff, management, etc. A waiter or waitress interacts with you for more than the 30 seconds it takes to grab a donut, put it in a bag and hit a key on a register.

RobeSoup&Tears

Get 'em while they're hot
Aug 16, 2005
Riverdale, New York
It's probably been mentioned already but what get's me are the tip jars at SELF SERVICE stores like a 7/11 or WaWa where you get you're own drink (Coffee, Soda, Slurpie etc.) and/or food.