• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

Tire question

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
My wife bought a used (2010) car a few months ago. Her dad went with her when she bought it, when they got home we noticed the tires all had cracks around the tread (treads are all good though). I called the salesperson, she said to see the used car manager when i picked up the tags. Went to pick up the tags and the assistant manager checked out the car, he said the manager would have to make the determination on what to do, but of course he wasn't in. Since then its the same shit, i call promise to get a call back, never hear anything. The manager seems to be there the same times i work so its hard for me just to show up.

So my questions are 1. Are the cracks serious? My wife and our infant daughter primarily ride in this car so i want to be sure. 2.Should i keep pestering the dealer or do i have no shot at having them do something about it?

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
I'd stay on the dealer
Maybe they'll do the right thing , maybe not
But it doesn't hurt to try
Anything in the sales agreement to hang your hat on ?

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Dry rot. Time for tires
Yep regardless of millage tires only last 7 to 8 years... actually had a set de-laminate on the highway that were about 8 years old on my old car even though they still had lots of tread left. Note they were Pierellis... and not like ones from Ted's Tire Emporium etc... mind you I did replace them with the cheapest tire I could get though.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Tires are one thing I won't skimp on. That doesn't mean I don't look for (and find) deals, but I stick with Michelin, Continental, and a few other top ones.
My old car... yep I cheaped out tires.... new cars nope... considering my chick has to drive to and from Bawferston every work day... figured best not cheap out.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
I got some Cooper AT for my truck... first time I have bought them for a larger vehicle... basically 900 to 1200 price point... due to the weird rim size on mine. Did at least get fleet rates from Town Fair Tire... as I have farm plates on it.

Top Bottom