Titans

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Report: The Titans TV Series Line-Up Revealed
Robin, Barbara Gordon, Starfire and more said to among the line-up.
By Michael MartinCasting has reportedly begun for TNT's and Warner Bros.' Titans pilot, a live-action television pilot based on the DC Comics series The Teen Titans.

The Titans roster will feature a mix of new and established Teen Titans characters, including Dick Grayson as both Robin and Nightwing, Barbara Gordon, Hawk and Dove, Raven, and Starfire, according to Nerdist.

Per the Nerdist report, Dick Grayson will initially suit up as Robin as he patrols Boston, not Bludhaven, while he is estranged from his mentor Batman. It is expected that Grayson will eventually take on the mantle of Nightwing in the show.

Barbara Gordon, the iconic redheaded version of Batgirl in the comics, is a wheelchair-bound computer hacker in the pilot. While not referred to by the name (yet?), the character draws inspiration from Oracle, Gordon’s post-Batgirl role in the comics and the Batman: Arkham video game series. She is the only character to not have previously been a member of the Teen Titans.

Hawk and Dove are also said to be in the Titans pilot. Nerdist says the script calls for a romantic pairing of the duo, believed to be the Hank Hall and Dawn Granger. The characters have made guest appearances in Teen Titans comics in the past.

Lastly, the report says established members Raven and Starfire appear at the very end of the pilot. Raven, the teleporting empath, will reportedly be named Rachel Roth. The name was given to the 2000’s version of the character in Geoff John’s run on the Teen Titans comic.

Starfire, an alien princess from the planet Tamaran, is also expected to play a role on the team in the TV show. She has been romantically involved with Dick Grayson in the comics, and could be involved in a potential love triangle scenario in the show with Dick and Barbara.

Cyborg and Beast Boy, two long-time Teen Titans members from both the comics and animated series, are said to not be featured in the pilot.

It was revealed last September that TNT was interested in developing a Teen Titans TV show.

Akiva Goldsman (A Beautiful Mind, I Am Legend, Fringe) is executive producing The Titans. His last work on a DC Comics-related project came as writer of Batman & Robin. Marc Haimes (Men in Black II, The Legend of Zorro) will serve as co-executive producer. Goldsman and Haimes will co-write The Titans pilot.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/report-the-titans-tv-series-line-up-revealed

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
So how many concurrent DC Universes are there now? The movies, Gotham, Arrow/Flash, Super Girl, Constatine, Titans, I'm sure I'm forgetting like 5 more.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
May 4, 2005
Long Island NY
I wish these networks would stop spending money on all these bad comic book series and spend money on other types of shows that I won't watch.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I wish these networks would stop spending money on all these bad comic book series and spend money on other types of shows that I won't watch.
What about a cop show with a cop who's smarter than than the other cops?

EDIT: Instead of a cop, a PI!!!

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
So how many concurrent DC Universes are there now? The movies, Gotham, Arrow/Flash, Super Girl, Constatine, Titans, I'm sure I'm forgetting like 5 more.
I read that Superman is going to exist in the Supergirl universe, which just seems stupid to me. I know they're cousins, but when you have Superman existing in the background, it just makes everything so much less important. Not to mention are we going to get two Supermen in the universe and two Batmen in the universe? I can understand doing it with Flash, but those two are too "big" to have 20 of them running around. I mean we're already getting two Jokers thanks to Gotham.

And you're forgetting Krypton.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
What about a cop show with a cop who's smarter than than the other cops?

EDIT: Instead of a cop, a PI!!!
What about a show about who cop who is also a lawyer and also a doctor? Captain Doctor McGuilicuty Esq. coming soon to USA.

thekidslepthere

May 19, 2004
I read that Superman is going to exist in the Supergirl universe, which just seems stupid to me. I know they're cousins, but when you have Superman existing in the background, it just makes everything so much less important. Not to mention are we going to get two Supermen in the universe and two Batmen in the universe? I can understand doing it with Flash, but those two are too "big" to have 20 of them running around. I mean we're already getting two Jokers thanks to Gotham.

And you're forgetting Krypton.
Since Super Girl lives in the same world as Superman, when people start hash tagging "likeasupergirl" is that an insult? Social Justice Warriors want to know.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hopefully he's going to be playing Dick Grayson younger than his own real age: 28. If this Dick Grayson is 28 and he's just now transitioning into being Nightwing, that would mean that he's been Robin well into his late-20s, which just seems weird and kind of off.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Yup. He looks like a dick.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
These pictures of Brenton are much closer to how I think he'll look in the series than the one posted above.

Long hair.

Short hair.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
So anyone actually watching this? Started it today, on episode 3, so far not hating it. Robin's not nearly as insufferable as his out of context "Fuck Batman" clip would have you believe.

JoeyDVDZ

Donator
Aug 20, 2004
@LiddyRules at least it's better than pretty much any MCU on Netflix right now. I know that's not saying much, but still.

Bobobie

Oct 1, 2005
Bay City Michigan
So anyone actually watching this? Started it today, on episode 3, so far not hating it. Robin's not nearly as insufferable as his out of context "Fuck Batman" clip would have you believe.
I've been watching it. It isn't too bad, but think they just should have made them all teens or all adults.