TNA Russo demoted & replaced with ............

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ

Russo is still on the writing team bec Dixie loves him but Pritchard is in charge
Pritchard is also the heads the talent relations & is credited with the last few weeks of better TV

topher520

learnings for queers
Jul 5, 2006
Boston
Well whoever wrote that Hogan retiring Bit last night should be fuckin fired. Everyone in that crowd bought it until the Stinger came out with his new awefull Gimmick and showed the hidden camera footage of the Hulkster talkin shit with Bichoff..Scary writing there.

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
What was the deal with Pritchard leaving WWE? I know he's been gone a while but he was one of Vince's right hand men for a long time, never heard why they dumped him.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Well whoever wrote that Hogan retiring Bit last night should be fuckin fired. Everyone in that crowd bought it until the Stinger came out with his new awefull Gimmick and showed the hidden camera footage of the Hulkster talkin shit with Bichoff..Scary writing there.
Hogan is in charge of his own stuff

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
What was the deal with Pritchard leaving WWE? I know he's been gone a while but he was one of Vince's right hand men for a long time, never heard why they dumped him.
First time was abuse (drugs/drink) & second time was he didn't fit the new direction (attitude era)

jimmyjimjimz

Wackbag's version of The Miz
Aug 12, 2005
Rockaway Beach, NYC
I heard Vince and Stephanie agreed that he was getting too old, so they decided to fire him.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Eric Bischoff:
"A lot has been written about that recently, and a lot has been written with a lack of full disclosure or full knowledge. I think the change that people are reading about probably represents more of a change in process than anything else. Vince Russo is still a vital part of the creative team in TNA and is a very talented, hard-working, and committed individual. Bruce Prichard is as well. I think what we're doing is fine-tuning a process, as opposed to fine-tuning or changing authority and control."

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
& now added:
In a move that has been rumored for about a week, David Lagana will be headed to TNA for a writing position. Lagana had been working with ROH heading its social media department, but had wanted to get back into writing.

Exactly how the power structure on the writing team would shake out will be interesting. Lagana's name had come up with the idea that if they were to replace Vince Russo, Lagana was on the very short list of people out there who had experience in actually writing television wrestling shows that actually had a basic knowledge of wrestling. So many of the ex-WWE writers didn't know wrestling, and others, who have had success booking at the indie level had the knock of never writing "modern style" wrestling television.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
New TNA creative staff member Dave Lagana will not be writing the Impact Wrestling television show. Rather, his initial duties will involve a project in India that TNA is working on, and the All Wheels Wrestling offshoot.

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Russo is now taking credit for The Montreal Screwjob - he is unbelievable

UCJOE

Mar 7, 2009
NJ
He did an interview where he said he came up with the idea but didn't think Vince would do it & had no idea until after
I would bet its total BS, bec he was never discussed as being in on it by anybody else (HHH, HBK, Vince, Hebner, Patterson, etc)

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
He did an interview where he said he came up with the idea but didn't think Vince would do it & had no idea until after
I would bet its total BS, bec he was never discussed as being in on it by anybody else (HHH, HBK, Vince, Hebner, Patterson, etc)
What an asshole.