TNG in Theaters! July 23 : “Where No One Has Gone Before” and “Datalore”

jagsfans

Why would they remaster these random episodes. I'd go see Remastered Best of Both Worlds or Remastered Klingon Civil War.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Sorry. I should have mentioned that this is to show-off the quality for the TNG episodes on blu-ray for each season that will be released every few months.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
if you go to theaters to watch this versus using netflix instant your an asshole

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
if you go to theaters to watch this versus using netflix instant your an asshole
A) I don't think Netflix has the special remastered TNG yet.
B) Watching something on the big screen is a lot different than watching it on TV. You catch so much more detail it's like a different experience.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Netflix's instant library is lacking so much. I use it but damn, get some more content ffs.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I can't imagine anything that would make me want to go see an episode of star trek in a movie theater when I've already seen it before.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
I can't imagine anything that would make me want to go see an episode of star trek in a movie theater when I've already seen it before.
Knowing you, a Will Wheaton crotch shot would do it, you cranky pedophile

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
A) I don't think Netflix has the special remastered TNG yet.
B) Watching something on the big screen is a lot different than watching it on TV. You catch so much more detail it's like a different experience.
I'm not sure about B. Sure, when a movie is shot for theaters and it's special effect laden, the big screen is a must. But new effects or no, this was intended for TV.

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
I'm not sure about B. Sure, when a movie is shot for theaters and it's special effect laden, the big screen is a must. But new effects or no, this was intended for TV.
Bingo.

Wasn't it shot in 4:3? Are they going to do the blur side bars like they do on the news...

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Pessimists.

Yes, it is shot in 4:3.

jagsfans

Like I said earlier, I'd go see some of the more epic episodes w/fun space battles in theater but not a random episode featuring Data's brother.

Bluestreak

This space intentionally left blank.
Pessimists.

Yes, it is shot in 4:3.
We heard you!
:action-sm

I thought I read somewhere that it was shot on film, then transferred to 4:3 for TV, with the SD video effects.
The Blu-Ray releases should be widescreen with the new HD CGI effects.

-edit-
Nope, I'm wrong. They'll be in 4:3. Ugh.

TJLamb0518

Jumping That Shark....
Like I said earlier, I'd go see some of the more epic episodes w/fun space battles in theater but not a random episode featuring Data's brother.
And it's not even the Lore episode with the crystal broccoli!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
It is wrong that I first read this as "TNB in theaters"

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dats not true. My uncle said it was big and juicy and stuff when he rubbed it under the dinner table.