to the car people out there, dodge or chevy??

sherwood

I am looking at getting a truck (not brand new) and I cant make a decision because I dont know a damn thing about cars. I have gotten mixed thoghts from different people I have asked about dodge's and chevy's, I know theres some wack baggers out there that know their shit on this, so i am turning you guys, dodge or chevy?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Of the two listed, both are about the same in my book. Ford makes the best American trucks, IMHO. I'd take a Tundra or a Titan over any of them.

That being said, you'll probably get a better deal on a Dodge than anything else.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
The first vehicle I purchased new was a Dodge and I had nothing but trouble out of it (transmission problems). Since I ditched that piece of shit, I've owned 5 Chevy's with minimal mechanical issues. My last 2 Chevy trucks (a '98 Chevy S-10 4-cylinder and the 2001 Chevy S-10 6-cylinder 4X4 crewcab I'm currently driving) both are really dependable vehicles. I've had virtually no trouble out of each of them.

I repossess a lot of Chevy's and Dodge's. . . The Dodge's don't bring shit at auction when we have to sell them compared to the Chevy's. I don't know why, but they don't seem to hold their re-sale value like a Chevy.

I hope this helps.:action-sm

fkornre

Boogity Boogity Boogity...Let's go racing boys...
to answer your question i would take a chevy over a dodge...

i agree with Sinn, ford trucks are the best american trucks...

for a USED vehicle i would take a tundra, titan or large tacoma over the american USED vehicle anyday of the week...

My first truck was a Dodge Ram 1500. Fucking shit. I kept it for a year and went to Ford. The A/C went after a few months. The breaks were fucked up from the get go. The driver mirror just about shook off the truck. I've owned 3 Fords, 2 Chevy's since then, and of the American makes, Ford is the best truck out there.

Chevy over Dodge though, hands down.

TrybalRage

Chevy over Dodge.

However, you'll find a Dodge for less.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
i would try a nissan first, i own dodges, i would never get a chevy

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Chevy...Dodges seem to have a history of transmission problems...as my grandpa said: "they don't call em Dodge's for nothing!"

Polack

Who is John Galt?
Dodges are notoriously bad trucks. Don't go witha dodge. every fall I have to go to the transmission shop cause I burned the tranny out plowing snow.

Toyota.. or just wait for the JT Jeep Pickup (if they ever decide to bring it out of concept)

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Dodges are notoriously bad trucks. Don't go witha dodge. every fall I have to go to the transmission shop cause I burned the tranny out plowing snow.
Lots of snow plow guys have to get frequent tranny rebuilds, especially those who are using 1/2 ton trucks. Anyone serious about plowing snow needs a 3/4 or a 1-ton. There's also no such thing as a tranny cooler that is too big.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
Toyota, they last for ever.That is if you are looking for a small truck and even then the new Tacomas are just about as big as the standard size trucks. I have a 2004 Tacoma 4x4 and have had no problems but have only put on 14,000 miles. A friend has one from back when they were just called Toyota pickup, 89 or 90 and has put it thru hell and it still gets him anywhere he wants to go. My brother had a 91 Tacoma 4x4 he sold in 2004 and had people lining up to buy it.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Lots of snow plow guys have to get frequent tranny rebuilds, especially those who are using 1/2 ton trucks. Anyone serious about plowing snow needs a 3/4 or a 1-ton. There's also no such thing as a tranny cooler that is too big.
qft

N

nic668

I skipped over all the answers on this. I would say get a chevy. Dodge has oil pump issues. Chevy's have coolant leak issues with the heads but that is a simple fix compared to when you oil pump locks up and you run your truck for 3 or 4 miles with no oil pressure. Also dodge has alot of transmission issues. The most common is a sensor inside the transmission that the fluid will leak into cause it not to shift and a complete transmission rebuild or a new transmission is needed. Most chevys have strong drivetrains and dont need alot of work. Fords are good trucks but they have also have transmission issues I replaced about 20 transmission with less than 20k miles on them. Other than that Fords are a good choice also. I my self and a chevy guy but either choice is better than a dodge.

If you need to get our approval for your vehicle maybe you should catch yourself and do independent research on your own.

The only thing that happens with this is people all come out with their personal biases. Get whatever you like that doesn't take too much food off the table.

I have two Dodge Vehicles. an SRT truck and a Viper. Never had a single problem with either. Owned Fords and Chevys and again, never had problems. Maybe people forget the life of a vehicle is tied to maintenance and care more than a stupid brand name. But I digress.

Dave _from_Kiev

Fat, Drunk, and Stupid IS a way to go thru life.
Toyota, they last for ever.That is if you are looking for a small truck and even then the new Tacomas are just about as big as the standard size trucks. I have a 2004 Tacoma 4x4 and have had no problems but have only put on 14,000 miles. A friend has one from back when they were just called Toyota pickup, 89 or 90 and has put it thru hell and it still gets him anywhere he wants to go. My brother had a 91 Tacoma 4x4 he sold in 2004 and had people lining up to buy it.

for those of you considering a japanese truck.....they are notorious for having underbuilt driveline's if you plan on towing, plowing or driving over 100,000 miles. they will not last. I work with a guy who bought one (in the detroit area) who laments his decision everyday. not for the shit he gets, but , because the repair cost is astronomical. seroiuosly...... compare japanese vs. american, if you come away liking the foreign better than fine, but, as a purchaser of both I can tell you. you will not be happy with the japanese model in the long run.

Don't believe the hype......Toyota spends billions a year to convince you foreign brands are superior. while in fact if you spent the time to research the truth , you would find that as far as saftey and reliability the big three have made big leaps in quality for the last 20 years.